PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has any true representative of Auburn, currently involved in whatever may or may not be going on actually been quoted regarding anything?

Or is ALL of this simply coming from media...err, journalists tweets?

I'm as anxious as everyone for a solution (the only acceptable one being Gus is gone IMO) but seems all this is still just media contradicting media so far.

Am I wrong?

6 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The Cleveland Browns think we're dysfunctional.

They should have never let Kevin Costner go as GM. He could make some great trades. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i believe that as well. if he is retained i will continue to pull for my tigers unlike some on here. my problem is he has been here six years and it has not happened yet. i cannot imagine how hard it is to coach scared for your job.

I will continue to pull for Auburn too but I don't anticipate things getting better and you know why. I also don't see anything resembling him coaching scared for his job. He is a wealthy man. It would be about pride in my opinion. 

The apparent restrictions seem to be set up to be able to "Les Miles" Gus after game 4 next year.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

The apparent restrictions seem to be set up to be able to "Les Miles" Gus after game 4 next year.

Eat grass? Carry off the field high on the shoulders of teenagers? Botch a firing and be stuck for an extra year?

27 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I said basically the same thing in another thread a few weeks ago.  It didn't sit well with my fellow posters.

Why not go "All In" and agree to a reduced salary? On second thought, how about just winning more games and the salary won't be an issue!

13 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

No way he can meet expectations if goes 11-1 they can fire for the one loss, this will kill recruiting. The extension was stupid this is the cherry 🍒 on top.

Eh, if he goes 11-1 next year, that's fine so long as we don't give him another buyout. Because if he did that and then falls flat in 2020, we can fire him, with extra money taken off the buyout. Win-win.

21 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

All this is is a year long firing . That’s it 

This really sums it up perfectly in a nice little bow.

1 minute ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

No man with any pride would take these terms- may be a ploy to make him quit?

Well then you don't know Gus then..........

This is a statement not about a coach one way or the other, it's about the decision makers at AU. The PTB are doing damage to the Auburn football program by allowing this kind of thing to play out in public, yet again. They signed a contract and now they're not happy about it, we get it. Well they need to either honor the terms of the contract or renegotiate it. Make a decision one way or the other and put this thing to bed. Then make a public statement and the sooner the better. This is no way to do business. 

I don't understand this one bit. If I'm Gus Malzahn, what incentive is there to accept a lower buyout? Especially when the negotiations involve hamstringing my ability to coach and knowing that this is a ploy to fire me down the road? And what incentive is there to recruit and produce next year?

I sincerely hope this story is BS. Take Malzahn out of the equation. What would it say about a program that doesn't honor its contracts and would risk tanking its flagship program in order to save a few million dollars and win a pissing contest?

That'd be worse than any punishment the NCAA could levy...

Pay the man what you've agree to pay him and cut bait, or, stand behind the man 100% and get out of the way. But if everything this story reports is true and comes to fruition, we can kiss Auburn Football goodbye. Maybe we could come back one day playing at the FCS level... 

20 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Eat grass? Carry off the field high on the shoulders of teenagers? Botch a firing and be stuck for an extra year?

Uh...  That last one there...

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

What if Gus really has his heart in the right place and he really thinks he can turn it around?  What if he thinks we didn’t think we got our money’s worth and he is trying to do the right thing by agreeing to the reduced buyout?  Most on this board want to think the worst about him but I for one think maybe he’s doing his best to make it right.  

Here's the thing ... I truly believe that Gus is a good man. Take out all of the football crap and most everyone likes him as a person. 

That's not the issue here, though. He is NOT a good HC, he is in so far above his head and won't do anything to fix that. He had his chance two years ago when he hired CL. He told all the fans what they wanted to hear that CL was gonna come in, he was gonna take his hands off of the offense and be the CEO that he should have been. And we all ate that crap up like it was the best damn lobster we've ever had. And then the first half of the year started like crap, he put his hands firmly around that playbook and never let up. We got all excited, once again, when he beat the leg humpers and the turds ... and what happened? He effed us again on the football side.

Don't give me that crap about how he's doing this for Auburn. He's doing it for himself. I believe that he believes that he's gonna turn this around but how many times does he have to fool the fans before EVERYONE realizes that he's a phony and doesn't deserve the title of Head Coach at Auburn? He had his chance to do what was right and squandered it away. 

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Eh, if he goes 11-1 next year, that's fine so long as we don't give him another buyout. Because if he did that and then falls flat in 2020, we can fire him, with extra money taken off the buyout. Win-win.

What makes you think, with what we have coming back, we can be 11-1 next year? We could possibly be 7-5 next year or worse..:

7 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I don't understand this one bit. If I'm Gus Malzahn, what incentive is there to accept a lower buyout? Especially when the negotiations involve hamstringing my ability to coach and knowing that this is a ploy to fire me down the road? And what incentive is there to recruit and produce next year?

I sincerely hope this story is BS. Take Malzahn out of the equation. What would it say about a program that doesn't honor its contracts and would risk tanking its flagship program in order to save a few million dollars and win a pissing contest?

That'd be worse than any punishment the NCAA could levy...

Pay the man what you've agree to pay him and cut bait, or, stand behind the man 100% and get out of the way. But if everything this story reports is true and comes to fruition, we can kiss Auburn Football goodbye. Maybe we could come back one day playing at the FCS level... 

Yep.  The deal is the deal.  Pay the man.

Archived