#Fireupthejets

The Plainsman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Just letting it all out.  

Thank you.  

P.S  K.Johnson should stop defending Gus on twitter or else he should have stayed another year.  

This thread is over the top, but that second statement re: KJ is thumbs up.

1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

We couldn't afford to buy the fuel for the jet with all of the millions we are paying to keep the Gus Bus sputtering along!

Someone get Tim Cook on the phone ;)

no Thanks to any former coaches giving advice on whom to hire!!!   If Greene is given full authority to go out and hire, let him.   Auburn needs to get away from Auburn good ole boy network and hire someone that has experience and has proven to be a winner.   Don’t know why it’s being discussed though, Gus isn’t going anywhere.  Even if Auburn loses the rest of their games,  don’t think he would get fired

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Where would you fly to?

Orlando...maybe?

edit: Boca Raton and see if Joey Freshwater is around 

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

hire someone that has experience and has proven to be a winner.  

Same old cliche'....but once again...not followed by a few names of guys who might consider AU.    Lots of coaches who are winners where they are at lower level or lesser conferences.....but very few (if any) who could take on Nick or the majority of other SEC coaches....JMO

Just now, AU64 said:

Same old cliche'....but once again...not followed by a few names of guys who might consider AU.    Lots of coaches who are winners where they are at lower level or lesser conferences.....but very few (if any) who could take on Nick or the majority of other SEC coaches....JMO

Great then lets just keep getting performances like last night. 

Lane Kiffin
Neal Brown
Dave Aranda
All 3 would be a roll of the dice for different reasons but could potentially be very good coaches here(IMO). And these would be realistic options I believe.

Tim Cook could deal with Gus' buyout on his own. If he truly loves Auburn the way I think he does, he could write a check to Gus and say byebye.

My son is really good at Madden.  Uses his WR’s well.  Has a nice running game. Understands using the middle of the field in the passing game.  Mixes up his play calling effectively.  And back when we had NCAA Football he was a hell of a recruiter...he would work very cheap.  Can’t be worse Im just sayin. 

I want Auburn to hire a head coach who's already a proven winner. Then hire the best assist coaches who can really coach and recruit those 4 and 5* players. Other teams hires proven winning head coaches. Why is Auburn unable to take the same path like Alabama did when they hired Nick Saban.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Tim Cook could deal with Gus' buyout on his own. If he truly loves Auburn the way I think he does, he could write a check to Gus and say byebye.

I don't think Tim Cook loves Auburn football as much as you think he does. Believe it or not there are thousands of Auburn students who love Auburn but will complain about how football games hinder their access to campus on game days. Cook strikes me as one of those weirdos...

32 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Orlando...maybe?

edit: Boca Raton and see if Joey Freshwater is around 

I'd take Heuple...

Gus is a terrible coach, awful. But more terrifying is that he was able to fool the Auburn Board of Trustees and Leath into extending him. Those are supposed to be the people watching over Auburn, supposedly smart people. His current buyout is $32 million, that's all on the Auburn Board.

Gus isn’t going anywhere so get used to it.  10-2  will be the top end for his program when everything goes right, 8-4 will be the norm, and 6-6 will be the record when the ball doesn’t bounce right.  It is what it is.  That’s what $49M gets you these days.  

Who needs a jet, just drive to nearest high school and hire the first coach you come across. Couldn't be much different than the high school coach we have now. He would work for a lot less and we could pay Gus not to coach.

I think quite literally the answer is for Auburn to hire a real offensive coordinator and make him the head coach without the title. Give him complete control of the offense and tell him he doesn't have to listen to Gus. Gus won't change his ways even though Auburn invested a ton of money into him. I would think that Gus would become annoyed and go elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd take Heuple...

Absolutely 

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Absolutely 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

In a New York minute.

Could you imagine what he would do with our offensive skill

Archived