Can we...

musicitytiger

20 minutes ago, selias said:

I think Chip would welcome a pink slip right now. This is nothing like his offense and he'd have his lifeboat off the Titanic

Poor guy. Like Stidham, he has made a very poor career choice.

22 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How do you know this?

He considered leaving at the end of last season. He clearly made a mistake

When the bus, plane, whichever, arrives back in Auburn, Gus should not be given a ride back to the fieldhouse. Maybe shouldn't even let him leave Starkville....

1 hour ago, selias said:

I think Chip would welcome a pink slip right now. This is nothing like his offense and he'd have his lifeboat off the Titanic

Out of likes but 

downloadfile.jpeg

2 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

You guys remember the good ole days when H. Nall was our OC? 😂

Half of NallsMinger beat us at home.  Let that sink in.

Oh yeah, and lost to a Florida team that lost to a Kentucky team for the first time in 31 years.

Let that sink in.

No doubt.

Unfortunately we got played for Gus extension last year so economically he is probably here for two more years. But if this season plays out like most of us think, then Chip, Grimes and Horton all should move on. Horton has been wanting to leave for a couple of years and Chip and Grimes have done terrible jobs.

Long post but wanted to put my thoughts in writing: 

The game was almost scripted tonight. You could tell after the first two drives the Auburn offense was clueless. They picked it up just a tad in the 2nd half, but they get in the red zone and it you could be 100% certain they weren’t gonna score a TD on that drive in the 4th quarter. There was no way. And what did we do? We run three pass plays in a row from the 6. Awful. Just awful.

I’ve been very lenient with CGM and tried to give him some time to grow, but he doesn’t win these games. It was almost a sure thing after those first two drives we were done if Miss St scored more than about 10 points. CGM seems to be the common denominator among these past 3 or 4 years when this team has pissed away these opportunities to really help themselves out. He doesn’t learn, he doesn’t adapt, he doesn’t do anything different- and the small amount of times he does do something different, he does it once, then reverts to the old way! 

Great example is the qb sneak we ran tonight. I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for that and I was ecstatic he finally ran it. But the next third down and 1, we put our smallest back in the backfield to run the wildcat, and although it was a bad snap, Miss St read it like a book. 

Malzahn seems to be too stubborn. I love coaches to be stubborn to a point, because you can’t abandon something the first time it’s not working, but this offense has not improved since day 1 AT ALL. That comes down to TERRIBLE coaching! They’re not setting these guys up for any success! State will win 7 or 8 games this season, but by no means should the talent they have Vs the talent we have produce a win for them. The only place they had us beat was the D-Line vs our o-line matchup. D played well, but a sorry offensive performance plagued us yet again. We go absolutely anemic on offense, and we’ve done it for a few years. Malzahn’s leash is getting a lot shorter for me. I would like to see him and Freeze running the offense, because i think Freeze would know how to call it. Lindsey was good for a few games last season, but those anemic moments certainly were not absent. I’m getting really tired of this bad feeling that we’re gonna lose a game, not because the other team beat us, but because we couldn’t even be an average college football team on one side of the ball, supposedly the side malzahn knows best. 

I still don’t know if I’m ready to say fire Malzahn, but this is just another step towards it. This stupid coach speak that we hear every week.... I’m just tired of it. I know fans can backseat coach all they want and it shouldn’t affect the coach, but it seems like when fans have been calling for something, and then he tries it, it tends to work. I.e. the quarterback sneak...... The answer just seems fairly clear to everyone but the coaches sometimes, and I think that was drives me up a wall most. I really think the fine details of this team are worked on a lot, but these coaches get so in the weeds about stuff that they lose sight of the ultimate goal. 

I’ve taken another step towards the Fire Gus Bus. I wasn’t in favor of the contract. I thought he hadn’t proved anything yet and we needed to see consistency before giving him that big of a contract. Maybe it’s not him, maybe Lindsey is a little in over his head, but the common denominator seems to be Malzahn. Again, I can’t say that for certain, but I don’t know who else to blame. It seems like we get beat by doing the same thing in these types of games- not even being average. We could win most of these games by being just that- average!! 

I’m not sure what I really want right now other than for it to be basketball season. This Auburn football team makes the same mistakes week in and week out. They don’t get any better at play calling or at execution and at some point, I blame the coaches for the culture. Recruiting has been great. Why haven’t results followed? 

I’m running out of patience quickly. 

25 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Unfortunately we got played for Gus extension last year so economically he is probably here for two more years. But if this season plays out like most of us think, then Chip, Grimes and Horton all should move on. Horton has been wanting to leave for a couple of years and Chip and Grimes have done terrible jobs.

Wouldn’t be so quick to blame Grimes. Hand is a good recruiter, but he’s been a bad coach everywhere. It was obvious our backups last year that are now starters were not well coached last season. We do see flashes, and I think those are thanks to Grimes. I really didn’t like the Hand hire and I think that’s what has set us back a tad. 

I totally agree on Lindsey though. He had two good games last season that allowed AU two great wins, but he absolutely had no plan in the SEC Champ game or in the peach bowl against a defense that was inferior. I don’t care that they had that one -armed Griffin monster, we were bigger, faster, and more talented, and we had absolutely no answer for any adjustments that defense made. I’d love to see Freeze come in to run the offense. I think he runs the offense better than Gus. 

9 hours ago, saminbama said:

I know we can't fire Gus, but can the AD demand that Gus clean house on the offensive staff?

No one would come work for him unless he hires his old staff from Springdale High. 

On 10/7/2018 at 2:03 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Long post but wanted to put my thoughts in writing: 

The game was almost scripted tonight. You could tell after the first two drives the Auburn offense was clueless. They picked it up just a tad in the 2nd half, but they get in the red zone and it you could be 100% certain they weren’t gonna score a TD on that drive in the 4th quarter. There was no way. And what did we do? We run three pass plays in a row from the 6. Awful. Just awful.

I’ve been very lenient with CGM and tried to give him some time to grow, but he doesn’t win these games. It was almost a sure thing after those first two drives we were done if Miss St scored more than about 10 points. CGM seems to be the common denominator among these past 3 or 4 years when this team has pissed away these opportunities to really help themselves out. He doesn’t learn, he doesn’t adapt, he doesn’t do anything different- and the small amount of times he does do something different, he does it once, then reverts to the old way! 

Great example is the qb sneak we ran tonight. I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for that and I was ecstatic he finally ran it. But the next third down and 1, we put our smallest back in the backfield to run the wildcat, and although it was a bad snap, Miss St read it like a book. 

Malzahn seems to be too stubborn. I love coaches to be stubborn to a point, because you can’t abandon something the first time it’s not working, but this offense has not improved since day 1 AT ALL. That comes down to TERRIBLE coaching! They’re not setting these guys up for any success! State will win 7 or 8 games this season, but by no means should the talent they have Vs the talent we have produce a win for them. The only place they had us beat was the D-Line vs our o-line matchup. D played well, but a sorry offensive performance plagued us yet again. We go absolutely anemic on offense, and we’ve done it for a few years. Malzahn’s leash is getting a lot shorter for me. I would like to see him and Freeze running the offense, because i think Freeze would know how to call it. Lindsey was good for a few games last season, but those anemic moments certainly were not absent. I’m getting really tired of this bad feeling that we’re gonna lose a game, not because the other team beat us, but because we couldn’t even be an average college football team on one side of the ball, supposedly the side malzahn knows best. 

I still don’t know if I’m ready to say fire Malzahn, but this is just another step towards it. This stupid coach speak that we hear every week.... I’m just tired of it. I know fans can backseat coach all they want and it shouldn’t affect the coach, but it seems like when fans have been calling for something, and then he tries it, it tends to work. I.e. the quarterback sneak...... The answer just seems fairly clear to everyone but the coaches sometimes, and I think that was drives me up a wall most. I really think the fine details of this team are worked on a lot, but these coaches get so in the weeds about stuff that they lose sight of the ultimate goal. 

I’ve taken another step towards the Fire Gus Bus. I wasn’t in favor of the contract. I thought he hadn’t proved anything yet and we needed to see consistency before giving him that big of a contract. Maybe it’s not him, maybe Lindsey is a little in over his head, but the common denominator seems to be Malzahn. Again, I can’t say that for certain, but I don’t know who else to blame. It seems like we get beat by doing the same thing in these types of games- not even being average. We could win most of these games by being just that- average!! 

I’m not sure what I really want right now other than for it to be basketball season. This Auburn football team makes the same mistakes week in and week out. They don’t get any better at play calling or at execution and at some point, I blame the coaches for the culture. Recruiting has been great. Why haven’t results followed? 

I’m running out of patience quickly. 

Spot on. Only thing I'd change about your post is that I've been waiting 10 years for Gus to run a QB sneak rather than 3 weeks.

We finally moved the ball 2 inches forward for a first down rather than push it 5 yards back and get stuffed.

He's learning, I guess. But not nearly fast enough for my taste.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:20 AM, MCAU said:

No one would come work for him unless he hires his old staff from Springdale High. 

He's gonna hire Rhett back because JJ isn't around to tell him no. 

Why doesn’t  Gus be a man and Unretire his playbook? It seems to me someone who pride’s themselves in being an offensive guy, would just say I am going to have a hand in play calling duties. I’ve seen this happen on all levels of sports. If the offense is this bad and it is truly chip Lindsey, you fire him at the end of the season or you take over. Heck, even Coach O made placed some input last year when he felt the offense was too complex for LSU.

Archived