Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Aright Montez is funny. Not sure I get this post-fight fight right now. 

To get his wife on the show. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Aright Montez is funny. Not sure I get this post-fight fight right now. 

Calling up Belair.  She is married to Montez.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Calling up Belair.  She is married to Montez.

Irl or in character?

Sasha is quite obviously going to turn on miss “I wanna talk to the manager”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not feeling it brother lol. Compared to Miz/Morrison and New Day both these squads are kind meh. 

Lol dude montez spits hit flaming deadly fire on the mic better than anyone on those teams!!!

Did you see his crazy high flying moves!?! He can go in the ring too!!!! Let's geeeeeet it!!!

They didn't get the allotted time as the ladder match. But montez Ford and Garza could of put on a show.

• Like 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Irl or in character?

IRL. She's a former SEC athlete too. Beaaaaaast.

• Like 2

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

IRL. She's a former SEC athlete too. Beaaaaaast.

Did you see the show about Womens  wrestling? It was called Glitter or something like that. This southern belle girl reminds me of the miss America stereotype from that show.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Irl or in character?

IRL

Not sure about Sasha.  They may be setting up a four horsewomen vs four horsewomen feud.  Rumor is Ronda is coming back soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Irl or in character?

Hope so! Sasha is more than overdue for her mania moment.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Did you see the show about Womens  wrestling? It was called Glitter or something like that. This southern belle girl reminds me of the miss America stereotype from that show.

GLOW (Georgeous Ladies of Wrestling).  It was an actual show in the late 80s.  Watch the Netflix series.  It's pretty solid.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Ohhhhh the one with Alison Brie!?!? Nahhhhh fam. It any good!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

GLOW (Georgeous Ladies of Wrestling).  It was an actual show in the late 80s.  Watch the Netflix series.  It's pretty solid.

Yes that’s the show I was talking about. Seeing a lot of the same archetypes here lol.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ohhhhh the one with Alison Brie!?!? Nahhhhh fam. It any good!?

Worth a watch! 

Just now, Zeek said:

Yes that’s the show I was talking about. Seeing a lot of the same archetypes here lol.

To a point.  Lacey was actually in the military though.  I think they should drop "The Sassy Southern Belle" thing and just make her a legit military ass-kicker who is also a mom.  Would be an amazing role model based on real life.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Worth a watch! 

Watch some old episodes of the real GLOW first on YouTube.  Need to ground yourself in the history before watching the dramatic series.  It will help make more sense of things.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

To a point.  Lacey was actually in the military though.  I think they should drop "The Sassy Southern Belle" thing and just make her a legit military ass-kicker who is also a mom.  Would be an amazing role model based on real life.

Agreed, sometimes I think they revert back to their ass-backwards stereotypes. Makes her seem more like a Brittany Spears dits type.

• Like 1

So I know no one else cares but as a former college wrestler I’d love to see some better pinning combinations. It’s a part of the history but the “pick up one leg and lean” is just a completely goofy looking attempt at keeping someone flag on their back. Maybe if you’re both absolutely gassed...

Bayley retaining seems like the worst possible outcome there...

• Sad 1

• Angry 1

Lol Cena is dead.

McIntyre gonna finally get his championship 

• Haha 1

Holy ish!!!!!! Holy ish!!!!! That was one of theeeeeee best manias in my 30 years!!!!! Freaking incredible!!!!!! Wooooow I was blown away!!!! Never ever expected it to be that freaking good!!!!! Thank you WWE!!!! We all desperately needed this escape!!! Woooooo!!!!!

• Like 1

I've already rewatched the Firefly Funhouse Match.  There were soooo many meta jokes and references for the hard-core fans.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Holy ish!!!!!! Holy ish!!!!! That was one of theeeeeee best manias in my 30 years!!!!! Freaking incredible!!!!!! Wooooow I was blown away!!!! Never ever expected it to be that freaking good!!!!! Thank you WWE!!!! We all desperately needed this escape!!! Woooooo!!!!!

It was fun! I haven't watched a Mania in a hot minute but I enjoyed this one and interacting with other fans on Twitter and with you guys. May have to start tuning in to RAW and Smack Down again.

• Love 1