Book Excerpt on Current White House

Brad_ATX

Fascinating read at the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-didn’t-want-to-be-president/ar-BBHPMSG?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Also, here's how the book was sourced:

HOW HE GOT THE STORY This story is adapted from Michael Wolff€™s book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, to be published by Henry Holt & Co. on January 9. Wolff, who chronicles the administration from Election Day to this past October, conducted conversations and interviews over a period of 18 months with the president, most members of his senior staff, and many people to whom they in turn spoke. Shortly after Trump's inauguration, Wolff says, he was able to take up something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing, an idea encouraged by the president himself. Because no one was in a position to either officially approve or formally deny such access, Wolff became more a constant interloper than an invited guest. There were no ground rules placed on his access, and he was required to make no promises about how he would report on what he witnessed.

Since then, he conducted more than 200 interviews. In true Trumpian fashion, the administration's lack of experience and disdain for political norms made for a hodgepodge of journalistic challenges. Information would be provided off-the-record or on deep background, then casually put on the record. Sources would fail to set any parameters on the use of a conversation, or would provide accounts in confidence, only to subsequently share their views widely. And the president's own views, private as well as public, were constantly shared by others. The adaptation presented here offers a front-row view of Trump's presidency, from his improvised transition to his first months in the Oval Office.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing that of all things, a Steve Bannon vs Donald Trump war may be coming after this book dropped and Trump's response.  It may not be Mueller that should be Trump's biggest concern after all.  You just can't make this stuff up.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's amazing that of all things, a Steve Bannon vs Donald Trump war may be coming after this book dropped and Trump's response.  It may not be Mueller that should be Trump's biggest concern after all.  You just can't make this stuff up.

maybe they will try to destroy each other so hard that they destroy.....each other.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It is equally amazing that the Dems/left have ridiculed Bannon for a long time calling him a liar and everything imaginable but let him say something negative about Trump they seize on it and he is suddenly a saint. Pure unadulterated hypocrisy.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It is equally amazing that the Dems/left have ridiculed Bannon for a long time calling him a liar and everything imaginable but let him say something negative about Trump they seize on it and he is suddenly a saint. Pure unadulterated hypocrisy.

I don’t see anyone here deifying Bannon.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Who said he's a saint? You know who testifies against mob bosses, don't you?

13 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Imagine ISIS and Al Qeda going to war with each other. You don’t have to take a side but you hope one destroys the other. That doesn’t make you like either of them. Just reduced your enemies. 

On 1/3/2018 at 9:19 PM, Proud Tiger said:

A "saint"??  :dunno:

That's pure unadultrated crazy.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Wolff has the receipts, apparently. It really did make you wonder, as he was privy to a lot of stuff one wouldn’t expect him to know. 

https://www.axios.com/how-michael-wolff-did-it-2522360813.html

Wow. 

And that's an interesting site.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I am sure no one will be surprised to know that I am not surprised by any of these "revelations".

Trump is not a mysterious figure.  His character is on display virtually every day.

Fantastic article.  I can hardly wait for the book, and undoubtedly, there will be a movie in the future.  ;D

Oh so typical.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-slams-bannon-when-he-was-fired-he-not-only-lost-his-job-he-lost-his-mind/2018/01/03/21fb158a-f0aa-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.2a42384f31cd

Trump lawyer seeks to block insider book on White House

A lawyer representing President Trump sought Thursday to stop the publication of a new behind-the-scenes book about the White House that has already led Trump to angrily decry his former chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

The legal notice — addressed to author Michael Wolff and the president of the book’s publisher — said Trump’s lawyers were pursuing possible charges including libel in connection with the forthcoming book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”

The letter by Beverly Hills-based attorney Charles J. Harder demanded the publisher, Henry Holt and Co., “immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the book” or excerpts and summaries of its contents. The lawyers also seek a full copy of the book as part of their investigation.

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Oh so typical.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-slams-bannon-when-he-was-fired-he-not-only-lost-his-job-he-lost-his-mind/2018/01/03/21fb158a-f0aa-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.2a42384f31cd

Trump lawyer seeks to block insider book on White House

A lawyer representing President Trump sought Thursday to stop the publication of a new behind-the-scenes book about the White House that has already led Trump to angrily decry his former chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

The legal notice — addressed to author Michael Wolff and the president of the book’s publisher — said Trump’s lawyers were pursuing possible charges including libel in connection with the forthcoming book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”

The letter by Beverly Hills-based attorney Charles J. Harder demanded the publisher, Henry Holt and Co., “immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the book” or excerpts and summaries of its contents. The lawyers also seek a full copy of the book as part of their investigation.

Waste of time and money.  No court would find libel with this.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I am sure no one will be surprised to know that I am not surprised by any of these "revelations".

Trump is not a mysterious figure.  His character is on display virtually every day.

Fantastic article.  I can hardly wait for the book, and undoubtedly, there will be a movie in the future.  ;D

Looks like this guy had an agenda and outsmarted President Trump. I am surprised by such "revelations"

I proposed to him that I come to the White House and report an inside story for later publication — journalistically, as a fly on the wall — which he seemed to misconstrue as a request for a job. No, I said. I'd like to just watch and write a book. "A book?" he responded, losing interest. "I hear a lot of people want to write books," he added, clearly not understanding why anybody would. 

46 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Release date for the book has been bumped up to tomorrow because of interest.  Also currently #1 best seller on Amazon.

Damn straight. Kindle edition, here I come. 

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Release date for the book has been bumped up to tomorrow because of interest.  Also currently #1 best seller on Amazon.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/04/white-house-tell-all-to-hit-bookshelves-early-as-publisher-defies-trump-demand.html

“The people who will buy into this book are the people who hate the president already,” 

“We have become used to #FakeNews, now we have #FakeBooks!” Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin tweeted.

Enjoy it

The Trump haters will have orgasms reading this "book" but numerous false claims are already noted and proven. But they need a daily dose of crap to keep up their whining.

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The Trump haters will have orgasms reading this "book" but numerous false claims are already noted and proven. But they need a daily dose of crap to keep up their whining.

Such as?

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Looks like this guy had an agenda and outsmarted President Trump. I am surprised by such "revelations"

I proposed to him that I come to the White House and report an inside story for later publication — journalistically, as a fly on the wall — which he seemed to misconstrue as a request for a job. No, I said. I'd like to just watch and write a book. "A book?" he responded, losing interest. "I hear a lot of people want to write books," he added, clearly not understanding why anybody would. 

Exactly.

And in the absence of definitive permission, the guy took initiative of the of the chaotic situation where no one really knew who was responsible for anything.  Someone added him to the "system" (approved visitor list) and he took full advantage of it by dropping in and talking to whomever he could whenever he could.  It's a classic case of "But I thought he was with you!  

Did you read the article he wrote for The Hollywood Reporter that Ben linked?  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-my-insane-year-inside-trumps-white-house-1071504

He describes the chaos which was (obviously) key to his access.   

That's all on Trump.  He's the guy who is ultimately responsible for organizing his administration.  It's totally beyond his capabilities.

36 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/04/white-house-tell-all-to-hit-bookshelves-early-as-publisher-defies-trump-demand.html

“The people who will buy into this book are the people who hate the president already,” 

“We have become used to #FakeNews, now we have #FakeBooks!” Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin tweeted.

Enjoy it

So wait.  You're telling me the Secretary of the Treasury, who still works for POTUS, is defending him?   Well color me shocked!  Shocked I say!

On a related note, several White House reporters have come out and said something to the effect of "None of these things are surprising as we've heard many of the same throughout the last year from staffers."  Michael Steele, the former head of the RNC, said the same on his radio show tonight (Steele and Unger....great listen by the way).

At some point, it's not a giant conspiracy against Trump.  Ya know, if one person says you're a duck, you laugh.  If two people say it, you laugh.  But if dozens of people close to you are saying the same thing, maybe you're a duck.

Archived