2018 Fall Camp - Scrimmage 1

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

5 wide, 2 minutes offense. JS flourishes in that. I am not saying all the time but it would be nice to see.

Yes exactly. I know what you mean but you know how getting stuff that would really benefit us into the gameplan is a problem.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear all of Ashley’s tests came back negative.  

Sounds like a pretty encouraging scrimmage.  Leaders stepping up, big plays made by both sides, and hungry freshmen making an impact early.   Gotta like it!

I know when there is a scrimmage....we all want the offense to be clicking---backs scoring TD's every time---receivers making a lot of TD catches---no turnovers---then on the other side of the LOS...we want our defense to sack the QB every play---stop the back behind the line---intercept every pass thrown---cause a lot of fumbles....in other words we want them playing at mid-season form.....

But I'll say the news we heard today was VERY positive for both...usually the first scrimmage of the season (spring too) the defense is in control, sounds like that wasn't the situation for this scrimmage.... 

Seems like Boobees getting positive reviews all the time. Does anyone know if there’s a good chance that he passes Kam Martin before the Washington game?

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Seems like Boobees getting positive reviews all the time. Does anyone know if there’s a good chance that he passes Kam Martin before the Washington game?

I have zero intel but just off of what I continue to read I really think Boobie will be our guy before it’s all said and done. 

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not happening

13 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I have zero intel but just off of what I continue to read I really think Boobie will be our guy before it’s all said and done. 

Do you skip over the parts about KMart?

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

My guess is Asa Martin will be the guy to pass K-mart, if anyone does. Not before the Washington game, maybe not this season.

31 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I know when there is a scrimmage....we all want the offense to be clicking---backs scoring TD's every time---receivers making a lot of TD catches---no turnovers---then on the other side of the LOS...we want our defense to sack the QB every play---stop the back behind the line---intercept every pass thrown---cause a lot of fumbles....in other words we want them playing at mid-season form.....

But I'll say the news we heard today was VERY positive for both...usually the first scrimmage of the season (spring too) the defense is in control, sounds like that wasn't the situation for this scrimmage.... 

The perfect play:

The ball is hiked, Marlon Davidson comes around the corner and sacks Stidham as he throws the ball.  Using his speed Slayton comes back to the ball for a completion.  Three steps later Javaris Davis strips the ball for a turnover.  Freshmen Shivers runs down Javaris and takes the ball back.  The offensive line makes good down-field blocks for a touch down.

I think I covered it all...

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you skip over the parts about KMart?

My “before it’s all said and done” wasn’t in reference to him pulling ahead of KMart before the Washington game. I just meant in general I think he will be a go to guy for Auburn. KMart will definitely start the Washington game and probably most games after that. 

On Stidham's interview @ 8:03, while acrediting Sal Cannela, is he inadvertently assuring us that the offense will indeed be a whole different animal? Thanks.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is anyone else concerned that our D gave up a 60-70 yard TD off a slant?  The slant pass has killed us in the past.  I hope this is not an ongoing thing.

I know it is too early to complain.  I am just saying this is something that has given us fits in the past.

Not me.  It was probably against the 3rd team.

Oh wait....then that means it wasn't very impressive.

But....uh... nevermind.

It's so hard to know who to pull for when it's Auburn vs Auburn.  AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I really hope we see some 5 wide sets

We're gonna run the ooopty-oop baby!  All hail the genius of Jonathan Moxon!

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Extremely doubtful. He may even have some work to do to pass Asa by the start of the season. I like what we’ve seen of Boobee, but I think he also has the most to work on of the three RBs in contention for PT, mainly because he’s the guy with the least experience at the position and things like pass protection have been a little more of a struggle for him than the other two. 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m very interested to see a NCM-Slayton-Schwartz-Davis-whoever lineup 

every area of the field, short, outside, middle, deep will be attacked 

Don’t forget about Matthew hill 

Archived