***Early NSD Discussion Thread***

ellitor

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So... and don't throw tomatoes at me... if Bo ever becomes a stud can someone please make a sign that reads, "Hooked on BoNix"

I guess it is time to break out the old "GO BO GO" stickers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Another big get on the O-Line so now we wait for O-Line surprises may they make this a merry season.

I hope so. I think we may have to wait until Feb for some more OL. 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Wish Jones had the wingspan to be a tackle. But hopefully he can help sure up the inside of the line. 

@ellitor, I've seen Osborne listed as both a tackle and a guard. Are we actually going to use him as a tackle? Or will he be brought inside? I know wingspan has a lot to do with if they are used inside or outside. What's the word on Osborne? Will we be keeping him on the outside or will we move him inside?

Edited by Auburn2Eugene
  • Like 1

Just now, ALLINtheFamily said:

I guess it is time to break out the old "GO BO GO" stickers

I hate BOGO, the wife always gets like 6 things of Jiff Peanut Butter because she can't resist a deal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I hope so. I think we may have to wait until Feb for some more OL. 

Or later for a GT OT if we miss on Tommy Kennedy today.

Keiondre Jones is a big time guard and has also been one of our more vocal, all-in type recruits. I'll be keeping an eye on him. Could be a real leader for us in a couple years. That was something that was sorely lacking from our interior this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I hate BOGO, the wife always gets like 6 things of Jiff Peanut Butter because she can't resist a deal!

DUDE. What is that??!?!?! If she doesn't already know about the Ibotta app, DO NOT let her find out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I've seen Osborn listed as both a tackle and a guard. Are we actually going to use him as a tackle? Or will he be brought inside? I know wingspan has a lot to do with if they are used inside or outside. What's the word on Osborn? Will we be keeping him on the outside or will we move him inside?

Been post a lot. Gus likes him as an OT.

Analysts see him as a OG though FWIW.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Keiondre Jones is a big time guard and has also been one of our more vocal, all-in type recruits. I'll be keeping an eye on him. Could be a real leader for us in a couple years. That was something that was sorely lacking from our interior this season. 

this x1000. Jones has that "it" factor that o-lineman need. Confident, mean, leadership. Great get by AU!

Just now, McLoofus said:

I agree. Reminds me of Jalil Irvin from last class. Especially about the "vocal all-in type."

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Sorry E this is the extent of me following recruiting. Ever since we missed on Booth, I've separated myself from that side. Until they sign, no need getting worked up or excited about any of these kids. 

I just knew I have seen him listed as an OT from us, but as an OG from other places.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Damn! WVU thought they had him locked up.Lol

I’m surprised he picked Colorado State over WVU.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm so excited for/about Hall. I have really wanted him ever since I saw the thread on him start. Was really disappointed when I saw we were slow playing him. He has the build and the motor to be a Holland type edge rusher. Awesome to get more Mississippi boys and our first Virginia kid in a long long time.

I don't think the idea that we were slow playing Hall was anything but internet drivel. You don't slow play a kid who has been your #1 target at a position from the start. There's been so much stuff flying around that in many cases, you just have to apply the adage: "If it doesn't make any sense it's probably not true." Slow playing Hall never made any sense so I pretty much ignored the idea.

• Like 2

Commit Reset. Still waiting on NLIs from

5* LB Owen Pappoe
4* Buck Derick Hall
3* S Nehemiah Pritchett
& Maybe 4* ATH Jashawn Sheffield.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May not be a choice here. Our options at OT are very slim.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That's ultra shocking. He could of tore it up at WVU. Especially with Jennings and Sills leaving. 

Of course losing Greer would of hurt them a lot as well.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Sorry E this is the extent of me following recruiting. Ever since we missed on Booth, I've separated myself from that side. Until they sign, no need getting worked up or excited about any of these kids. 

I just knew I have seen him listed as an OT from us, but as an OG from other places.

Fair enough & my apologies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DivisionN said:

Where is Papoe? I saw where he "early committed" but I don't see his name on a dotted line anywhere. 

Signing ceremony at Braves Stadium for the local kids later today.

2 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

Where is Papoe? I saw where he "early committed" but I don't see his name on a dotted line anywhere

He has a ceremony later in the morning/day

Edit E beat me to it

Edited by Auburn2Eugene