Stidham

corchjay

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

If what your gut says is true then Stidham has a prime opportunity tomorrow to show off for NFL scouts.  Put up 350yds and 4tds against Bama and NFL scouts may forget what they saw earlier this season.

It ain’t about my gut... it’s about Stidham’s Guts and he’s shown none.  That’s why he will never be a starter in the NFL ever regardless where he may be drafted.  If you can’t win over a rah rah college locker rook you sure as heck aren’t a NFL locker room.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the difference in outside pressure on Stidham and Tua.  Tua will step up in the pocket and deliver the ball.  Stidham will drift back or start rolling out.  And don’t give me the OL crap... Storey at Arkansas has done it all year, Francois has done it all year at FSU and both of those under much worse OL conditions then what Stidham has had.  

I think Sean is more of a gamer while honestly making smarter decisions. Jarrett tried to be too safe against good teams which ended up biting him in the end. Sean is honestly just a better QB in the head, just had the body of a city leaguer unfortunately. I certainly don’t think we beat UGA or MSU, maybe LSU and UT though. 9-1 going into Athens is a far better look than 6-3 though 

On 11/22/2018 at 10:25 PM, Win4AU said:

If Stidham wants to go play with Briles then bring Briles to Auburn.  It’d be a upgrade over Houston and one good season at Auburn would probably get him set up to take over at HC for someone.  Ole Miss will probably be looking for a new one in the next year.  

I want Briles but I don’t know if I want Stidham 

No one could have had great success with how our O Line played this year and definitely not SW. HOWEVER, JS has regressed tremendously this year. Even when he had time, he missed throws, he missed TONS of reads this year, he was not the same.  He looked like a guy who checked out. It screamed in his body language. He reminded me at times on the sidelines of Jay Cutler with that aloof expression holdin onto the collar of the shoulder pads showing no emotion or care in the world.   Good luck to him wherever he goes, Nfl or transfer as the whispers are saying. 

The more I watch him the more he reminds me of a game manager. Will not take chances and will not win you a game on his own. He is not going to make a play that makes you wonder how he could have made it. However, if you had a good run game and needed someone to hit check downs, screen and the occasional open man down field he is your guy. As long as there is not to much pressure. Hope everything works out for him.

10 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

I feel sorry for Stidham.  His regression is bewildering and inexplicable. It just doesn’t compute. 

Yes.  The Oline has been a big part of the problem this season but he has definitely gone backwards.  I don’t remember him missing wide open receivers last year the way he has done this year.  The line play has been improving recently but his accuracy is still way off compared to last year. 

Archived