Here is hoping we don't crash & burn since ENSD

AUIH1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Actually he really did and it was pretty well documented. I will not post it since it is pretty serious stuff but just google it. He was only  a young kid at the time though.

Him accidentally shooting his brother years ago had nothing to do w/ him not being a fit w/ AU.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That really makes me uncomfortable.  You are the leader and this kind of thing catches you by surprise is a bit disconcerting.  It's not like you are a commander at the WWII Division level...

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus was surprised.

Hey I don’t know if you guys realize this but the reason we were going after a true TE in this class was because Chandler Cox will be graduating after next season and Chip Lindsey wants to step away from the FB position and begin using a true TE. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Him accidentally shooting his brother years ago had nothing to do w/ him not being a fit w/ AU.

I know it did not. But the poster acted like what happened long ago did not happen. I was not saying it was why he did not end up at AU. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Gus told Herb to look around even before the bowl game.

Not what I'm told. If that is the case and he had time to look for a replacement and got Grimes, then I'm about to get upset again. But I'm told Gus was very surprised. Gus might be saying publicly he wasn't and that is very understandable. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Hey I don’t know if you guys realize this but the reason we were going after a true TE in this class was because Chandler Cox will be graduating after next season and Chip Lindsey wants to step away from the FB position and begin using a true TE. 

I wanted that guy to be Luke Ford. I will not accept anyone else lol.

1 minute ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

That really makes me uncomfortable.  You are the leader and this kind of thing catches you by surprise is a bit disconcerting.  It's not like you are a commander at the WWII Division level...

I'm not Gus fan boy but not sure you can fault Gus on that. Hiring Grimes is a Gus problem. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Partily incorrect. He wants to move a away from both a FB & TE to HB types that can catch as well as block in space from the back field.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm not Gus fan boy but not sure you can fault Gus on that. Hiring Grimes is a Gus problem. 

I think Grimes will be a band-aid to get us through and over the lack of OL development by Hand. 

If we would of hired Brad Davis it def could of got us Richard G and Barnes or at least 1 of those guys.

Not what I'm told. If that is the case and he had time to look for a replacement and got Grimes, then I'm about to get upset again. But I'm told Gus was very surprised. Gus might be saying publicly he wasn't and that is very understandable. 

By multiple accounts Chip was hard after JB when it was decided for Herb to move on, even slamming his fist on Gus's desk about it. Probably had a big part in Gus taking Grimes.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I understand where you are coming from, but as a leader (Manager, CEO, etc), you need to be on top of what is going on, ready to give help where it is needed.  

Not being there says that Herb dropped the ball, and Gus didn't step in to help put him back on track.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I think Grimes will be a band-aid to get us through and over the lack of OL development by Hand. 

Grimes will be here for 3 years and be run off again because he can't recruit and the OL will be just like he left it a couple years ago. The OL will be good/ok next year but recruiting will suffer......................... rinse and repeat part 2. 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Partily incorrect. He wants to move a away from both a FB & TE to HB types that can catch as well as block in space from the back field.

So I guess thats where Joiner comes in.

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Trust me, im very aware what happened. 

Anyhow, like I was saying, the TE/FB, or lack there of is a bit concerning at this point.  I keep hearing how Chip likes to use a TE hybrid rather than a FB, but where is this 4* TE? Its not happening this class, and it didn't happen last class. Whats the plan?

Nobody said it had to be a 4*. As for the plan it was executed in part w/ Harold Joiner. The other part was Matt Alaimo til Gus vetoed it a few weeks ago when it looked like we were in a good spot to get other targets at other positions.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Grimes will be here for 3 years and be run off again because he can't recruit and the OL will be just like he left it a couple years ago. The OL will be good/ok next year but recruiting will suffer......................... rinse and repeat part 2. 

It's too bad that guys like Porter especially, or T-Will can't do the recruiting for him.

I'm sorry to be a sarcastic ass but we do have potential solutions available.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

By multiple accounts Chip was hard after JB when it was decided for Herb to move on, even slamming his fist on Gus's desk about it. Probably had a big part in Gus taking Grimes.

Got to love this. 

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Joiner will be that. It’s basically the exact same thing as a TE except he might carry the ball sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's too bad that guys like Porter especially, or T-Will can't do the recruiting for him.

I'm sorry to be a sarcastic ass but we do have potential solutions available.

Those two aren't solutions. Both are stretched thin as it is. Plus CRG wanting to step back his efforts.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Joiner will be that. It’s basically the exact same thing as a TE except he might carry the ball sometimes. 

If he can make it to AU. He has a lot of work to do in the classroom. 

Archived