Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s got to be a package deal of Mark Mangino and Charlie Weiss. 

Pat Dye would go back to measuring asses with ax handles...

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Pat Dye would go back to measuring asses with ax handles...

Word is Mangino uses FG kickers for toothpicks...but even that is kinder treatment than what Malzahn did to Carlson the other day on 4th and 1. 

21 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Gus has beaten Saban.  

Lol. You can't even begin to compare Gus to Stoops. Just stop.....seriously. We all where you stand. It could be the Messiah and you'll still advocate for Gus.

Just now, tigerrules said:

for the PTB to sign off on the buyout and a $100 million coach it will take divine intervention.

In that case 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

what if after all this it backfires and we end up with gus anyway? wow this could be really bad if bob backs out for some reason. fi i was gus my pride would not let me stay at auburn.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

No coach is worth $100 million... none not 1...  When families can't afford to go to games the game has gotten to big.  When athletic departments budgets are over $100 million and get subed by the academic side and not the other way around something is wrong.  I'm all for running with the big dogs but when is enough enough... When tuition is sky rocketing no thanks on supporting that kind of money.  That's a different subject from this thread but that's just my opinion.  Once the evil elf went over $4m I was like enough is enough and now you have coaches like Muschamp making 8 frickin million a year... lol  

The University of Alabama’s bank account and trophy case both disagree with you. 

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Right now I think it hinges on Bob and money. Gus already knows I feel. He has Sexton hunting a landing spot. Believe it or not getting fired is really something that will bother Gus even with the money.

It may be that I started sipping on some bourbon already but you're making it sound as though you've been involved in these conversations.

With early signing period right around the corner I am thinking this is a troll job to torpedo our recruiting. Tin foil hat is on tight.

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Right! If Clemson can do it, by God we can too.

Florida had been a sleeping giant forever until they landed Spurrier and his innovative offense.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

what if after all this it backfires and we end up with gus anyway? wow this could be really bad if bob backs out for some reason. fi i was gus my pride would not let me stay at auburn.

He allowed Sexton to screw us with the 49M deal to keep Arkansas away. F em.

1 minute ago, AUcivE09 said:

With early signing period right around the corner I am thinking this is a troll job to torpedo our recruiting. Tin foil hat is on tight.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Yep...this is round  #2 after the "news" item last week.....

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

$32M buys a lot of "pride".

5 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Lol. You can't even begin to compare Gus to Stoops. Just stop.....seriously. We all where you stand. It could be the Messiah and you'll still advocate for Gus.

Lol I guess you haven't read the Thread Here it is...

But wasn't comparing Gus and Stoops other then both beat Saban.  

The more I think about it, I think it really is looking like Stoops. If it was an active coach, wouldn’t Auburn have to get that university’s permission to talk to their coach? What school would allow that during the season, particularly one in contention for the playoffs? Stoops’ record at Okie isn’t too shabby. I think I’d take it:

1999: 7-5 
2000: 13-0 
2001: 11-2 
2002: 12-2 
2003: 12-2 
2004: 12-1 
2005: 8-4 
2006: 11-3 
2007: 11-3 
2008: 12-2 
2009: 8-5 
2010: 12-2 
2011: 10-3 
2012: 10-3 
2013: 11-2 
2014: 8-5 
2015: 11-2 
2016: 11-2

2 minutes ago, selias said:

It may be that I started sipping on some bourbon already but you're making it sound as though you've been involved in these conversations.

No I haven’t but there has been a lot of info out there if you choose to open your eyes and watch. I have seen reputable people say big money decided after UT. Leath decide after Gus quit the team in the IB it was more than he could cover.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No I haven’t but there has been a lot of info out there if you choose to open your eyes and watch. I have seen reputable people say big money decided after UT. Leath decide after Gus quit the team in the IB it was more than he could cover.

I'm in SEC purgatory (central Ohio), this is the only Auburn site I visit, and my social media accounts consist of Facebook with family and actual friends. Not sure where I'm supposed to be looking

10 minutes ago, redman443 said:

Watch Gus  come back in 2019. as basically a lame duck coach

That is a given if nothing happens in 2018.

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, these guys are personally torpedoing their journalistic integrity?  ...on purpose?

There is no such thing anymore as journalistic integrity.  It's all about subscriptions and clicks.  

Archived