Men vs. Florida

WarTiger

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to lose. But I absolutely have no tolerance for losing to lesser teams when you spoon feed it to them with turnovers. Once again, dug our own grave in the first half. What the frick does Bruce have to do to get these guys to show up at the tip these days??????

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

this is one that should not have been a loss.....poorly played 1st half with the turnovers, looking to shoot rather than to pass.....defensive lapses in 2nd half.....its gonna' be tough to win the league now

Huh?  We need to win one game out of the last two or have UT drop one and we're, at worst, co-champs.  That's really not asking a lot, especially considering we have a home game left and that UT plays at MSU this week.  MSU has only lost one home game all year.....to us.

Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer here but Bruce has got to get these kids ready for the tournament. We’ll get pummeled if we don’t.

“Struggle city” to 24 points and a half court shot. Just wasn’t our night, but we did it to ourselves. UF is not the better overall team when looking at the body of work

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Nah

i don’t know????  i say that only because there is NO WAY the gayturds will hit 15 three’s next game.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

We do that in football too. 

Which is what is so internally frustrating about AU athletics. Will say, I’m proud of this team and coaching staff this year tho (in b-ball)

Auburn falling behind early in games is their problem.  They can't keep falling down by double digits and expect to pull out wins at the end every night.  They have to get out to leads and hold onto them or they won't last long in the tourney.  They have a lot of talent but its rarely on display for 40 minutes.  

Florida couldn't buy a win coming in to this game and Auburn let them off the hook with Ill advised shot selection,  fouls and turnovers galore. 

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Auburn falling behind early in games is their problem.  They can't keep falling down by double digits and expect to pull out wins at the end.  They have to get out to leads and hold onto them or they won't last long in the tourney.  They have a lot of talent but its rarely on display for 40 minutes. 

Especially on the road, we’ve fallen behind in our last two road games 

14 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

34.8%. 

Thanks...did not look that good...

17 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I hate to lose. But I absolutely have no tolerance for losing to lesser teams when you spoon feed it to them with turnovers. Once again, dug our own grave in the first half. What the frick does Bruce have to do to get these guys to show up at the tip these days??????

Play at home?  :dunno:

13 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

It is folly to expect Auburn or any team to be at their best every night. Especially 3 days after beating bamr.

You have to play well enough to beat mid level teams in your conference if you want to win championships....gonna have 3 or 4 games in 4 days pretty soon.....that can't be an excuse.

What a joke that ridiculous, inexplicable, one of the most luckiest shots I have ever seen actually made a difference in the game tonight. This one hurt I fully expected us to end the losing streak at the O dome. This was our best chance for awhile. This florida team is meh and has been going backwards. We gave that game to them. They did not take it from us.

It seems like in our losses we 1) play incredibly sloppy in the first half and 2) the other team has one player that hasn’t done anything special in the games leading up to ours but goes out of his mind shooting the ball when he plays us.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

It seems like in our losses we 1) play incredibly sloppy in the first half and 2) the other team has one player that hasn’t done anything special in the games leading up to ours but goes out of his mind shooting the ball when he plays us.

Just life on the road. Like John Petty when we played at bama. 27 points at their place and a phantom 3 at the end of the game the other night for his own points at our house.

Lol, all that this team has been through with the investigations, the injuries, and its complain complain complain. These kids are pushing the limits physically and emotionally right now I bet.

Man I would of hated having you guys as parents when I was playing travel ball. Imagine after a sluggish game one, you guys sitting in the restaurant at the hotel, omg we suck, we are doomed, blah blah blah. Would of been amazing for the moral on the days when you had 2 hour turn around with 3 games left to play that day to move on. Just what I would of wanted to hear after Game One that started at 6am.

We played about as poorly as we have all season and still bad a chance to win this at the end on the road. We are gonna be alright just gotta refocus! 

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol, all that this team has been through with the investigations, the injuries, and its complain complain complain. These kids are pushing the limits physically and emotionally right now I bet.

Man I would of hated having you guys as parents when I was playing travel ball. Imagine after a sluggish game one, you guys sitting in the restaurant at the hotel, omg we suck, we are doomed, blah blah blah. Would of been amazing for the moral on the days when you had 2 hour turn around with 3 games left to play that day to move on. Just what I would of wanted to hear after Game One that started at 6am.

This is a great sign. The basketball posts last year were filled with apathy. You want these raw emotional posts where it hurts like hell when we lose. It is exactly like a football post. First time in awhile where we are playing meaningful basketball games this late in the year. We are playing for a championship. Of course we are going to be MAD AF at the chance to at least get a share of it. I expect that kind of reaction when we lose a game we should of won to clinch a share of the sec title.... IN BASKETBALL!!! We are the better basketball team. That is why we are so upset.

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Are they though?   Physically and emotionally,  they should have mopped the floor with these scrubs.  Don't let that Florida nostalgia fool you,  they stink this year! 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We played about as poorly as we have all season and still bad a chance to win this at the end on the road. We are gonna be alright just gotta refocus! 

Makes you wonder what happens when they play poorly and step out of conference. 

Archived