Woodson doing early work in Mississippi

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

How well Porter opens doors in Louisiana will coincide w/ How well LSU does on the field. LSU has a real chance this year of going 6-6, 3-5 in the SEC, & finishing 4th in the West. All of which could put Coach O's job in jeopardy.

please no!  They might actually hire someone good lol. Hope we bludgeon them of course but that they go 8-4 or 9-3 and he gets another year. They are a jimbo fisher type of hire away from truly unlocking their full potential. If saban never leaves they have 2 or 3 maybe more natties.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Porter really helped us in south florida late in the cycle! He is starting to flex those crutin muscles like we always knew he could!

He also did work around ATL this cycle. He has 3 commits from So. Fla & about to have 3 from near ATL.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Let’s wait until coach Woodson does something other then make offers before we go praising him.  Also coach Porter,  TE was a priority for him this year and for Gus/Chip.  Still haven’t signed a TE.  

Get on the Po train coach. He's going to be responsible for nearly 25% of our class, 5 of which being 4*s.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He also did work around ATL this cycle. He has 3 commits from So. Fla & about to have 3 from near ATL.

WOOO!!! that is BOSS MOVES work on the crutin trail! LOVE ME some coach porter. Hope he stays a long time. Marcus Woodson is going to do for DB recruiting what Crime Dawg was about to do before ole miss threw the bank at him. 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I’m excited about the possibilities but I give credit when credit is due.  I also dish out criticism when it is.  For example LSU this year

Well then give him credit for his 5, soon to be 6, commits for this class. Something you have neglected to do twice now in the past month when GWill & I brought counter facts.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

the sec title game loss was a massive loss and meant SO MUCH. we were 3 wins away from a national title. there was a clear path in place. It totally took the winds out of our sails in recruiting. AND BEFORE E comes in and blurts out RELATIONSHIPS RELATIONSHIPS RELATIONSHIPS I fully believe with those 50/50 battles down the stretch the sec title game tipped the scales in favor of georgia. Especially with Trey Hill.

There were no 50/50 battles though. The SECCG didn't hurt us much recruiting in this class. We didn't lose any kids we were ahead w/ because of it. Trey Hill was going to UGA regardless. For all his faults, Hand did good just to keep AU in that game. The game that hurt the most in terms of expanding the brand nationally was the LSU 20 point Derp. We win that & we go to the playoffs even w/ the SECCG loss. We get our shot at Clemson & I think a motivated AU wins. Then would have been AU-UGA III for all the marbles & anything could have happened at that point.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There were no 50/50 battles though. The SECCG didn't hurt us much recruiting in this class. We didn't lose any kids we were ahead w/ because of it. Trey Hill was going to UGA regardless. For all his faults, Hand did good just to keep AU in that game. The game that hurt the most in terms of expanding the brand nationally was the LSU 20 point Derp. We win that & we go to the playoffs even w/ the SECCG loss. We get our shot at Clemson & I think a motivated AU wins. Then would have been AU-UGA III for all the marbles & anything could have happened at that point.

There were no 50/50 battles FOR YOU but when KN and Wilfong crystal ball trey hill to AU after the first georgia game and say the momentum has swung in our favor and we are trending. I def listen and it gets my attention. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

There were no 50/50 battles FOR YOU but when KN and Wilfong crystal ball trey hill to AU after the first georgia game and say the momentum has swung in our favor and we are trending. I def listen and it gets my attention. 

Yeah but others more connected to AU than Keith & have the same AU info track record had us behind. AUtigers07 on the bunker is damn good w/ AU recruiting info. As good as Keith & much better than the Bunker's Rivals reporter JLee.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yeah but others more connected to AU than Keith & have the same AU info track record had us behind. AUtigers07 on the bunker is damn good w/ AU recruiting info. As good as Keith & much better than the Bunker's Rivals reporter JLee.

lol ain't that the truth. J LEE THINKS WE ARE GETTING EVERYBODY DOWN THE STRETCH! which makes me scared and makes me worried we will strike out more than ever. He is so bad at these things. It is unfortunate because I think he is a heck of a lot more entertaining and more fun than keef. But KN is a lot better at his job.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

How well Porter opens doors in Louisiana will coincide w/ How well LSU does on the field. LSU has a real chance this year of going 6-6, 3-5 in the SEC, & finishing 4th in the West. All of which could put Coach O's job in jeopardy.

I wouldn’t mind that, at all. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

......and wouldn't we all feel so bad for LSU if this happened. Ahhh.  (Sarcasm)!

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol ain't that the truth. J LEE THINKS WE ARE GETTING EVERYBODY DOWN THE STRETCH! which makes me scared and makes me worried we will strike out more than ever. He is so bad at these things. It is unfortunate because I think he is a heck of a lot more entertaining and more fun than keef. But KN is a lot better at his job.

Gwill I think you need a nice deep tissue massage. Not from me of course, but from somebody.:comfort:

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Gwill I think you need a nice deep tissue massage. Not from me of course, but from somebody.:comfort:

Can I at least get a kleenex from you? It is the least you could do.! lol WOOOOOO!!!!! thanks fam. Good looking out. 

Seems to me that the smaller population states , Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana talent pool fluctuates wildly from year to year . Schools in those states have to have a wider recruiting market.

Just my opinion but Smart fell into a good situation in Georgia.  The state has a large number of top-quality athletes. Frankly, that made it pretty easy for him to rack up a top rated recruiting class. And he still did not have to get every top player still have a good class. Both Auburn and Alabama have had to go outside of the state for a large number of players this year and for Auburn at least that is a tougher task. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Seems to me that the smaller population states , Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana talent pool fluctuates wildly from year to year . Schools in those states have to have a wider recruiting market.

Just my opinion but Smart fell into a good situation in Georgia.  The state has a large number of top-quality athletes. Frankly, that made it pretty easy for him to rack up a top rated recruiting class. And he still did not have to get every top player still have a good class. Both Auburn and Alabama have had to go outside of the state for a large number of players this year and for Auburn at least that is a tougher task. 

Louisiana typically doesn't fluctuate much FTR.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I agree that Mississippi has a lower number of blue chippers based on lower population, but I also believe its all about consistent commitment to that area.  Tubs pulled some really good talent there because he made it a big focus. Of course, spending a lot of time in one area, means another area doesn’t get the time it needs. Oddly enough, I don’t think we have spent as much time in-state the past few years. Bama is increasingly recruiting out of state, and it has left a void for some really good in staters. I believe we reversed that trend a little bit this year and pulled some excellent in state talent.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Let’s wait until coach Woodson does something other then make offers before we go praising him.  Also coach Porter,  TE was a priority for him this year and for Gus/Chip.  Still haven’t signed a TE.  

That's on Gus, to my understanding. We had Alaimo if we wanted him and Gus nixed him in favor of other positions that *he* prioritized. 

Edit: Oh, and we took Joiner. :blink:

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's on Gus, to my understanding. We had Alaimo if we wanted him and Gus nixed him in favor of other positions that *he* prioritized. 

Edit: Oh, and we took Joiner. :blink:

Whether we should have grabbed Alaimo or not remains to be seen. If we still have vacancies come February 7th, then maybe we should have picked him up. However, a 3* TE that played against weak competition in New Jersey is someone you'd normally put on hold until things cleared up with better prospects. The guy didn't like being on a waiting list and more power to hm. He's getting a long airplane ride to UCLA, where I hope he prospers.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Whether we should have grabbed Alaimo or not remains to be seen. If we still have vacancies come February 7th, then maybe we should have picked him up. However, a 3* TE that played against weak competition in New Jersey is someone you'd normally put on hold until things cleared up with better prospects. The guy didn't like being on a waiting list and more power to hm. He's getting a long airplane ride to UCLA, where I hope he prospers.

That's all completely fair. No argument here. But he is a highly recruited TE whom we could have signed and for whom Porter was the lead recruiter, which I thought was worth pointing out in response to the notion that Porter somehow failed in recruiting a TE this season. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

FTR that competition in that part of Jersey is anything but weak & has routinely produced some of the best talent in the nation the past 5 years.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FTR that competition in that part of Jersey is anything but weak & has routinely produced some of the best talent in the nation the past 5 years.

I was wondering about that. I'm sure Jersey isn't South Florida, but I thought I'd remembered a few pretty good prospects coming from there.

Isn't Rashan Gary from Jersey?

I'm glad we have somebody working the Eastern seaboard. If I'm not mistaken, Lance Taylor has made himself some money recruiting those mid-Atlantic states and beyond. 

Talking about where the talent is...did a quick scan and count on Rivals 250 for 2018....

Texas 32, Georgia 26 Louisiana7, Alabama 4 , Mississippi 1.

Not like that every year but Alabama was weak....weak....this year....and Mississippi....

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We had Alaimo if we wanted him and Gus nixed him in favor of other positions that *he* prioritized

I so hope that means we sign Walker and we held that offer for him.  :cool:

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well then give him credit for his 5, soon to be 6, commits for this class. Something you have neglected to do twice now in the past month when GWill & I brought counter facts.

I’ve turned over a new leaf I’m gonna try to get into sparring matches.  But the counter to your facts is he is a position coach as well and he hasn’t signed a player for his position.  I’m sure some will say Gus said no to Alimo but no one knows that... and as a position coach it’s your job to find a TE the head guy wants.  

Archived