Marshall Column: A Matter of Leadership

aubiefifty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don’t believe patience is something Auburn will give a new coach, especially if it’s a split among the power brokers who the new hire is. Add on a big salary for a HC and assistants, then the immediate expectations are through the roof. And if we wanna compete against Saban, Smart, and Jimbo then it’s gonna cost some coins. Whoever comes in is walking into a talented skill position team but extremely high expectations along with it. It’s imperative Auburn gets someone who can handle that and manage it....now who can that’s the 32 million dollar question.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Can Auburn be patient enough with 

7-5..8-4...9-3...8-4...10-2...11-1??? 

Cause if the program is in shambles and purgatory as some think, combined with the establishments @ Bama, UGA, A&M..and LSU...teams we face annually. Schools who have seasons up in Auburn in their rebuilds. Schools that traditionally out recruit Auburn based on status as state schools alone (less A&M) IJS if it’s as bad as we think the new person is gonna need some time...my question is can we be patient??? Or will Auburn be buying another coach out in 4 years??

If we stupidly go back out and pay a half-assed coach $50m; then yes; we'll be buying out another one in less than 4 years.  

Plenty opinions either for or against Gus and that's fine.

Obviously I'm ready for Auburn to replace Gus and move on.

If you truly think Gus IS the answer for Auburn, so be it.  I don't get it, but that's your opinion and you have your reasons.

What I DON'T understand are those who are simply afraid to replace Gus because they fear the unknown.  You'd honestly rather wallow in mediocrity than take a chance and make a move to try and better the program? 

By that measure, do you not watch live games either, for fear you might see Auburn lose?  Or do you only watch DVR'd games so that you're guaranteed to see a victory?

On 11/23/2018 at 9:37 AM, aubiefifty said:

Last season, there was a similar story, with offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey taking command after the loss at LSU. The result was another rise in productivity, including victories over Georgia and Alabama. Then, suddenly, another inexplicable downturn.

That's what all coaches do. Take the ball out of the OC's hands post victory. I suppose CCL was getting all the praise.  Yeah, that is what happened. :lol:

7 minutes ago, PTOTiger said:

I’ve read some posts from those guys...I figured they were trolls...are they for real???

Definitely. Defenders of all thing Gus and proud to throw anyone under the (Gus) bus who feels otherwise.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, Win4AU said:

I don’t agree with saying Gus took over the offense after the Georgia and Bama game last year.  The same offense we ran in those games was the same offense Auburn ran against UGA and UCF to end the season.  The obvious difference was Kerryon’s health.  You can blame Gus for not having an adequate backup but not the play calling.

This

Regardless, I just want to get to talking about what we do after this season. Our recruiting at every position of need (cough, OL) is falling apart, and we need some form of action.

49 minutes ago, PTOTiger said:

I’ve read some posts from those guys...I figured they were trolls...are they for real???

Someone with 24 post calling out someone with thousands of post as a Troll.  Get real!  

2 hours ago, CR said:

Whiners- "Anyone who doesn't agree with 64, Mikey or corchjay."

Why is my name in this I don’t think I’ve called anyone a whiner just have a different opinion then most on the board. 

Someone needs fired tonoight not all of them! Going down hill sat ad wI'll be years trying to get media attention again.

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

Trust me on this if anyone knows what’s going on with Chip it’s me.  And if you don’t believe that then so be it.

This is exactly what Chip is thinking.  He knows the deal in big time college football.  He’s very thankful to Gus for the opportunity he’s been given.  He doesn’t know what will happen at the end of the season but if he does have to move on he thinks he will still land on his feet in college ball.  

You have to remember 5 years ago Chip was coaching high school football now he’s making $1m plus a year.  I’d say he’s very thankful for what Gus has done for him.  

Believe that or don’t but I know exactly what I know about Chip and if you or anyone else I don’t really care... 

so no need to reply stalker

bullsh4t

Just now, auburnphan said:

bullsh4t

Ok if you say so.  Not sure how you would know who I know but of course my stalker is right about me lol.  So you changed from your alter account back to this one

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

Yep and do it very well... my career record as head coach is 231-93.  Let me know how I’m doing.  State championship coach as well.  This is high school record.

Plus I do a lot for travel ball when I am allowed to but can’t be on the field but have coached 3 state champs in travel at the top level of competition.  Won 2 super NITs a cotton state’s championship plus a USSSA World Series championship In a 4 year period.

i guess I have no idea what I’m doing or talking about there either.  

Hey stalker did you play any sport of any kind?  Just wondering.  Madden on PlayStation doesn’t count

large  scale loser, when he gets challenged on his bullsh4it, he threate=ns to choke people out......research has found racism, nobody shocked i am sure. Lawyer uncle has done his resarch

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

large  scale loser, when he gets challenged on his bullsh4it, he threate=ns to choke people out......research has found racism, nobody shocked i am sure. Lawyer uncle has done his resarch

Whatever you are talking about.  Lol racism... so what color am I white or black?  Who’s challenging me?  Who am I challenging?  No one.  Just said I know what Chip is thinking and I know for a fact what he is thinking because I’m very very good friends with several of his friends.  Remember I coached in the BHam area and so did Chip.  We share a lot of the same friends.   Did your uncle lawyer find that?  

Lol I’m sure your uncle lawyer found so much about me.  So give me some real info about me?  Spill it I give you permission to put out any information you have on me.  

gotta love when a loser jv baseball coach pretends to be the expert on AU Football.  Never shows respect to anybody on this board, randomly shows up and disrespects every single person on this board, long time members with resources and just claims his sources are right.  and his life is so pathetic that he has to point out that he is a coach.  loser lives his life off kids

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Whatever you are talking about.  Lol racism... so what color am I white or black?  Who’s challenging me?  Who am I challenging?  No one.  Just said I know what Chip is thinking and I know for a fact what he is thinking because I’m very very good friends with several of his friends.  Remember I coached in the BHam area and so did Chip.  We share a lot of the same friends.   Did your uncle lawyer find that?  

Lol I’m sure your uncle lawyer found so much about me.  So give me some real info about me?  Spill it I give you permission to put out any information you have on me.  

#UNHINGED....you really don't wanna go there loser

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

gotta love when a loser jv baseball coach pretends to be the expert on AU Football.  Never shows respect to anybody on this board, randomly shows up and disrespects every single person on this board, long time members with resources and just claims his sources are right.  and his life is so pathetic that he has to point out that he is a coach.  loser lives his life off kids

Well you’re pretty much wrong on everything you say about me but if I’m pathetic and you stalk me under this screen name and an alter name what does that make you?  

Just now, auburnphan said:

#UNHINGED....you really don't wanna go there loser

Oh yeah I do.  Please let me and every one here know all about me.  I welcome it... good luck embarrassing yourself.  So step up big boy or step off...

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

WTF? This thread has taken a weird turn, lol. 

Lol I have a stalker... PTOTiger and auburnphan are obviously the same person.  Weird the infatuation with me tho.  I may not agree it’s time to fire Gus but other then that I’m generally just a normal poster on the forum.  Actually I’m a very active poster on the board.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Well you’re pretty much wrong on everything you say about me but if I’m pathetic and you stalk me under this screen name and an alter name what does that make you?  

NOPE I JUST HATE PEOPLE THAT COACH CHILDREN AND THREATEN TO GO CHOKE PEOPLE OUT. DUDE IS UNHINGED. 

Archived