PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Trading half his pay out, for an avenue to resign freely- if another school wants to hire him that couldn't pony up the 7 mil.

Is this what it's all about?

That's my take on the rumors, but who knows if this is real or just a group nightmare?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Auburn has an air heads for a president and AD. Why? cause it seems like he's going to keep Malzahn and Malzahn will not make any changes on the offense. Ok boys and girls, get yourself ready for another 7 or 8 win season in 2019.

• WarTiger changed the title to PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

This has been a nightmare. If this same staff is calling shots next year, we're doomed. Auburn will be lucky to be 7-5 next year. Alabama and Georgia will still be the powerhouses they are this year, so thats 2 potential losses; Orgeron has Gus's number so chalk up loss #3; Oregon could be #4. Then, you figure he'll lose to someone he shouldn't. Thanks, Leath. You just made me NOT look forward to Auburn football next year. 

This sounds like a bunch of click bait garbage from Marcello, Marshall, and Moon. There's no way any sane human being forfeits $10-15 MILLION  dollars just to try and win. This is all crap. If what they reported isn't true (Stoops, lower buyout), I'll never trust a word they say.

5 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Just Auburn Being Auburn

Just atrocious butt awful folks!

34 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Seems like Auburn has an air heads for a president and AD. Why? cause it seems like he's going to keep Malzahn and Malzahn will not make any changes on the offense. Ok boys and girls, get yourself ready for another 7 or 8 win season in 2019.

More like 7 LOSS season...

This is the perfect storm to destroy the football program. Good grief Leath....did you get your PhD. from a Sears mail order catalog? please, someone take away Leath's idiot pills and show him and Gus the door before midnight tonight.

4 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

This sounds like a bunch of click bait garbage from Marcello, Marshall, and Moon. There's no way any sane human being forfeits $10-15 MILLION  dollars just to try and win. This is all crap. If what they reported isn't true (Stoops, lower buyout), I'll never trust a word they say.

Haven't seen any evidence that this is a made-up conspiracy. TV media is also reporting it now.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

This is the perfect storm to destroy the football program. Good grief Leath....did you get your PhD. from a Sears mail order catalog? please, someone take away Leath's idiot pills and show him and Gus the door before midnight tonight.

There needs to be a serious FIRE LEATH movement complete with real pitchforks on the Plains!

14 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Some family friends of ours have done work for Gus in the past.  From all accounts, he's a nice guy but not your normal cat.  Remember, his dream was never to make millions and coach college ball.  It was to be a High School coach in Texas.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Some family friends of ours have done work for Gus in the past.  From all accounts, he's a nice guy but not your normal cat.  Remember, his dream was never to make millions and coach college ball.  It was to be a High School coach in Texas.

I hate cats.

5 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

Honestly, where is Allen Green with all this going on? He is the AD, right? Has he already quit?

See other thread.  Not his battle to fight.  He didn't sign or negotiate the contract and likely doesn't want Gus, but is being over-ruled by his boss.

57 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

Well if he agrees then he’s gone next year with the schedule not in his favor. 

With our luck he would win a natty and tell Auburn to go pound sand since there would be no buyout 😬

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

See other thread.  Not his battle to fight.  He didn't sign or negotiate the contract and likely doesn't want Gus, but is being over-ruled by his boss.

BS - He is the freaking AD!

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

With our luck he would win a natty and tell Auburn to go pound sand since there would be no buyout 😬

And people would here would love it because he was gone, even if it meant going to the championship over 25% of his years here. 

If he does get retained, I’d love (for multiple reasons) for us to have a playoff run and take it all. The melt down and backtracking on here would be entertaining.

A guy can hope 🤷‍♂️

Just now, AU-24 said:

The AD can be over ruled by the President.  Leath made this mess.  It's his to clean up, not Greene's.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

The AD can be over ruled by the President.  Leath made this mess.  It's his to clean up, not Greene's.

You must be Greens wife! If you think all of this makes him look good, you are mistaken!

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Don’t hire someone to handle athletics, only to not let them handle athletics. 

The day he was hired, it became “his battle” since it is under his supervision.

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You must be Greens wife! If you think all of this makes him look good, you are mistaken!

1)  Stop acting like a child.  Disagree with me all you want, but do it like an adult.

2)  Greene looking good to me and you doesn't matter.  What matters is how he looks to the money people.  My guess here is they think he's doing just fine.  He went to bat against Leath for Bruce and won.  Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want to go to bat for Gus but knows that Leath would say Gus is staying no matter what.  Why burn that bridge with a coach you may be stuck with against your will?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Little bit different ball game when it’s not the AD’s coach. 

He didn’t hire Bruce Pearl. FBI > 7-5 season as far as fiascos go. 

Greene was on the front line with that adopted coach.

I’d feel completely different if Greene was like a 1-2 year AD and he had been a part of all of this, but he’s not. TBH, Greene is probably smart to get the hell out of dodge and keep his rep before auburn buries it for him, for something he had no control over

Just now, kwagoner said:

Pearl also had a winning track record, an upward trajectory with the program, and large fan/booster support.  Gus lacks in at least the last two areas there.

Just now, kwagoner said:

Bc that adopted coach showed promise, had it not been for Greene, AU would be without Bruce. Gus is showing personally in accepting that deal, how hard he is to deal with, sets you up for a record contract, then sucks, then says hey if u let me keep my job I’ll decrease the buyout and do what you tell me to do

Archived