Could Gus be a good CEO coach?

AUght2win

15 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

The CEO vs the HC/OC combination is a good academic discussion which has allowed all of us to express our opinions. That is a good thing but I think it also misses the most important issue. What we 'really' care about is wins. Speaking for myself, I couldn't care less if he is a CEO, calls all the offensive plays or fires all the coaches and does everything himself. I don't care how he handles it.

What I care about is him winning those games he should never lose every year, to teams that are clearly not as good as us. I also care about what, if anything, he is doing to improve on that. In his 6th year for instance, AU should have never lost to LSU, MSU or Tenn. Think of the different perception there would be right now if Gus had won those games and we were 9-1 vs 6-4. Gus has always been his worst enemy on that.

True......but trend has not been good ...though hard to know the actual causes?      Just thinking that Gus or someone might have succumbed to pressure to turn the offense over to his OC....first Lash...and then Chip....which if true, has not worked that well.    He's probably gonna be here next year and just suggesting ……that being the case......, we / he go back to calling the offense like in his OC days …..nothing to lose in my view....and I still think that Gus is probably a good OC. And a QB like KB might be a nice addition for him. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True......but trend has not been good ...though hard to know the actual causes?      Just thinking that Gus or someone might have succumbed to pressure to turn the offense over to his OC....first Lash...and then Chip....which if true, has not worked that well.    He's probably gonna be here next year and just suggesting ……that being the case......, we / he go back to calling the offense like in his OC days …..nothing to lose in my view....and I still think that Gus is probably a good OC. And a QB like KB might be a nice addition for him. 

I agree with your point, but I'll mention that our offense got a lot better in 2016 after he handed play calling duties 100% over to Rhett.

If not for injuries, we might've won something that year and Rhett might still be here or might've left for a relatively high profile job instead of how it did happen. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wait a dadgum minute '64!  You've told us the actual causes for losing games were lack of depth, youth, injuries, inexperience, lack of execution, coaching changes, poor officiating, lack of a returning 2nd yr QB, etc.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

It's possible that may work, who knows. It's his call, he needs to win and especially stop losing to inferior teams.

Archived