Trump Backpedals on ZTE

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Crap...I asked a serous question and this is how you reply. ?    "come on man you are better than that"   :-\   well , I guess not....

Not sure what you are referring to with "a serious question" as there was not a question in that post.  But this is delusional nonsense:  

At least there is evidence regarding HC whereas the DT obsession has folks like you jumping at every ridiculous  rumor or tale....hoping it is true.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

China Approves 5 New Trademarks For Ivanka Trump Business As President Forges ZTE Deal

The trademark approvals raise new concerns about potential Trump family conflicts of interest.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ivanka-gets-5-china-trademarks-as-president-works-zte-deal_us_5b0a07eee4b0568a880c0a0d

Also, from the same source:

Meanwhile, some 72 hours before his tweet about ZTE, China quietly agreed to loan $500 million to an Indonesian theme park project in which the president is a partner. Chinese banks agreed to loan an additional $500 million to the project.

The non-profit Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, D.C., said the trademark deal again raises concerns about the Trump family’s international businesses and potential conflicts of interest.

As a White House adviser, Ivanka has represented the United States at multiple diplomatic events despite the potential conflicts her business interests present,” CREW said in a statement.

Most corrupt president in history, and that's saying a lot.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Not sure what you are referring to with "a serious question" as there was not a question in that post.  But this is delusional nonsense:  

At least there is evidence regarding HC whereas the DT obsession has folks like you jumping at every ridiculous  rumor or tale....hoping it is true.

IT contained an implied question....about US companies and ZTE... but I guess it was too subtle......if you have nothing meaningful to offer it's best you just go back to your nap or whatever.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:54 AM, TitanTiger said:

Opposing a push or even a public suggestion for the US to relax restrictions on ZTE (and Huawei) can't be blown out of proportion.  It's monumentally stupid and should be vehemently labeled as such.  It reveals either stunning ignorance or stunning hubris in the one who does so.  Neither of which are qualities one wants in a president.

Hell, it's traitorous.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

IT contained an implied question....about US companies and ZTE... but I guess it was too subtle......if you have nothing meaningful to offer it's best you just go back to your nap or whatever.

Don't throw that weak BS at me.  This is a written forum. :-\

Here's what you wrote:  

Soon as dems  admit what she is and apologize for making her their candidate...and for voting for her. That is where the rotted brains are found.

So what's the "implied question"?  

Here they are ...the traitors... Wonder where all these companies are located..   California?   Sounds like American companies were losing jobs....

Under terms of the ban, U.S. companies cannot export prohibited goods, such as chip sets, directly to ZTE or via another country, beginning immediately.

Shares of big U.S. ZTE suppliers fell sharply on the Commerce ban. Optical networking equipment maker Acacia Communications, which got 30 percent of its total 2017 revenue from ZTE, tumbled 35 percent, hitting a near two-year low. Acacia said it was suspending affected transactions and assessing the impact.

Shares of optical component companies including Lumentum Holdings fell 8.9 percent and Finisar dropped 4 percent. Oclaro, which got 18 percent of its fiscal 2017 revenue from ZTE, lost 14.1 percent.

49 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Here they are ...the traitors... Wonder where all these companies are located..   California?   Sounds like American companies were losing jobs....

Under terms of the ban, U.S. companies cannot export prohibited goods, such as chip sets, directly to ZTE or via another country, beginning immediately.

Shares of big U.S. ZTE suppliers fell sharply on the Commerce ban. Optical networking equipment maker Acacia Communications, which got 30 percent of its total 2017 revenue from ZTE, tumbled 35 percent, hitting a near two-year low. Acacia said it was suspending affected transactions and assessing the impact.

Shares of optical component companies including Lumentum Holdings fell 8.9 percent and Finisar dropped 4 percent. Oclaro, which got 18 percent of its fiscal 2017 revenue from ZTE, lost 14.1 percent.

At this point, I think it would be best if you just stop speaking on issues you know nothing about.  There are people with access to classified information that know things about Huawei, ZTE and their products that you don't and that the author of your links don't.  This isn't some trade war bickering going on here, it is a national security issue.  Sorry, but jobs and the investments of certain businessmen don't trump that.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

At this point, I think it would be best if you just stop speaking on issues you know nothing about.  There are people with access to classified information that know things about Huawei, ZTE and their products that you don't and that the author of your links don't.  This isn't some trade war bickering going on here, it is a national security issue.  Sorry, but jobs and the investments of certain businessmen don't trump that.

I accept there is a lot I don't know about this....including how and why US  companies were allowed to sell what sounds like missile or guided bomb components to China and Iran ....which seems to have been going on a while.

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I accept there is a lot I don't know about this....including how and why US  companies were allowed to sell what sounds like missile or guided bomb components to China and Iran ....which seems to have been going on a while.

Sounds like an excellent subject for a thread of its own.  Feel free to start one.

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Sounds like an excellent subject for a thread of its own.  Feel free to start one.

Don't know enough to even pose a reasonable question on the matter....but sounds like maybe you do.  You have strong feelings on the issue...more than just the political stuff which is where everything goes on this site of course.

Archived