PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

And as noted somewhere else, I think it would be horrible for the university to try and find a loophole that would reduce Malzahns buyout. He may not be a great coach but he’s always represented the university well. The fact he can’t coach doesn’t make him a bad guy. I sincerely hope they honor his buyout if it comes down to this.

Not sure the public nose picking represented us well!

Agree

And I see that Tubs is throwing gasoline on the fire......comments on radio and spread across the internet.     So if most or all of this is bogus....who is the big winner? 

PTB: Take a reduced buy out and restrictions on personnel changes or your fired

Gus: I got a contract that says I WILL your coach next year and $32 million reasons to decline your offer and by the way do you realize how hard your making it for me to recruit with all this negative publicity.

or at least that’s what I would say!

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Not sure the public nose picking represented us well!

Sorry but I do not get into personal attacks-on the man.  I hate that he has not been successful because I love Auburn.  But I couldn’t care less about him picking his nose.  

One thing I don't believe is that Sexton will allow him to actually sign this. I could ses the man flying in and physically throwing himself in front of the contract to stop Gus' pen. 

This is all so wild.

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:
36 minutes ago, FreeCJ said:

That would be the dumbest decision any human could make.  

Running the same double reverse pass two weeks in a row has to be a close second.

3rd would be 25 WR bubblescreens....in the same game.

35 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

We have all seen the schedule for next year. 7 wins is probably the ceiling.

...and that's a vaulted ceiling....

5 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Sorry but I do not get into personal attacks-on the man.  I hate that he has not been successful because I love Auburn.  But I couldn’t care less about him picking his nose.  

It is a joke and that does not constitute a personal attack.  But like I also said I agree with you.  War Eagle

18 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:
25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

"No doubt"

You are banned from ever saying that on these forums!

But what if he has a good week of practicing saying it?

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

One thing I don't believe is that Sexton will allow him to actually sign this. I could ses the man flying in and physically throwing himself in front of the contract to stop Gus' pen. 

This is all so wild.

Nah.  I'm sure Slippin' Jimmy got paid his cut on that extortion demand already.  This is a new contract with a whole new fee for Sexton.

Could this all be a bluff-off? Jay G says this is all Auburn trying to make things so uncomfortable for Gus that anyone in their right mind would want out. 

I imagine a smart man like Sexton sees right through that. What if the strategy is "do what they least expect, say YES. Say yes to these horrible stipulations like the assistant hiring freeze and football complex being kiboshed". Maybe this will force Auburn to reconsider and fire Malzahn for the full 32 mil?

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Every game next year will start out talking about Auburn wanting to fire Gus after this season.  The more Auburn wins the more the talking heads will talk about it.

They won't be talking a lot because I don't believe we will be winning very much.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Could this all be a bluff-off? Jay G says this is all Auburn trying to make things so uncomfortable for Gus that anyone in their right mind would want out. 

I imagine a smart man like Sexton sees right through that. What if the strategy is "do what they least expect, say YES. Say yes to these horrible stipulations like the assistant hiring freeze and football complex being kiboshed". Maybe this will force Auburn to reconsider and fire Malzahn for the full 32 mil?

The only reason Gus might take this deal is if he thinks he'd get another good coaching job offer either this year or next.  If he's smart, he laughs off these overtures and makes AU pay full price to see the back of him. 

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Brandon specifically said that he believes Auburn thought Gus would say no , leading them to create the idea that they tried everything to workout , but he refused to compromise. The only problem is Gus actually agreed to principle 🤦🏾‍♂️

His words , not mine 

28 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Could you imagine being one of the assistant coaches right now?

Just remember too....the crap that started this mess happened DURING SECCG week last year.  Wonder how the coaches and players felt that week too?  They sure didn't play like they were physically and mentally prepared...

I'm over Gus.  Thinking about him continuing as Auburn's coach in 2019 isn't much better than thinking about my visit to the chemo chair next week.  Either makes me wanna puke.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Running the same double reverse pass two weeks in a row has to be a close second.

6 different players taking snaps against Clemson has to be up there!

20 minutes ago, AURealist said:

The only reason Gus might take this deal is if he thinks he'd get another good coaching job offer either this year or next.  If he's smart, he laughs off these overtures and makes AU pay full price to see the back of him. 

Trading half his pay out, for an avenue to resign freely- if another school wants to hire him that couldn't pony up the 7 mil.

Is this what it's all about?

3 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

6 different players taking snaps against Clemson has to be up there!

See that was Gus's idea of trying to develop QBs. Everyone has a fit after the Clemson game so he stops all together. Then people say he doesn't develop QBs. Gus can't catch a break.:dunno:

Archived