Another Good Jobs Report

Proud Tiger

The January job report is another good one. Man this economy Obama started is going like gangbusters:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Unemployment ticked up slightly due to gov't shutdown but overall a good report.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-gains-304000-jobs-at-start-of-2019-as-firms-continue-to-hire-at-blistering-pace-2019-02-01

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Obama did start this economy. 

Look at the data.

I'm pretty sure you guys determined back when the stock market dropped so much that Obama's influence had finally ended.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:04 PM, Grumps said:

I'm pretty sure you guys determined back when the stock market dropped so much that Obama's influence had finally ended.

The data is pretty clear regarding the long term trend.

But volatility has probably increased since Trump was elected.

Even a halfway competent POTUS would be riding a huge wave of popularity with this economy, inherited or not.

What does Trump do?  He shuts down the government because - after the midterms - he doesn't have the votes to pass a (seriously modified) campaign promise.  :laugh:

What a maroon.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Bnt it grown more rapidly in his 24 months as your link indicates.

Yes it has.  But also, when you first see a turnaround on jobs growth, especially after a severe recession, it does tend to be much larger later than it is when the turnaround first begins.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes it has.  But also, when you first see a turnaround on jobs growth, especially after a severe recession, it does tend to be much larger later than it is when the turnaround first begins.

Could be but I doubt there is anything to show that.

Archived