Book Excerpt on Current White House

Brad_ATX

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

This kind of does sound like me:

Wolff said “100 percent of the people around” Trump raised concerns about his mental fitness for office.

“I will tell you the one description that everyone gave,” he said. “They all say he is like a child, and what they mean by that is, he has a need for immediate gratification. It’s all about him.”

Verbatim Homer

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sarah Sanders, in her press conference said:

--The Pres. only spoke to Wolff one time for a few minutes and nothing about the book. She said Wolff begged to get an interview with Trump several times but was denied.

--Wolff said he said he sat outside the oval office every day. Sanders said that is absolutely not true. She said he did meet with Steve Bannon several times. Hmmmmm.

Believe what you want. I will take Sander's word any day over Wolff considering his background.

The same Huckabee who stands in front of the press and lies daily? Hmm... Okay

30 minutes ago, G8orH8or said:

The same Huckabee who stands in front of the press and lies daily? Hmm... Okay

Can you give some examples of her lying?

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I would not call these deliberate lies but just bad info on her part. That is the case of any Press Secretary in history.  The point HERE is what she says about Wolff. I said I believe her over Wolff. I stand by that. Here is one example why:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/05/trump-book-author-michael-wolff-made-a-damaging-admission-on-the-today-show/?utm_term=.eb58337750ae

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I would not call these deliberate lies but just bad info on her part. That is the case of any Press Secretary in history.  The point here is what she says about Wolff. I said I believe her over Wolff. I stand by that. Here is one example why:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/05/trump-book-author-michael-wolff-made-a-damaging-admission-on-the-today-show/?utm_term=.eb58337750ae

Here’s what the tweet I linked above was referencing. 

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I would not call these deliberate lies but just bad info on her part. That is the case of any Press Secretary in history. 

It's her job not to have bad info, especially when the info is readily available.  She lies because she just regurgitates whatever he says without bothering to check.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The point here is what she says about Wolff. I said I believe her over Wolff. I stand by that. Here is one example why:

You asked for examples, I gave you some.  I could go on.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's her job not to have bad info, especially when the info is readily available.  She lies because she just regurgitates whatever he says without bothering to check.

You asked for examples, I gave you some.  I could go on.

Fair enough. But you have to go with one or the other in this case and nothing she has said in this case has been shown to be false so I'm sticking with her. Are you siding with Wolff?

A journalist doing "whatever necessary" for a story? Yeah, I expect that of any investigative reporter. I blame the Admin for granting him access, not Wolff. 

6 minutes ago, G8orH8or said:

A journalist doing "whatever necessary" for a story? Yeah, I expect that of any investigative reporter. I blame the Admin for granting him access, not Wolff. 

Your idea of integrity is different from mine. And it appears his access was from Bannon.

Wolff says he has tapes to prove everything he says. I'm not holding my breath. He will make a ton of money out of all this, it will all blow away and the only suckers are the people who buy his book.

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Fair enough. But you have to go with one or the other in this case and nothing she has said in this case has been shown to be false so I'm sticking with her. Are you siding with Wolff?

Largely, yes.  Maybe not 100%, but I don't trust her even a little bit.  I think she would literally say anything to deflect criticism from Trump. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Largely, yes.  Maybe not 100%, but I don't trust her even a little bit.  I think she would literally say anything to deflect criticism from Trump. 

How is she different from any Press Secretary in recent memory in that regard?

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Her boss is different for one.  He lies on a grander scale and therefore her unqualified repeating of his lies is worse.

Also, there's a difference in putting the most positive spin on something for the President vs out and out lying.  The best press secretaries know that difference.  She doesn't.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Her boss is different for one.  He lies on a grander scale and therefore her unqualified repeating of his lies is worse.

Also, there's a difference in putting the most positive spin on something for the President vs out and out lying.  The best press secretaries know that difference.  She doesn't.

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree. In any event I stand by my statement that I believe her IN THIS CASE until proven wrong. Wolff has already been discredited by the WaPO article for starters. He says he has tapes of all the interviews. Why don't he just release them and shut up his detractors. I think you know the answer to that.

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree. In any event I stand by my statement that I believe her IN THIS CASE until proven wrong.

Based on nothing more than you like the president.  She's given you little to no reason at all to trust anything she says.

Wolff has already been discredited by the WaPO article for starters. He says he has tapes of all the interviews. Why don't he just release them and shut up his detractors. I think you know the answer to that.

We'll see.  But the safe bet is, if Sanders' lips are moving from behind that podium, believe the opposite of whatever she says.

Wolff has already been discredited by the WaPO article for starters. He says he has tapes of all the interviews.

That's not the case. It reveals him as a unethical, opportunistic sleaze that will lie to get a scoop, but it doesn't really touch the book.

Why don't he just release them and shut up his detractors. I think you know the answer to that.

LOL.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Based on nothing more than you like the president.  She's given you little to no reason at all to trust anything she says.

And yours is based on nothing more than you DON"T like the president. So touche'.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not all that difficult to perceive the obvious.  For most.

Yes, you and the most of the media have said " like a child", yet a vast improvement over the previous administration. 

Question Brother Homer. Wollf says President Trump did not expect to win or want to win, " losing is winning", " Trump Network". Why the collusion with Russia?

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree. In any event I stand by my statement that I believe her IN THIS CASE until proven wrong. Wolff has already been discredited by the WaPO article for starters. He says he has tapes of all the interviews. Why don't he just release them and shut up his detractors. I think you know the answer to that.

You mean like Trump released those Comey tapes?

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Easy, no president has been attacked liked President Trump. I will take Sarah's word over Wollf. He had an agenda from day 1.

Amazing that Trump has survived. That alone says something. PT, average Joe that elected President Trump probably does really care who Sarah is or this sudden wonder writer  Wollf. 

To busy working and feeling good about things today and the future. Looking for a great 2018.

Archived