Trump approval Rating

Proud Tiger

The Rasmussen Daily Presidential tracking poll now has Trump at 51%. Thank you Dems for helping with your recent circus. Wish the mid-terms were tomorrow. He is making a big impact on the campaign trail.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_oct08

Maybe.  It's also one poll, and a tracking poll at that.  Tracking polls are very different animals than random polls.  Still useful, but only part of a picture.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe.  It's also one poll, and a tracking poll at that.  Tracking polls are very different animals than random polls.  Still useful, but only part of a picture.

Thanks for making sure we down play it. I’ll be sure to continue using that tactic when “you people” post polls. :)

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Thanks for making sure we down play it. I’ll be sure to continue using that tactic when “you people” post polls. :)

Feel free.  A single poll never tells the whole story.  When you get 5 or more of differing methods beginning to say the same thing, then you've got something.  If you've ever noticed, PT only posts this poll when it comes to approval ratings.  There's a reason for that.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you've ever noticed, PT only posts this poll when it comes to approval ratings.  There's a reason for that.

As is the case with most ordinary people. Nothing wrong with PT posting the report. Will not find it in many places.

It's definitely reasonable to use the Rasmussen Poll as one barometer.  It's also reasonable to use other polls.  The aggregate usually is the best picture.  

Here's 538's:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

I'm curious what other compilers are being used by the board at large?  Some may paint a different picture than 538.

38 minutes ago, HVAU said:

It's definitely reasonable to use the Rasmussen Poll as one barometer.  It's also reasonable to use other polls.  The aggregate usually is the best picture.  

Here's 538's:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

I'm curious what other compilers are being used by the board at large?  Some may paint a different picture than 538.

I typically look at Real Clear Politics.  They aggregate just about every poll imaginable.  Gives a pretty clear picture.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, SaltyTiger said:

As is the case with most ordinary people. Nothing wrong with PT posting the report. Will not find it in many places.

Some just can't accept any poll that has Trump at 51% without saying "yes but....."

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Some just can't accept any poll that has Trump at 51% without saying "yes but....."

Honest question.  Do you understand the difference between a tracking poll and more "regular" polls that we're used to seeing?

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Honest question.  Do you understand the difference between a tracking poll and more "regular" polls that we're used to seeing?

Sure and I simply reported one poll which is a reputable one and done day by day. I fully understand there are others. The real point is this is as high as Trump has been in the Rasmussen poll in a long time and probably reflects approval of his standing by Kavanaugh. I know you don't agree but the Kavanaugh confirmation and the nasty efforts by Dems to prevent it is a real win for the GOP.

11 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sure and I simply reported one poll which is a reputable one and done day by day. I fully understand there are others. The real point is this is as high as Trump has been in the Rasmussen poll in a long time and probably reflects approval of his standing by Kavanaugh. I know you don't agree but the Kavanaugh confirmation and the nasty efforts by Dems to prevent it is a real win for the GOP.

I actually do agree with you that the fight over Kavanaugh will be a potential boon to Republican chances this fall.  My whole point is that a tracking poll, while valid, is vastly different from standard random polls because they only track the same people.  You tend to get a better view of the whole situation when looking at all polls combined.  It's why I pay attention to RCP.

22 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually do agree with you that the fight over Kavanaugh will be a potential boon to Republican chances this fall.  My whole point is that a tracking poll, while valid, is vastly different from standard random polls because they only track the same people.  You tend to get a better view of the whole situation when looking at all polls combined.  It's why I pay attention to RCP.

I look at RCP regularly also. The only problem there is when they show the average of several other polls it can be misleading since some of the polls are much older than others.

Archived