Looks like we’re about to land someone

Or already have privately.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

E don't tease us!

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

E, if you had to predict our next public commitment, who would it be?

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

E don't tease us!

I don't know. But I have followed this recruiting game a long time & much like a good poker player I have picked up on some signs & verbage & what they likely mean.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

E, if you had to predict our next public commitment, who would it be?

Can't really say with what may be going down right now after today's camp.

Do we have a chance for Evan Neal the bit OT?  I see we have offered, but have not heard much about him.

19 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do we have a chance for Evan Neal the bit OT?  I see we have offered, but have not heard much about him.

To be honest Doc, I have never heard of him. I only pay attention to the recruits Auburn reporters interview. I don’t recall him being interviewed by Auburn reporters.

Was this a position specific camp or just an individual camp?

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Was this a position specific camp or just an individual camp?

Neither. It was an all inclusive mostly underclassman camp.

• Thanks 1

OP updated

Changes made:

Added class number.
Changed recruits committed to other schools from highlight to purple
Added & dropped some names
Combined SDE & DT to 1 category since Garner likes to get some SDEs that can play DT.

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-kingsley-eguakun-miami/amp

SEC Country

Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country Kingsley

Eguakun is committed to Miami, but has taken two Auburn visits.
Auburn giving Miami OL pledge Kingsley Eguakun ‘something to think about’

Welcome to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers football recruiting notebook with Auburn recruiting beat writer Benjamin Wolk. It’s Sunday, and SEC Country has an update on a Miami commit interested in Auburn. Also, here are official visit updates on Keiondre Jones and Jalen Curry.

Auburn giving Miami pledge ‘something to think about’ 
Kingsley Eguakun visited Auburn in early March. At the time, the visit appeared to be nothing more than a trip to check things out. He’d taken a few of those to other schools since committing to Miami. The visit to the Plains seemed to be another.

But according to the Jacksonville, Fla., prospect, he had a feeling after that initial Auburn trip that he’d be back.

“Oh yeah, I knew,” Eguakun said. “Auburn, it’s just somewhere I could see myself playing and going to the university.”

Eguakun returned last week for Big Cat Weekend with his mother and brother. The family stayed overnight, well into Sunday, which allowed them to spend additional personal time with offensive line coach J.B. Grimes and other members of the Auburn staff.

One fact became clear: His second visit wouldn’t be his last.

Eguakun told Auburn coaches after he left that he wanted to take an official visit in the fall.

“I’ll take an official during the season,” Eguakun said. “I had a good time with all the coaches. The coaches, they’re great guys. They’re great like the guys in Miami. The campus is another great aspect of the university. And then there’s a great football tradition at Auburn.”

Eguakun made that Miami commitment on Jan. 12. The 3-star prospect made both Auburn visits after that pledge. A few other schools have offered Eguakun and shown interest, but as of now, the Tigers are the only true threat to his Hurricanes commitment.

Eguakun’s expected official visit in the fall will loom large.

“They’re definitely giving me something to think about, but I don’t really know how close it is. Miami is still Miami for me, and Auburn’s still Auburn,” he said.

Keiondre Jones wraps up official visit to Auburn
Keiondre Jones has visited Auburn countless times the last few years.

Over the weekend, Jones made his one permissible official visit to the Plains.

The 4-star guard from Hogansville, Ga., arrived on Friday with his mother and brother. Jones is familiar with what the Tigers have to offer. He’s been to games, practices and other recruiting events, including Big Cat Weekend last week.

The official visit gave him some more in-depth solo time with Auburn coaches.

Jones isn’t taking interview requests as he wraps up his end-of-summer official visits.

One source, however, said Auburn feels like it’s in the driver’s seat as the dead period approaches. Jones will take an official visit to Florida next weekend, but Auburn sees Clemson as the bigger threat if Jones were to choose a school other than Auburn.

Playing in Auburn’s favor is Clemson’s official visit strategy. Clemson doesn’t host spring/summer official visits. Jones planned to make a decision before the start of his senior season. He won’t be able to officially visit Clemson before the season, so if those Tigers remain in it, Jones likely will push his decision-making process into the season.

My Crystal Ball pick remains on Auburn, and it’s not likely to change.

Elite WR on verge of early-week official visit to Auburn
Jalen Curry’s recruitment kicked off with an Auburn camp offer two years ago.

Everything will come full circle on Monday.

The 4-star wide receiver from Houston — who holds close to 40 offers — will make an official visit from Monday to Wednesday. It’ll be his first known trip to the Plains since that camp visit two summers ago, but that hasn’t stopped the Tigers from making an impression on Curry.

He has said for a while he wanted to make it to Auburn for an official visit. Curry’s relationship with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns has grown stronger over the years despite the lack of on-campus visits. This week will be an opportunity to take his Auburn interest to the next level.

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound receiver appears to be looking out of state, and in the SEC, more than anything else right now. Tennessee is the perceived favorite to land him, but Auburn, Ole Miss and LSU are also showing serious interest.

While Auburn originally planned for a two-receiver class, the Tigers added Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.) receiver Ja’Varrius Johnson over the weekend after a camp, joining longtime pledge George Pickens. Johnson’s addition doesn’t alter Auburn’s recruitment of other elite, big-bodied wide receivers.

Curry and Georgia commit Jadon Haselwood are at or near the top of that list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AU offered the #1 Juco LB yesterday, Lakia Henry. He's committed to the Vols.

• Like 1

@ellitor any concern we should have with us dipping back into the JUCO ranks?  Are guys not developing like we expected?

If a kid can’t get our name right should we pull the offer? ? This University of Auburn stuff drives me crazy!

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

This University of Auburn stuff drives me crazy!

I think it's funny & even more funny some of our fan base gets bent out of shape about it. Not saying you are bent. I just see people go ballistic about it on twitter.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ellitor said:

I think it's funny & even more funny some of our fan base gets bent out of shape about it. Not saying you are bent. I just see people go ballistic about it on twitter.

Not bent, just think if you want to play for a team you should know their name! It’s like applying for a job and calling the company by the wrong name. I also think it’s kind of funny, and I’m just waiting for the U of A jokes to come.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@ellitor any concern we should have with us dipping back into the JUCO ranks?  Are guys not developing like we expected?

Not ellitor, but I can't imagine any reason for concern about us recruiting the #1 juco LB or #3 juco DE in the country. Guys like that are simply really, really good football players that will be ready to help us win games day 1. It's not often that we're not going to want guys like that or at least give them a hard look no matter what our current roster situation is. IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Not bent, just think if you want to play for a team you should know their name! It’s like applying for a job and calling the company by the wrong name. I also think it’s kind of funny, and I’m just waiting for the U of A jokes to come.

Except our company is out there begging these guys to apply. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Not ellitor, but I can't imagine any reason for concern about us recruiting the #1 juco LB or #3 juco DE in the country. Guys like that are simply really, really good football players that will be ready to help us win games day 1. It's not often that we're not going to want guys like that or at least give them a hard look no matter what our current roster situation is. IMO. 

DWyS.gif

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, toddc said:

If a kid can’t get our name right should we pull the offer? ? This University of Auburn stuff drives me crazy!

I hear next year they are reviving the old University of Auburn vs. the Alabama University in the Bowl of Iron game to be played in Birmingham on the Field of Legion. Apparently Tickets are already sold out and the game is only be on the radio. 

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I hear next year they are reviving the old University of Auburn vs. the Alabama University in the Bowl of Iron game at Birmingham to be played at the Field of Legion. 

Nice Yoda-eze

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

DWyS.gif

Hey!  Remember no gifs allowed!  Or else the gif police will hunt you down and gut you like a fish!

2EF55E75-68FF-4233-83EB-6E8DA0B3EED4.gif

Edited by abw0004

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

DWyS.gif

The only problem is that we also recruited and won the #1 JUCO TE last year and we see how that turned out...  Not saying these guys are same, just saying...

• Thanks 1

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

The only problem is that we also recruited and won the #1 JUCO TE last year and we see how that turned out...  Not saying these guys are same, just saying...

Well he in actuality is not a TE. He's a WR. Also since TEs are being used less & less at a lot of levels comparing the "#1" Juco TE is not necessarily the same as the #1 LB or SDE. Every team needs LBs & SDEs. Not every team needs a TE anymore.

Also Sal was the #2 Juco TE, not #1.

• Like 1