PM: Gus close to accepting changes to stay (merged threads)

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

He didn’t hire Bruce Pearl. FBI > 7-5 season as far as fiascos go. 

Greene was on the front line with that adopted coach.

This fiasco is way more detrimental to the football program than the fbi is to basketball lol

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You must be Greens wife! If you think all of this makes him look good, you are mistaken!

Is there a reason that anybody that shows any  support for Greene you call them a relative, etc?

The big money donors need to have an 11th hour meeting and let Leath & Greene know that if Gus is not gone by the end of the week, they will pull all of the future funding for the athletic program. Something needs to be done to nip this foolishness in the bud ASAP. Better yet, tell Leath & the AD that they have the money to pay the 15 million now and will help with the rest of the buyout down the road. We will be the laughing stock of the entire SEC and football community nationally. Please let this not happen. 

In many ways this is not fair to Gus. He is being rendered a lame duck and is having  his hands tied to the point of not being able to make whatever changes he thinks he needs to win next year He is a good man, but just has a hard time being the coach we all want him to be and that is a big time winner. This is such a terrible way to handle this situation on all fronts. I love Auburn and want what is best for Auburn and feel Auburn is being dealt in a bad, bad way.

5 hours ago, AURealist said:

Tubs was right.  We're a damned mess.  

Yes Tubs is dead on.  We have issues.  Lots more than people will ever understand.  

So if we have such issues, why does a man as paranoid and egotistical as Gus give up control in his hiring ability and reduce what he gets when, not if, but when he is fired. He is becoming basically his own interim coach. 

He should take $32 million buy half of Arkansas and live like a king.  He can coach high school for free or be an analyst for his friend Morris atArkansas. 

I am lost. This is moronic from every angle 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Is there a reason that anybody that shows any  support for Greene you call them a relative, etc?

Well he his has an axe to grind with Greene but I do agree that since he is the AD he should definitely have a hand in this matter now. Granted Leath has the final say so. Maybe he does and it is just under wraps. I don’t know but this is a crap show and doesn’t look good for anyone in administration.

Just now, DAG said:

Well he his has an axe to grind with Greene but I do agree that since he is the AD he should definitely have a hand in this matter now. Granted Leath has the final say so. Maybe he does and it is just under wraps. I don’t know but this is a crap show and doesn’t look good for anyone in administration.

He should, to some degree yes, I agree. Greene came from a non sports school. It’s hard when it’s not a coach you have any familiarity with that just last season became a top 5 paid cfb coach. Give him a few years here and he’ll be a stud. 

Bc that adopted coach showed promise, had it not been for Greene, AU would be without Bruce. Gus is showing personally in accepting that deal, how hard he is to deal with, sets you up for a record contract, then sucks, then says hey if u let me keep my job I’ll decrease the buyout and do what you tell me to do

My point is that regardless of promise, W-L, etc to say it isn’t his battle to fight (not your comment, I know) is wrong. If he stood up for Bruce, going against his boss, then do it again - whether for or against Gus. It doesn’t matter.... he’s the AD and his voice should be heard and it is his battle with or with out a pat on the back from Pres. It very well could be, just behind closed doors where it belongs.

And I’m not buying the amended contract talk, or Stoops, or much of anything in this frenzy of “information.”

I’m just curious... Josh Moon.. he’s into politics apparently? Why doesn’t he just keep his mouth shut and let whatever happen, happen. Because this has done nothing but cause a complete mess. Recruiting and all. 

Just because use you know stuff doesn’t mean you have to go and tell the world. I know it’s reporters’ jobs, but for those that actually care about Auburn, sure would be nice to just keep it on the D/L. 

Im wishing hard of course.. lol. But this will not turn out well for recruiting.. so good job reporters. Lol 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

He should, to some degree yes, I agree. Greene came from a non sports school. It’s hard when it’s not a coach you have any familiarity with that just last season became a top 5 paid cfb coach. Give him a few years here and he’ll be a stud. 

I think he is already showing promise tbh. Just hate this silly mess we are in. There should’ve just been a hard decision made. I guess the decision was made but it will be at the expense of next year football season. 

The fact that Gusto would accept these terms to remain as Auburn's head coach, proves beyond any shadow of doubt, that he is a "beta-male". LOL. I wouldn't doubt that he would do it.

1 minute ago, tigerchris said:

Gus was telling recruits today that he will be the coach next year.

Well he will be 

Just now, kwagoner said:

My point is that regardless of promise, W-L, etc to say it isn’t his battle to fight (not your comment, I know) is wrong. If he stood up for Bruce, going against his boss, then do it again - whether for or against Gus. It doesn’t matter.... he’s the AD and his voice should be heard and it is his battle with or with out a pat on the back from Pres. It very well could be, just behind closed doors where it belongs.

And I’m not buying the amended contract talk, or Stoops, or much of anything in this frenzy of “information.”

The situations are different though, fbi invesgation vs a guy who finessed AU into a top 5 paid coach contract with aridiculous buyout. 

I agree it should be heard. But if anything, I am pissed off at the situation this administration has put a new AD in. Greene couldn’t have been put in a worse position coming in than what’s happened with basketball and now football

2 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

I’m just curious... Josh Moon.. he’s into politics apparently? Why doesn’t he just keep his mouth shut and let whatever happen, happen. Because this has done nothing but cause a complete mess. Recruiting and all. 

Just because use you know stuff doesn’t mean you have to go and tell the world. I know it’s reporters’ jobs, but for those that actually care about Auburn, sure would be nice to just keep it on the D/L. 

Im wishing hard of course.. lol. But this will not turn out well for recruiting.. so good job reporters. Lol 

Hiding or holding onto information to protect Auburn isn't in the job definition of any reporter on earth.  AU needs to better, not the reporters.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think he is already showing promise tbh. Just hate this silly mess we are in. There should’ve just been a hard decision made. I guess the decision was made but it will be at the expense of next year football season. 

He’s been put in a worse position than almost any major program AD coming in I’ve ever seen between b-ball, football, and a year removed from the softball scandal

The situations are different though, fbi invesgation vs a guy who finessed AU into a top 5 paid coach contract with aridiculous buyout. 

I agree it should be heard. But if anything, I am pissed off at the situation this administration has put a new AD in. Greene couldn’t have been put in a worse position coming in than what’s happened with basketball and now football

THIS RIGHT HERE

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We look like fools for this contract, but I cannot fault Gus. If I found some idiot that wanted to pay me a mere $1,000,000/year to do my job, I’m taking that fool’s check to the bank every week.

Just now, kwagoner said:

We look like fools for this contract, but I cannot fault Gus. If I found some idiot that wanted to pay me a mere $1,000,000/year to do my job, I’m taking that fool’s check to the bank every week.

You can’t fault Gus or Sexton, it’s a business. The fact the AU administration agreed to this is what’s nuts, and these guys are supposedly “smart” and  have masters or PHD’s. Just shows you that schooling doesn’t teach you real life stuff

I said it way back and I’ll say it again. I would’ve offered Gus more base salary/incentives, but no extension etc. basically calling his bluff to go to Arkansas. Now it’s looking like it would’ve been best for both parties had he left.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I said it way back and I’ll say it again. I would’ve offered Gus more base salary/incentives, but no extension etc. basically calling his bluff to go to Arkansas. Now it’s looking like it would’ve been best for both parties had he left.

At some point the pendulum will have to swing away from the excessive salaries. It is already beyond ridiculous. This is the best way.

Just now, kwagoner said:

At some point the pendulum will have to swing away from the excessive salaries. It is already beyond ridiculous. This is the best way.

It’s almost like you have to put a coach on an nfl type rookie deal. Prove yourself and you’ll get a new deal after 4 years based on performance 

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Non-sports school?!  Buffalo's playing in their conference championship this weekend. 😉😉

Seriously though.... I'm not deep enough to understand the workings of Admin but until someone official is officially quoted, or gives a press conference I'm guessing none of us knows who's ACTUALLY doing what.   Could be wrong, of course but it's hard for me to judge these people based on what media personnel are saying (with zero quotes).

Not saying something is not going on....just not sure ANYONE knows what exactly....

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Non-sports school?!  Buffalo's playing in their conference championship this weekend. 😉😉

Seriously though.... I'm not deep enough to understand the workings of Admin but until someone official is officially quoted, or gives a press conference I'm guessing none of us knows who's ACTUALLY doing what.   Could be wrong, of course but it's hard for me to judge these people based on what media personnel are saying (with zero quotes).

Not saying something is not going on....just not sure ANYONE knows what exactly....

I completely agree, but on the first paragraph, I meant in relation to Auburn 😜

Will we be able to afford to fire him next year? I'm envisioning him staying on long enough to make our roster so bad that no even decent coach wants to come.

We MUST avoid becoming what TN became.

Archived