#KeepGus

jptiger

Anybody else seeing this hashtag from turd  fans? Seems we have a little Mike Shula situation here at Auburn. I myself never felt concerned while he was there. Any thought?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Bill Curry.

In his career at GA Tech, bammer & Kentucky, he was O-fer Auburn.

Not that it has much to do with anything.  Just makes me feel better to know Auburn owns SOMEBODY...

If i'm LSU, UGA or turds I'd say the same.

Jeopardy Question:

What phrase did Gus Malzahn use that led to two unsportsmanlike penalties for The University of Auburn in 2018?

Ans: Bullcrap (laughter ensues).

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Or Bill Curry.

In his career at GA Tech, bammer & Kentucky, he was O-fer Auburn.

Not that it has much to do with anything.  Just makes me feel better to know Auburn owns SOMEBODY...

AU doesn’t own anybody lately except some pathetic excuses for AU fans that still support Gus.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

AU doesn’t own anybody lately except some pathetic excuses for AU fans that still support Gus.

Classy

13 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Anybody else seeing this hashtag from turd  fans? Seems we have a little Mike Shula situation here at Auburn. I myself never felt concerned while he was there. Any thought?

I used this very analogy in a thread recently but was told that it wasn’t valid

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I used this very analogy in a thread recently but was told that it wasn’t valid

Gus is what we thought Orgeron would be.

19 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Mike Shula never won the Iron Bowl. To me it feels more like the 1970’s

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Still own Arkansas, no matter how ironic

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Maybe they will fire him so this board would be happy.  That would make me smile at least.  I have a prediction he will get fired....

Just not this year

So you're coming around? Seems lockstep. Yes, he's a dead coach. No, not this season. That's the overwhelming sentiment in here. Welcome aboard Corch.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Maybe they will fire him so this board would be happy.  That would make me smile at least.  I have a prediction he will get fired....

Just not this year

He should be fired.  There is no reason we don’t have a NFL running back.  There is also no reason we are piss poor on D.   We have facilities to compete on a top 10 level and there is no reason we don’t.  

We we should at least be Clemson

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

So you're coming around? Seems lockstep. Yes, he's a dead coach. No, not this season. That's the overwhelming sentiment in here. Welcome aboard Corch.

No I disagree on firing now.  Next year maybe.  But I am tired of the hate here.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

No I disagree on firing now.  Next year maybe.  But I am tired of the hate here.  

Curious as to why not this year instead of next.  Is it due to the buyout, the vote of confidence by Leath and Green?

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You're right it's tilted heavily against the coach in here. But not without reason. We believe he owes us a few of the losses, and he has no capacity to turn it around. That's pretty fundamental, history or fan-base cliche be damned. I can see you're fighting the good fight, so it is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Curious as to why not this year instead of next.  Is it due to the buyout, the vote of confidence by Leath and Green?

Not to speak for @corchjay, but the money aspect has a lot to do with it. 

Personally, I don’t see us turning it around, but some people do(for whatever reason). 

Personally I think it's the embarrassment of it all. Firing him after giving him basically a lifetime contract. Actually firing him after next season will,cost Auburn more money in the long run than firing him tonight

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus is what we thought Orgeron would be.

I still believe Orgeron will fail. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Personally, I don’t see us turning it around, but some people do(for whatever reason). 

You’re exactly right.  Boy it sure is easy to throw around other people’s money with firing a staff then hiring another staff.  Not sure what the cost would be but I’m sure we’ll over $50 million just to start and then whatever buyout you assure the next staff probably at a minimum another 20 or so million.   So you are throwing 70 million around with a hope they can be more consistent then Gus teams have been... surely we aren’t discussing accomplishments because Gus has to be in our top 3 for 5 year coaches accomplishments...  so what I get is we are will to throw 70 million consistent 10 win guy but no championships.

42 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Seems legit. Can you blame them?

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I agree with you on the turnaround

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Seems legit. Can you blame them?

I’m sure they want to keep around the only coach in the conference to ever beat their coach.  If it is a real hashtag going around it’s just to run a little salt in the wounds from today’s loss

Archived