Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Just now, AUwent said:

Good point. I'd like to think that if Jimbo has a bright future at A&M even with his guarantee...

That said, a consistent 9-3 coach is better than a consistent 7-5 coach.

Yes but not for highest paid money. Highest paid money means you are winning multiple NCs in my eyes.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No.  And not just because of the amount.  He'll be a 9-3 coach at AU.  Unless he just recruits out of his mind.  Since he gave up coaching while he was the big fish in a small pond in the Big 12... what makes you think he has the desire to dominate with $100m guaranteed?

I don’t think that’s true at all. Bob built a very good and consistent program at OK. Consider at AU with SEC talent how good he could be. One thing about it he won’t be intimidated by Saben. He has beat him before .

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes but not for highest paid money. Highest paid money means you are winning multiple NCs in my eyes.

He went to the NC four times as well as a playoff. I know that every conference other than the SEC is a Pee Wee league to most people here 🙄, but he's had true success. If Fisher can be a threat in the SEC after having some success in a "lesser" conference, so can Stoops.

56 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Jimbo Fisher type?  hmmm... Former AU connections... Slimy...  No thanks.  

If Jimbo Fisher type he means has won a NC then maybe I'm for it.  Jimbo Fisher type doesn't excite me very much.  

Bob Stoops maybe

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I think we’re being trolled by Moon, Tate and Marcello...

It's no longer just them reporting this now.  Football Scoop (pretty accurate on these things) has now joined in.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t think that’s true at all. Bob built a very good and consistent program at OK. Consider at AU with SEC talent how good he could be. One thing about it he won’t be intimidated by Saben. He has beat him before .

I mean, so has Gus. You gotta have a throat slasher to consistently compete with Saban, because like him or not, Saban is going to do everything in his power to fix whatever deficiency led to that loss.

As much as we tend to think too highly of ourselves at times I also think we sell ourselves short.  For the right coach in the right situation with everyone pulling together Auburn is a sleeping giant.  We just need the starts to align correctly.  Outside of our own idiots messing things up Auburn is a desirable job.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It's no longer just them reporting this now.  Football Scoop (pretty accurate on these things) has now joined in.

I hope it’s accurate but if something sounds too good to be true...it usually is...particularly with our beloved Tigers.

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I think we’re being trolled by Moon, Tate and Marcello...

Jesus could be sending you a hello and you would call him a troll lol

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gus has beaten Saban.  

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

As much as we tend to think too highly of ourselves at times I also think we sell ourselves short.  For the right coach in the right situation with everyone pulling together Auburn is a sleeping giant.  We just need the starts to align correctly.  Outside of our own idiots messing things up Auburn is a desirable job.

Right! If Clemson can do it, by God we can too.

If there is truth to this rumor, the timing is odd in my opinion. If Gus is staying, and him and CCL have the relationship we believe them to have, why has their been no announcement there? If Gus is going, and if the powers that be have been in talks with a replacement for 2 weeks and that person is interested as stated by Moon, why not get the ball rolling? Just things I’m curious about. I’m in a good old fashioned ‘show me’ mode. 

When are folks going to understand what we need is someone capable of building a sustainable football program that we won’t have to be going thru this every year. Not a gimmick high school coach hoping he can fool somebody. Gus recruits decent but doesn’t teach them well after they are here. Every year you see players that were better the year before or have not improved after 2 years. That’s is coaching plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He went to the NC four times as well as a playoff. I know that every conference other than the SEC is a Pee Wee league to most people here 🙄, but he's had true success. If Fisher can be a threat in the SEC after having some success in a "lesser" conference, so can Stoops.

He definitely had success! I am just saying, if he truly is asking for that money, we need to WIN the NCs.

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

If there is truth to this rumor, the timing is odd in my opinion. If Gus is staying, and him and CCL have the relationship we believe them to have, why has their been no announcement there? If Gus is going, and if the powers that be have been in talks with a replacement for 2 weeks and that person is interested as stated by Moon, why not get the ball rolling? Just things I’m curious about. I’m in a good old fashioned ‘show me’ mode. 

The money is there.  The willingness from the AD and the President may not be.  It's probably a battle now of who wins out.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Gus has beaten Saban.  

Difference is Bob doesn’t loose to a team like UT when he definitely has better players. I just don’t understand you sometimes. Do you really feel Gus has earned his keep or are you personally connected to him. I am asking for real.

When Gus decided to not try to win the game but keep the score respectable, that was a another breaking point for people.  It is a loser mentality.

I can not accept the Head Coach at Auburn to have that mentality and remained employed

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I’m glad someone said it. Auburn is a great job and a lot of coaches would love to be here. I always hear people say, “Oh, they have to go up against Saban every year”. Why the hell is that a negative?

I want coaches to come in that WANT to go up against the best every year because you can’t win titles if you don’t. Smack them in the mouth and prove that you are the best. “To be the best, you have to beat the best”

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is all an old wives tale 

I’ve always wanted to use that saying 

major troll job by moon and marcello 

That’s what i’m thinking. Feels like something they cooked up together.

5 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

For the right coach in the right situation with everyone pulling together Auburn is a sleeping giant

Not to derail, but have heard the same thing about Tennessee every year since the Great Pumpkin left. Same has been said about Miami and Nebraska.

Archived