Alabama or Georgia?

DKW 86

8 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Wish they'd discover both teams were cheating and give emergency reinstatements to Okie and Climpsun.  

They wouldn't. They would just make there be no national champion. Remember 2004?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Wish they'd discover both teams were cheating and give emergency reinstatements to Okie and Climpsun.  

How about they just crown UCF as the champs. THAT would be funny.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

For me, I'm pulling for Bama. Living outside of the South for a couple decades taught me to pull for Auburn 1st, state second, and conference 3rd. So had Oklahoma beat UGA, I'd be pulling for Oklahoma. Had Clemson beat Bama, I'd pull for UGA, but since Bama and UGA won... I pull for state before conference...

In this game... a UGA vs Bama national championship, I have to pull for Bama.

That one is easy. Firing squad if I had to pick one of the two. Quick and easy vs dangling for a bit.

Ok.. you say that a UGA win hurts Auburn more than a bama win, but then say you are all for UGA, then say that you don't ever want to see UGA win. I'm confused... 

Thanks for catching that, I edited my post to read that I want Bama to win the game. 

The most physical team will win the game. Who is that? IDK. Sorry I couldn't help.

an updyke win does not help Auburn. If you want to help this state instead of reinforcing the cult stereotype

then pull for Georgia.

Just look at it this way.... One of them will be a loser!!!! 

Yes, we can gloat that they lost the national championship. This could also be the first year that the loser of the Iron Bowl plays in the NC. I'm definitely not pulling for them, they don't deserve it. 

Btw, I'm pulling for Bane as well. 

I'm not going to watch by choice but I'll be pulling for the one with the ugly mascot to lose. :-\ Actually multiple OTs running into Tuesday morning would be awesome. 

Neither, never...just can't.  It's worse than the flu that bit me this week despite an October shot.   Just can't do it.  Just don't care.  I think I'll stomach "The Bachelor" instead.  (P.S.  I cannot believe I didn't know it was premiering last Monday night during the garbagefest.)

I work up in Colorado and at work today I was asked who I would be pulling for. I replied I couldn't stand either one of them. Good news of sorts for me, I'll be at work. UGA fans better beware. If thuga wins don't be surprised if the REC doesn't see fit to take up residence in Athens, GA. :beer2:

11 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I work up in Colorado and at work today I was asked who I would be pulling for. I replied I couldn't stand either one of them. Good news of sorts for me, I'll be at work. UGA fans better beware. If thuga wins don't be surprised if the REC doesn't see fit to take up residence in Athens, GA. :beer2:

Or at least poison the shrubs inside the football stadium maybe  :dunno:

I honestly wish they could play to a 0-0 tie. I have always been pretty cool with UGA fans until this year. Living in GA has been unbearable since the SEC champ game.

I'll NEVER pull for bammer but I can't bring myself to pull for UGA either. This is truly a nightmare scenario

i will probably watch and have a james lee burke novel handy as well. and the reason i will be watching is to smirk and look back fondly at this past season that we spanked two of the supposedly best teams in the country at the top of their game being number one. thanx gus............nothing sucks worse than claiming a natty and knowing you were destroyed  by one of your rivals.......

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will probably watch and have a james lee burke novel handy as well. and the reason i will be watching is to smirk and look back fondly at this past season that we spanked two of the supposedly best teams in the country at the top of their game being number one. thanx gus............nothing sucks worse than claiming a natty and knowing you were destroyed  by one of your rivals.......

I can think of at least one situation that's much worse.

Georgia. Only because they earned it. And I don't have to live with them. I think Bama losing to Auburn and their precious Natty has the more palpable flavor.

But I won't be giving either team the satisfaction of my viewership...

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can think of at least one situation that's much worse.

^^This. Destroying your two biggest rivals only to watch them both play for and one of them walk with the natty is worse. Much, much worse. And it ain’t even close.

42 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Georgia. Only because they earned it. And I don't have to live with them. I think Bama losing to Auburn and their precious Natty has the more palpable flavor.

But I won't be giving either team the satisfaction of my viewership...

Yes al should not be rewarded for being the 3rd best team in the SEC.  The bammers are all saying saban lost to Auburn on purpose so he could rest his players.  Hoping ga can beat them.

8 minutes ago, wde21 said:

Yes al should not be rewarded for being the 3rd best team in the SEC.  The bammers are all saying saban lost to Auburn on purpose so he could rest his players.  Hoping ga can beat them.

I’m not sure about that strategy, I can’t see Saban wanting to lose period, much less to your in state rival.

However, I agree with you about not rewarding teams who did not win their conference, and furthermore did not even win their division within the conference.  They need to set up an 8 team playoff format and choose the conference winners to play.  Removing the human element (a “committee” that performs back room deals) will make for a more fair system in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Neither.  I'm still to figure if there's a way that both can lose.  

Both teams get busted for cheating?  :dunno:

18 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Both teams get busted for cheating?  :dunno:

That IS the best case scenario.

41 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

^^This. Destroying your two biggest rivals only to watch them both play for and one of them walk with the natty is worse. Much, much worse. And it ain’t even close.

and its our fault

"Without losing to Auburn in the Iron Bowl, Alabama wouldn't have gotten an extra week to rest and reflect on who it is and who it isn't. The Crimson Tide might not have found the motivation it clearly needed after one of Nick Saban's worst Novembers as the recipient of the fourth and final playoff spot.

Without losing to Auburn at the start of Amen Corner, Georgia might have gotten too big for its silver britches to make that memorable comeback in the Rose Bowl semifinal against Oklahoma.

Some of it's fact and some of it's speculation, but it all makes sense. Without Auburn, Alabama and Georgia would've played a month ago in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the SEC Championship Game, making their meeting in the same building Monday night more improbable than inevitable."

Without Auburn, Alabama vs. Georgia wouldn't be possible 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/without_auburn_alabama_vs_geor.html

Bammer winning in any situation or at anything never, never, never, ever benefits Auburn, imo. With that said I can not stand Georgia fans. Horrible. It will not get kill me to see bammer win as I seem to be around more leg humpers than jollie reds.

With that said, when our mens BB team visits Tuscalooser this year....Bammer gets to award the 2017 Iron Bowl Trophy to us at halftime. Back to The Plains where it will hopefully stay for several years

Since it has to be one or the other, I don’t have to live and work around ugaly fans so, I guess I want them to win. 

Archived