***Early NSD Discussion Thread***

ellitor

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

No according to Jeffrey Lee. I think it was not Rivals when Campbell committed before 2002. 

Either way - it shows how rarely we sign a top Qb. 

JLee is wrong as usual. Rivals has been around since 1999 but deleted their records from 1999-2001 for some reason. Trust me. Rivals was around & had Jason a 5*.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Osborne is a good get but he is not an OT at this level, looks to be more interior lineman

I agree but I think he could be the Robert Leff type of OT in the future. He seems to have the height and arm length if he can be coached up. Will definitely have to work on his feet and pad level but that can be said for most HS O-Linemen

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Whoever is talking these TE's into coming to Auburn, to play for Gus, could sell a ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves. 

Coach Porter says HI!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

****noticed he is now listed as OL and not OT*****

FWIW AU doesn't differentiate between OT, OG, & C on signee tweets. Just list them all as OL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Whoever is talking these TE's into coming to Auburn, to play for Gus, could sell a ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves. 

Larry Porter is a BOSS! Right @GwillMac6?

• Love 1

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree but I think he could be the Robert Leff type of OT in the future. He seems to have the height and arm length if he can be coached up. Will definitely have to work on his feet and pad level but that can be said for most HS O-Linemen

I love his nasty and agree with you on his feet, pad level.  I wasn't sure about his arms.   A great frame to work with and not a lot of bad weight which is a huge plus.  Lets hope so.

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Not to ride on @bigbird's tail feathers but we would be just fine with another Leff at RT if the rest of the OL is in good shape. 

• Thanks 1

We have a QB with a quick release two TE's who can catch and block so we don't have to sub one for the other to give away what we are going to do. This plus our WR's we need to incorporate a more modern passing attack that also gets the ball out quick and helps the O-line. I am tickled with players signing now lets use them.  Surprisingly I think we will this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I love his nasty and agree with you on his feet, pad level.  I wasn't sure about his arms.   A great frame to work with and not a lot of bad weight which is a huge plus.  Lets hope so.

If I am wrong we still get a good interior which we also need. 

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Did I miss, has Owen signed?

Not yet. Signing Ceremony for the local kids at the Braves Stadium late this morning/early afternoon.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

two TE's who can catch and block...now let's use them

I completely agree. Lutz and to a lesser extent CJU were the last TEs we have actually used. Hopefully at least one of them can get some passes thrown their way

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Some unknowing fans may balk at this signing. Little do they know he’s a slightly more athletic Ryan Davis.

Have watched him play the last two years and I think he's actually better than the guy going to uat.  This guy gets open and catches everything!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Staff has dealt with a lot and still kept most of these kids . They have done a great job on the trail 

This deserves a repost. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Another big get on the O-Line so now we wait for O-Line surprises may they make this a merry season.