Book Excerpt on Current White House

Brad_ATX

58 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Do you still post on tRant? 

I was banned after a combo of inebriation and political discussion.  Their Political Board is like basically a Trump rally.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HVAU said:

I was banned after a combo of inebriation and political discussion.  Their Political Board is like basically a Trump rally.

I’m very familiar. I avoid it like the plague. It’s basically 4chan or r/the_Donald now. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I’m very familiar. I avoid it like the plague. It’s basically 4chan or r/the_Donald now. 

It was pretty funny. I posted there maybe once or twice and was downvoted into oblivion. 

1 hour ago, HVAU said:

Haven't heard.  I went over to TD's Auburn sub sometime around the merge.  AE had gotten a little weird at the time.  Still have an old t-shirt from the AE days.

I may not know the whole history of this board (Auburn Family) but I think it came about when RIR (Rob) bought War Eagle Nation (WEN) somewhere around 2007 from DFK86 (David). As I recall, David started WEN around 2002 and I was one of the early members. I actually met with David and a couple of other guys at Buffaloes in Madison for lunch one day and talked about it. So some posters here who it says 2007 in their profile actually may go back several years earlier. Maybe David or Rob can give a better history and if people came in from some other boards too.

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It was pretty funny. I posted there maybe once or twice and was downvoted into oblivion. 

I'm a bit of a masochist I guess.  I even had an alter, but the persona I used with him rubbed a few posters the wrong way.  Some people don't like debating a person that text-sings Isaac Hayes loving music as rebuttals.  It was a guilty drunken pleasure.  The alter was banned quickly.

Archived