GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Do you disagree? Kam Martin was solely responsible for 2 consecutive pressures. And it was due to his lack of bulk and inability to anchor. The defense was obviously targeted him on the second one and Gus responded appropriately by pulling him. 

So what's your reasoning for the multiple double A gap blitzes? They must be targeting something right?  Must be that OLine that is doing such a fine job.

4 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Do you disagree? Kam Martin was solely responsible for 2 consecutive pressures. And it was due to his lack of bulk and inability to anchor. The defense was obviously targeted him on the second one and Gus responded appropriately by pulling him. 

Kam maybe small but at least he runs hard this offensive line is horrible. They do not have a clue of what their assignments are from play to play.

Please I just want this game to end... and for us to find a new o line and a run game...

4 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

My question is if you want a big back then why not play Harold Joiner.

Never said that. Just an observation that players with small frames in high school struggle to develop enough physically to become reliable contributors. 

Folks...I love everyone....Gus lovers, Gus dislikers, Gus haters...but regardless of what you think the problem/problems are...this is not a top 10 football team right now...and in year 6, there really is no excuse for this. Whether its a scheme issue, a practice issue, an OC issue, a recruiting issue or an internal strife issue...the buck stops with one man. I know some of you think I’m just out to get Gus and want to see him fail...NOTHING could be further from the truth. I want him to succeed and shut me up...but folks, if major changes aren’t made it ain’t happening. And if he gets 9 wins out of this team, it will say more about the SEC than it will Gus...now, please Gus, make me regret this post...

Just now, tbone1430 said:

Please I just want this game to end... and for us to find a new o line and a run game...

Replace the Guards with their backups and find a new OL coach who can actually recruit. 

1 minute ago, Tigercj said:

Kam maybe small but at least he runs hard this offensive line is horrible. They do not have a clue of what their assignments are from play to play.

No, no... they're fine. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

No one going to say that Stidham underthrew Slayton there?

lol War Eagle 

Yep.. slayton had to wait but he caught it.. better than an overthrow where he has no chance 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Folks...I love everyone....Gus lovers, Gus dislikers, Gus haters...but regardless of what you think the problem/problems are...this is not a top 10 football team right now...and in year 6, there really is no excuse for this. Whether its a scheme issue, a practice issue, an OC issue, a recruiting issue or an internal strife issue...the buck stops with one man. I know some of you think I’m just out to get Gus and want to see him fail...NOTHING could be further from the truth. I want him to succeed and shut me up...but folks, if major changes aren’t made it ain’t happening. And if he gets 9 wins out of this team, it will say more about the SEC than it will Gus...now, please Gus, make me regret this post...

A winning season isn’t guarenteed I’ll say that much

1 minute ago, Tigercj said:

Oline will become only more experienced. Kam Martin will always have a small frame. 

Just now, AuMarine said:

Yep.. slayton had to wait but he caught it.. better than an overthrow where he has no chance 

Agreed, I’ve been harping for weeks he has to get his timing down with them. The more I wstch LSU the more frustrating it is we didn’t beat them and beat them by a big margin.

2 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Is the game still not on DTV??

It’s not a solution for the current situation but I cut the cord and got a 300mbps WiFi signal and have streamed all season. I’m streaming via a Roku and ESPN app now with a great signal. If you can, you might check into that as an option. 

Thats a terrific call.  Offense is responsible for avoid the defense on that.  That was completely on the offensive player.  Great call.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So what's your reasoning for the multiple double A gap blitzes? They must be targeting something right?  Must be that OLine that is doing such a fine job.

More blitzes than blockers. Kam did his job picked up the free man ... horribly of course. Because he is too small. 

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

It’s not a solution for the current situation but I cut the cord and got a 300mbps WiFi signal and have streamed all season. I’m streaming via a Roku and ESPN app now with a great signal. If you can, you might check into that as an option. 

Is the SEC network games always on the ESPN app? If they are, I am spending $35 for nothiing.

Archived