Marshall Column: A Matter of Leadership

aubiefifty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing about Gus’ actions on the field that gives me any confidence that he will become a good coach. Even his body language on the sidelines doesn’t inspire confidence.

Off the field is a different story. He has class, is kind and represents Auburn well. 

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

There is nothing about Gus’ actions on the field that gives me any confidence that he will become a good coach. Even his body language on the sidelines doesn’t inspire confidence.

Off the field is a different story. He has class, is kind and represents Auburn well. 

This is my thought as well. I like him as a person. I can absolutely see how the players would see him as a father figure, but he does not seem to have the proper demeanor to be a great coach, at least not at this level. Time and time again I expect to see him getting fired up and showing true passion. Sometimes that's what players need. You can do that without cursing like a sailor but you have to DO IT. Did Muschamp go a little overboard Sometimes? Yes, but his passion was contagious. And I believe Gus's more reserved and sometime flat out timid demeanor is also. It's a fine line to walk, but he's off in the ditch. 

Archived