Where do you stand with Gus?

auburnphan

Where are you at with Gus?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Our base seems to be divided on Gus and the offense. Where do you stand?

• Get rid of Gus he is in over his head
    • Gus is doing a good job, but we need a dual threat QB to run his offense
    • Gus is doing a good job, but we will never get to the next level running his offense and a new offense is needed
    • Everything is perfect as is

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the above.

He, staff & team are doing a poor job right now and like most coaches of top programs, Gus looks as arguably inept to the outsider now as he did arguably competent just 6 weeks ago (post UW, UGa phase 1, Bama etc).   

At the moment it would be in Auburn's best interest for Gus to be successful

I would hope everyone would want him to be. There is immense pressure on him as it should be.

We have to get out of our own way.

Reality is Gus is unprepared, naïve maybe, unable to adjust, uninspiring.

A good man, husband and father but he vastly underestimates the opponent and their coaching capabilities.

He reminds me of Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang, very intelligent but can't quite fit or understand what's outside his inner circle.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:33 AM, 80Tiger said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but this thread is useless. Gus is the coach for another 3 or 4 years at a minimum. 

I think 2 years maximum for Gus. If he goes 6-6 next year or worse, the buyout will have gone down by 14 million, bringing it down to 18 million. We could pay him a little over 4 million per year over a 4 year period. Bring in Dave Aranda for 4 million a year leaving us a 7 million payout what is what we are paying him now.

Remember, a coaches salary is paid from different sources such as over-under contract and other sources and not just a 7 million dollar bill that the university is totally responsible for.  I would like to see all of the sources that generate Gus' salary and assistants. There are ways of buying him out that many of us do not understand including me. It is not a one time pay him the all amount, but one that can be spread out over time to successfully absorb the cost and still be able to pay for a new coach.

If anyone out their such as moderators, Ellitor, Corchjay, stat tiger, and others who have a better understanding of how the coaches salary is paid and from what sources.

Archived