Supposedly anti-Trump FBI agents favored a tough special prosecutor for HRC

TexasTiger

On to the next lame, dishonest conspiracy theory. This one’s shot:

"Thought of the perfect person [FBI Director James Comey] can bounce this off of?" Strzok wrote in a March 18, 2016 text to Page. "Pat....You got to give me credit if we go with him....And delay briefing him on until I can get back and do it, Late next week or later."

"We talked about him last night, not for this, but how great he is," Page replied.

"I could work with him again....And damn we'd get sh*t DONE," Strzok wrote.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/01/25/hillary-clinton-emails-patrick-fitzgerald-fbi-special-prosecutor-370489?__twitter_impression=true

Shockingly, not everyone thinks of these things in terms of political tribes and biases.  Some people are mature adults who can do their jobs regardless of whether the person they are investigating aligns with their personal political positions or regardless of whether they like the person.

As seems to be the case with so many knee jerk Trump apologists, accusation is usually a form of confession.

56 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This rabid effort to politicize our law inforcement institutions is poison to our country.

Using any government entity to further a political agenda would be poison. Where were you two years ago?

17 minutes ago, WDavE said:

Using any government entity to further a political agenda would be poison. Where were you two years ago?

If you have a point, make it.

Rep. Adam Schiff has many talents, though few compare to his ability to function as a human barometer of Democratic panic. The greater the level of Schiff hot, pressured air, the more trouble the party knows it’s in. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/26/kimberley-strassel-what-are-adam-schiff-doj-and-fbi-trying-to-hide.html

22 minutes ago, WDavE said:

Do you have something you'd like to discuss?

Over the last few years there have been things that were politicized. The IRS blocking conservative Groups but not liberal ones comes to mind. Republicans trying to impeach Bill Clinton was he a scum bag in the way he took advantage of Monica Lewinski, yes did his crimes meet the requirements of impeaching no. Democratic representatives trying to impeach Trump. Do they have reasons to dislike him yes to impeach him not even close.

Some of the texts between the two FBI agents seem to point to a hidden agenda. Is it enough to for sure to say high members of the FBI were part of a Cabal no, does it lead to some honest level of suspicion, yes. Should some people in the Republican party be tainting the whole department no, but when they thought the department was after Hilary we saw similar comments from the Democrats. Remember some of the leaks from the DOJ/FBI basically saying Hilary should go to jail same types of leaks that are occurring around Trump

Washington is full of politicians who play hardball to win, for some the truth does not matter just winning. Sadly I think sometimes people who have been around them for years in the DOJ have taken sides and we have seen instances on both sides.

I think the great majority of people working for the DOJ, FBI,CIA,etc are just doing the job the best they know how and finding the truth whether they agree or disagree with the political views of the person they are investigating, but the leaks to news organizations from these departments (which by the way is illegal in most cases) prove that there are people in these organizations that do have a political agenda.  I think you have people in these organizations on both the right and the left who have leaked both in the Hillary investigations and the Trump investigations. Ideally there would be some mechanism within these departments for getting rid of people who are letting their political views affect how they do their jobs. Nobody at the IRS was punished even when all the evidence pointed at this type of behavior.

If they find people who have done this in the Trump investigation I hope there will be consequences the same for the ones who leaked during the Clinton investigation.

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Shockingly, not everyone thinks of these things in terms of political tribes and biases.  Some people are mature adults who can do their jobs regardless of whether the person they are investigating aligns with their personal political positions or regardless of whether they like the person.

As seems to be the case with so many knee jerk Trump apologists, accusation is usually a form of confession.

Your first statement is true as long as you consider "some" as the key word. Some simply can't.

27 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

That was a sound, reasonable post.

Agree. Very well done.

Archived