Why Bo could be the right QB

WFE12

Good article IMO and one of the few principled (well lets just say it, non-moronic) analysis' we get annually from sports media re a specific player's outlook for a specific college football program.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, autan said:

Based on what I know or see I sometimes disagree but I trust our staff who see the whole picture.

So did Asa Martin and his family... Just sayin...

9 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think we have a Ben Tate on the roster. We have a couple of pretty good rbs, but I don’t see a Ben Tate. It would be interesting to see that 2009 Offense without an NFL caliber rb.

Boobie is talented and becoming more confident. I think the sky is the limit for him.

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I remember Fannin having pretty significant issues with ball security. I could be thinking of someone else, but for some reason that stands out when I think of him. I agree on Tate. He’s one of my favorite Auburn guys. He was such a workhorse. My favorite rb that has been on the roster in the last 20 years is Bubba Pettway. I love that style of running back. Tate was one of those guys.

I think Fannin had serious shoulder injuries while at Auburn. Like, to the point where he could literally not hold the football tight to his body. 

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You make that statement as if Gus Malzahn the OC and Gus Malzahn the HC were the same person... 

Gus Malzahn the HC lost his juju November 8, 2014 at home against Texas A&M and hasn't been nearly the same as Gus Malzahn the OC since...

All ya had to do was read the next line...

No, I saw you say that you felt that way, but you had just stated that he should be able to replicate what he did with lesser talent. 

One Gus is not like the other.

I am usually a sunshine pumper but I have a bad feeling:

I feel Joey gets the nod for Oregon, which I think is good for Bo.  But Joey will be like a drug for an addict- he will show the staff/Gus just enough, Gus won't give Bo a legit shot.  Joey is a project and I hope he develops FAST.   I fear Gus sticks with Joey b/c he is comfortable with 'those plays' and we underperform for various reasons.   And Gus doesn't play Bo hardly at all, stymying his development (even the 4 games he can play some).  

What I want: Joey to play vs Oregon.   Bo to play games 2 and 3, then the staff eval.    I hope this is the plan from April and the players know the plan, so everyone knows the deal.   It's open competition. 

Archived