Men vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last 3 minutes of the half and AU did NOT take care of the ball......some really bad ball handling....

So far, the best player for UK...

The guys in stripes. 

So far our best player...

yet to be determined.

Everything is going wrong and it’s still a close game. We are playing sloppy and missing shots, and the officiating has been terrible. Doubt the officiating will be better in the second half, so we are going to have to play better.

Game should be tied. Some of you will say “we can’t blame the officials every game.”

We can blame a few UK baskets and a few not AU baskets that half. Missed travels for them, they go over the back, no call fouls..... 

We certainly didn’t end the half making the best decisions. Gonna need to play smarter and more under control in half 2. Wish we get a consistently called game at Auburn Arena though. 

I haven't been able to watch the game but let me guess...defense doesn't look the same? Rebounding problems? At least one of the guards locked up? Guards haven't been getting any open shots? 

When Bryce starts dribbling, especially in any kind of traffic, he is a turnover waiting to happen.  Ky is not playing that good, but we are just throwing the game away. 

14 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Horace is a liability right now. That's three possessions with a travel by him. 

For the record, I think only one of them was really a travel.

#justiceforauburn Just because it's Kentucky doesn't mean they can be allowed to do just mug us and tote the rock like their best Benny Snell impression.

Just now, cole256 said:

I haven't been able to watch the game but let me guess...defense doesn't look the same? Rebounding problems? At least one of the guards locked up? Guards haven't been getting any open shots? 

Sums it up pretty well, and of course, Bryce is being Bryce.

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Bryce is a liability right now too. 

Bryce just has an “attitude” this year that seems to rub me the wrong way. I love Bryce, but after the NC state game (where he had a pretty bad game) and he basically wants to shout out his critics instead of being humble. From a senior, that’s supposed to be a leader, just rubbed the wrong way. The guy is a hell of a player but things just feel off this season

UK is out-quicking us all over the court causing too many fouls.  On offense we look like we're running in sand.   Turnovers are killing us.  Not a good half of basketball.  How many games do we win when we score less than 30 in the first half?  

F Kentucky for getting away with garbage fouls and **** Reese Davis. He had to drop in a little comment in retort to something Bruce Pearl said at half time to the reporter about Auburn selling out every home game. Bruces response was in response to reporter asking if Auburn was too jacked up. Reese made a comment along the lines of well Kentucky travels well and represents everywhere. Hes a Bama homer piece of trash and it came through right there to me. Anything to undercut Auburn. Wondered if anyone else noticed it. 

Archived