Good place to watch the game in AU with family?

madkat7

Not sure if this is the correct place but here goes... I'll be in Auburn this weekend with the family and am looking for a fun establishment to watch the game. Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, madkat7 said:

Not sure if this is the correct place but here goes... I'll be in Auburn this weekend with the family and am looking for a fun establishment to watch the game. Any recommendations?

I wish I could help you but the only thing I can say is I hope your family has fun. If you have young ones I'd buy them earplugs. I'm not the cussing type but if I was to be persuaded it would be our offense that did it. Good luck. Safe travels.  

My kids are older so cussing isn't a huge issue. (I'm also their father so they've heard a few explatives?). I'm just looking for a place that has a good atmosphere on away gamedays with reasonably priced food and beverage. 

2 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

My kids are older so cussing isn't a huge issue. (I'm also their father so they've heard a few explatives?). I'm just looking for a place that has a good atmosphere on away gamedays with reasonably priced food and beverage. 

Bob’s Victory Grille by Exit 57 will have the game on several screens. It is a restaurant with beverages, but definitely more of a restaurant than bar if that’s the environment you are looking for.

Buffalo Wild Wings is always a "decent" option, especially if you want to watch more than just the Auburn game. :)

TY for tall the responses. Maybe I'll see you folks around. I'll be the one wearing the Auburn stuff! :party:

On 10/1/2018 at 2:09 PM, all4AU said:

Bob’s Victory Grille by Exit 57 will have the game on several screens. It is a restaurant with beverages, but definitely more of a restaurant than bar if that’s the environment you are looking for.

Absolutely.  Support a UA Booster owned establishment instead of one owned by good AU people. 

On 10/1/2018 at 3:03 PM, Linayus said:

Buffalo Wild Wings is always a "decent" option, especially if you want to watch more than just the Auburn game. :)

As most who enjoy well played football will be wont to do.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Bird loves to wear tighty Whiteys. Don’t go to his house 

Jokes on you...I don't wear any!

On 10/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, madkat7 said:

When you are in Auburn go to Auburn. Downtown at Moes is the choice of many young and older locals. If you choose to get out and move a little you are never far from a television and right there to watch or participate in rolling Toomers after we win. 

Jordan Hare should play the game on the AubieTron and let people watch on the field with lawn chairs and serve them popcorn and beer.

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Jordan Hare should play the game on the AubieTron and let people watch on the field with lawn chairs and serve them popcorn and beer.

They should have a screen on the backside of aubietron so people could watch outside 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They should have a screen on the backside of aubietron so people could watch outside 

Maybe that's why they haven't covered up the back yet

:jossun:

Just now, Zeek said:

Maybe that's why they haven't covered up the back yet

:jossun:

JJ the forward thinking man!

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Was in Starkville last weekend for the UF game. Their stadium is open enough on the ends to see the jumbotron. Unbelievable how many people were able to sit it there in lawn chairs and watch the game. We have some friends that just go to tailgate and watch the game that way. Basically the same as season tickets on the 50 yd line and it costs nothing. 

Bob's Victory Grill next to Academy Sports is always a good time. Not sure if Halftime is still open downtown, but they always had the game on the big projector screen, and you're walking distance to Toomers Corner for rolling the trees.

19 hours ago, Zeek said:

Lots and lots of beer....

As a couple have said Baumhowers (used to be bobs victory grill) off exit 57 near Sams Club. Also, Wild Wing Cafe near the movie theater in Tiger Town off exit 58. Buffalo Wild Wings is also in Tiger Town near the Home Depot.

I just found this that could tell you better than I could: 

Check out downtown Opelika
Downtown Opelika is just 9 miles from downtown Auburn. Enjoy a stroll through the historic district. Grab dinner at Zazu Gastropub or Cafe 123. Enjoy a local craft beer at Red Clay Brewery or have a cocktail at John Emerald Distilling Company. This small batch distillery produces gin, vodka, single malt whiskey, run and spiced rum. Shop for gameday dresses at Studio 3:19 and gifts at Southern Crossing and The Gallery. Downtown Opelika is a great place to hang out the night before the game or Sunday afternoon before you hit the road.

O'town icecream is pricey but will be open 11am to 9 on saturday in the opelika downtown area too if you go that route.

Opelika is working on cleaning up the downtown area and they have made great strides over the past several years. They still have some big plans in the works with some unique housing that is about to get underway from what I've heard.

With all that said Id expect downtown Auburn to be more lively on game day. 

On 10/1/2018 at 3:09 PM, all4AU said:

You know “Bob” is “Bob Bomhower” an Alabama booster. Please don’t support this business.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You know “Bob” is “Bob Bomhower” an Alabama booster. Please don’t support this business.

Even though that's where we host Tiger Talk each week? The man might be a booster but it's not like he's gaining insider knowledge on our program from people frequenting his establishments.

43 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Even though that's where we host Tiger Talk each week? The man might be a booster but it's not like he's gaining insider knowledge on our program from people frequenting his establishments.

Your money goes to Bob Bombhower, his money goes to West Vance.... get it?

Archived