Baseball vs Ole Miss Part 2 (SEC Tourney)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Duke lost to Louisville today, though, so stuff is happening....

Yea, they mentioned that.  The problem there is more dark horses are creeping into the picture and Auburn's 12 RPI isnt leaps and bounds other contenders like it was earlier.  Auburn will settle in at 12-13 and be paired against these conference champs at 16/17/18 in the discussion.  Only silver lining is I haven't seen hardly a prediction at all that sends us to Tallahassee.  Lots of Greenville/Clemson predictions so there's a change of scenery at least...

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Anthony doesn't look comfortable at first. 

He looks MUCH more comfortable than Venter ever did lol

What is super frustrating about today is we are getting flat fastballs, not a slew of curveballs, and we still can’t hit. I hope Gabe figures out this all or nothing hitting approach before next season. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

What is super frustrating about today is we are getting flat fastballs, not a slew of curveballs, and we still can’t hit. I hope Gabe figures out this all or nothing hitting approach before next season. 

Gabe has been working his tail off.....but some of these younger hitters seem to have some bad habits that they haven't broken yet. 

15 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Yea, they mentioned that.  The problem there is more dark horses are creeping into the picture and Auburn's 12 RPI isnt leaps and bounds other contenders like it was earlier.  Auburn will settle in at 12-13 and be paired against these conference champs at 16/17/18 in the discussion.  Only silver lining is I haven't seen hardly a prediction at all that sends us to Tallahassee.  Lots of Greenville/Clemson predictions so there's a change of scenery at least...

You’ve also got to consider some of the public image factors. For one, it helps us that we’ve got a guy named Casey Mize pitching. That will be a hot topic in the broadcast, and they’ll want to see him pitch well. 

For another, Auburn has a bit better facilities than some of these other teams. In other words, a lower-tier team like that will have to be head and shoulders above Auburn to get the nod IMO

Welby in to finish off the 9th.

Edit: Welby gets two outs and has a guy on second.  Coker will come in for the last out

.@VandyBaseball HC Tim Corbin on the #SEC: “It just sucks right now. You have to just take a deep breath right now and say let’s get the hell out of this conference (and ready for regionals). It’s tough. We’re just ready to move on to something else."

^^ About that time of night to refer to Corbin's comments after getting bounced on Tuesday lol. ?

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

well well dislike Ole Miss coach but he did recruit one of our best friends sons from central Fl. He recruits Fl heavy

No 'buts' allowed here right now, Golf! I'm in full steaming mad/grab the pitchforks mode.  Retreat back to your recliner to your unopened Natty Lights while I sit here and pout!

33 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We just look incompetent at the plate right now. What is with these guys? They’re either red hot or ice cold- no in between 

Not to be melodramatic but IMHO Auburn athletics in general is always either dizzying heights or the depths of despair  - nothing in between. (A variation I guess of de Gaulle's opinion about France?).

Anderson gets the K.  Headed B9, Ole Miss leads 7-0.  Stidham really needs to find NCM down the sideline here.

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not to be melodramatic but IMHO Auburn athletics in general is always either dizzying heights or the depths of despair  - nothing in between. (A variation I guess of de Gaulle's opinion about France?).

Never in my life did I think I would read that in any Auburn sports thread................................................nice pull

Archived