Malzahn Presser 11-13-2018

Auburn Kev

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It would still be a fight against the back up. I started to ask you on your post you said imagine js at Oklahoma. I didn't want to sound like I was coming at you the wrong way because we're cool as ice. So don't take it wrong but what do you see out js to make you say that? I'm really just asking out of curiosity

No worries my man, I don't take it the wrong way at all. 

Regarding Stidham: even with JS's shortcomings I saw enough out of him last season to think with a competent play caller, coach who can assess personnel properly, and a coach who threatens defenses over the entire field rather than making some areas off limits regardless of the qb, combined with Big 12 defenses he could do very well for himself. 

But really my original post was about Stidham to West Virginia bc I think tasked with the same duties I think JS can be comparable to Will Grier. 

Am I as high on JS as I was last season or after the Washington game this year? No way. But I do think that he looks much worse than he actually is due to whatever the hell it is we are doing on O + the OL. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty similar styles and demeanor when it comes to press conference right?! lol JUST THE GOAT DOING GOAT STUFF!!! WOOO!!!!!! #thepirate2018

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pretty similar styles and demeanor when it comes to press conference right?! lol JUST THE GOAT DOING GOAT STUFF!!! WOOO!!!!!! #thepirate2018

I still love how the QB put the mustache on sideways, post game, and he just gives him a look, and keeps on with the interview lol. Leach is a national treasure that is forsure.

I almost posted a tweet I saw yesterday for you, he was telling the fans he needed them for the game Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I still love how the QB put the mustache on sideways, post game, and he just gives him a look, and keeps on with the interview lol. Leach is a national treasure that is forsure.

I almost posted a tweet I saw yesterday for you, he was telling the fans he needed them for the game Saturday. 

OMGSH IF YOU DO PLEASE TAG ME IN IT!!!!!!!!!! not only is he just so damn fun HE IS WINNING AT FREAKING WASHINGTON STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is next to impossible to do! lol. Could you imagine him with bo nix and this group of wr's?! I get chills thinking about it fam! lol

im just glad we're going to be better next year.   like how we were really good in 2016  at the sec media days,  and all the other times he overplays his hand

6 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Image result for we were almost there gif

This team was a lot more than a couple of plays. That is a ridiculous statement. Clearly in Denial. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a serious #%* problem. 

7 hours ago, AUforlife22 said:

Malzahn: “We expected to do better. That’s fair to say. We are extremely youthful, and I think that’s fair to say.”  Malzahn will continue to use this as a crutch, while the best teams in college football, Clemson and Alabama, will continue to thrive in part because of their youth. The idea that youth has kept us from achieving expectations is ridiculous. This should not continue to be the narrative, or things are not going to improve anytime soon.

I agree!! They are "extremely youthful" every year, just like the "extremely youthful" on every other team, esp. SEC, who are ready to play each Saturday and either execute OR fully expect the consequences for failure to so do. One might think he'd have a remedy for addressing the performance of the "extremely youthful" after coaching high school and 6 years at the university level. #samesongsecondverse        #littleleagueexcuseworthy

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus already ready to move on to next season huh? We got two more games bud plus a bowl game. 

Gus wants to distance himself from his current embarrassments, in time if not in space.  A fantasy future is the only place Gus doesn't suck as a head coach. 

when he says youthful that means he doesn't know how to coach them or what to do with the talent they have.

They aren't young anymore, 10 weeks in the season and no improvement. 

Oh ok. I was nervous for a second but Gus says we'll be better. I'm good now. Mind you he said we'll be awesome this year but yeah next year cool. I was scared for a sec....

17 hours ago, Win4AU said:

What’s even crazier is against UGA and Miss State the running game disappeared when the numbers show some success in each of those games.  Boobee and Worm has 13 combined carries.  Meanwhile as you mentioned Stid is throwning 36 times for like a buck30.  Auburn was in both those games and could have helped the defense out by running more.  The two straight passes with 2 yards to go?!  Gus brings in the Cox cat but won’t let Cox run for 2 yards?!  I think Gus is in his own head to a point that he doesn’t know his a$$ from his elbows.

He is starting to figure it out.  Lately when he picks his nose his finger stinks really bad.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, AUforlife22 said:

Malzahn: “We expected to do better. That’s fair to say. We are extremely youthful, and I think that’s fair to say.”  Malzahn will continue to use this as a crutch, while the best teams in college football, Clemson and Alabama, will continue to thrive in part because of their youth. The idea that youth has kept us from achieving expectations is ridiculous. This should not continue to be the narrative, or things are not going to improve anytime soon.

That excuse only works in the first 1-3 years because you haven't been managing the roster or recruiting. Gus has been far removed from any such excuses at this point. Everyone on this team is a "Gus" guy and if we're deficient in any area it's on either his evaluations, coaching, or roster management. Being reassuring about next year doesn't really excuse the current year; I think someone mentioned this in a different thread but it's concerning how much he's discussing the future before this season is even over.

Gus Malzahn said he thought Auburn had a "pretty solid plan" on offense against Georgia. Said the offense's performance on third down was the "Achilles heel."

If that's what he thinks then he's truly delusional. Can't blame execution for the fact that you haven't scored a touchdown in Athens, EVER, after the first quarter. Gus, if you go to the bar with a different wingman every night and you never get a girl it's not the wingman's fault. Simply put you're paid the big bucks because you were supposed to serve as a guru for the Auburn offense.

Gus Malzahn on Auburn's season:

'We're a couple of plays away feeling a little bit different.'

Now I actually get where he's coming from here. Let's go to an alternate universe with some better officiating. I think this team beats LSU if it weren't for a large number of ridiculous calls and a series of bad ones to hand them a game winning field goal. Mississippi State is simple enough looking at the fact that NickFitz wasn't in the endzone and we didn't come on top with a debatable call for Boobee's touchdown in return; if you shift the dynamics of that game I think we win and don't give up that silly last touchdown where the defense looked like they said "f this". Tennessee game if we're undefeated maybe we play better but maybe we still lose that one. So potentially we could have rolled into Georgia either undefeated or with one loss which would have the fanbase feeling a lot better. However, this team is still lacking in a lot of crucial areas and I still think we'd lose to Georgia like we did and get murdered by Alabama.

So, my point is this, we could have easily been 10-2 on the year. However, it likely wouldn't have mattered. We still wouldn't have won our division, the team has still been coached poorly, we still don't prep for teams well, we still don't make halftime adjustments, Gus still can't win big road games, and we're still poorly recruiting at key positions. Even the positions we recruit well at, we're not evaluating talent correctly or we're not finding fits for our schemes and system.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:57 AM, Tiger said:

Is JS on track to graduate? If he's eligible to transfer and play next season it may be a good idea to reach out to Dana Holgerson and see if they need someone to man the ship for a year to follow Will Grier

I mean if his options are Gus or Dana, if you're a QB it's a no brainer IMO

There isn't a scenario where Jarrett Stidham is going to transfer to another college to finish his senior year of football. He'll enter an atrociously weak quarterback class and relax laughing on the sideline of some NFL team for 2-5 years.

Archived