Mueller submits full Russia investigation report to DOJ

NolaAuTiger

12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The Barr summary clearly says NO collusion and NO evidence of anything else. So what specifically is he NOT exonerated of except such crap as Dems like Sen. Schitt continue to whine about. He has said over and over he had evidence of collusion but hasn't provided any.

Mueller specifically did not exonerate Trump on Obstruction of Justice charges.  Barr made that conclusion, not Mueller.  There's a difference and it's an important distinction to make.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

Breaking news, a bombshell report, the beginning of the end, we're at a turning point, the walls are closing in on him, is this the tipping point........Does anyone wonder why the media in general has such a poor approval rating?  This video could have gone on for hours and hours with all the crap that has been put on TV about Russia and Collusion.  Russia, Russia, Russia.....😂😂

Thanks for all that crap....I hope the American Public remembers every name on this video that crowed and danced and shouted about the collusion nonsense for 2+ years. These fools should forever more be questioned about their facts, their sources, etc. Nothing they ever report or comment on should ever be held serious ever again. 2 full years plus of bovine excrement...

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Mueller specifically did not exonerate Trump on Obstruction of Justice charges.  Barr made that conclusion, not Mueller.  There's a difference and it's an important distinction to make.

How did Trump obstruct justice? Now if were talking obstruction of justice, we need to be talking about Hillary and her deleting emails and destroying her devices.

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

How did Trump obstruct justice? Now if were talking obstruction of justice, we need to be talking about Hillary and her deleting emails and destroying her devices.

Well....you know actually doing obstruction means you didnt do it, but by not doing it the intention of obstructing justice is clear...or some nonsense to that effect..

Just now, kd4au said:

Did any of y'all actually read the Barr report or are you just spewing nonsense?  Mueller did not implicate or exonerate Trump on obstruction.  He said there wasn't enough to make a clear determination one way or another.

How is this so hard to understand?

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did any of y'all actually read the Barr report or are you just spewing nonsense?  Mueller did not implicate or exonerate Trump on obstruction.  He said there wasn't enough to make a clear determination one way or another.

How is this so hard to understand?

You do understand that he wasnt charged and that there wasnt enough evidence to charge him? For 2+ Years the American People have endured day after day and night after night of these BS charges only to now be told there was really nothing there. Where are all those allegations now? Where are all those sources? Where are all those garbage talking points?

I want to be totally clear here. I still dont like Trump, never have and never will. But some of my brethren on the Left have just seen their HATE blow up in their faces and that may re-elect trump in 2020. They have made every charge of With Hunt valid now. They have made him into a likable victim of their anger to the American People. They may \have let their anger do the very thing they hate the most.

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You do understand that he wasnt charged and that there wasnt enough evidence to charge him? For 2+ Years the American People have endured day after day and night after night of these BS charges only to now be told there was really nothing there. Where are all those allegations now? Where are all those sources? Where are all those garbage talking points?

I want to be totally clear here. I still dont like Trump, never have and never will. But some of my brethren on the Left have just seen their HATE blow up in their faces and that may re-elect trump in 2020. They have made every charge of With Hunt valid now. They have made him into a likable victim of their anger to the American People. They may \have let their anger do the very thing they hate the most.

Have I claimed that he was charged in any way?  Good grief some of you guys are friggin morons.

There is a difference between being totally cleared on collusion (which he was) and not being completely exonerated on obstruction (which he wasn't by Mueller).  It's right there in the damn report, which I've said from day one that I have no problem accepting because of Mueller's impeccable reputation.  The fact that some are trying to spin it for more than what it is cracks me up.

Trump wins on collusion.

Hung jury on obstruction.

Pretty easy to digest.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Have I claimed that he was charged in any way?  Good grief some of you guys are friggin morons.

There is a difference between being totally cleared on collusion (which he was) and not being completely exonerated on obstruction (which he wasn't by Mueller).  It's right there in the damn report, which I've said from day one that I have no problem accepting because of Mueller's impeccable reputation.  The fact that some are trying to spin it for more than what it is cracks me up.
Trump wins on collusion.
Pretty easy to digest.

You arent getting the outrage of 2+ years of BOGUS Charges on hundreds of newscasts. We had 100s of newscasts all bogusly claiming superior knowledge than was available to the American public. We now know all that was garbage. For two years people were slammed, slandered, careers ruined, libeled, etc over what was behind the scenes...NOTHING. Bogus sources, bogus stories, bogus news, bogus work, etc.

41 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

How do you know Mueller didn't since you haven't even seen his report? In any case  not bringing any charges is by definition exoneration. Remember "innocent until proven guilty?" Well you obviously can't be proven guilty of anything unless you are charged with something. Just a desperate narrative by haters who can't stand the Mueller findings as we know them now.

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Trump wins on collusion.

Pretty easy to digest.

David has a tendency to extrapolate or otherwise invent things you never said.

It's a version of "begging the question".

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You arent getting the outrage of 2+ years of BOGUS Charges on hundreds of newscasts. We had 100s of newscasts all bogusly claiming superior knowledge than was available to the American public. We now know all that was garbage. For two years people were slammed, slandered, careers ruined, libeled, etc over what was behind the scenes...NOTHING. Bogus sources, bogus stories, bogus news, bogus work, etc.

No, I don't get the outrage because I have a functioning brain that understands the difference between news and commentary.  Learn to sift through the noise and you'll see that actual reporting on the investigation was pretty accurate.

Also, you should really learn the difference between libel and slander.

It's amazing to me that people still don't see the investigation as a success.  Criminal elements from within our own government (hello Mr. Flynn) were taken out and the democratic process is at the very least getting a stronger public vote of confidence now.  That's never a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

No, I don't get the outrage because I have a functioning brain that understands the difference between news and commentary.  Learn to sift through the noise and you'll see that actual reporting on the investigation was pretty accurate.

Also, you should really learn the difference between libel and slander.

It's amazing to me that people still don't see the investigation as a success.  Criminal elements from within our own government (hello Mr. Flynn) were taken out and the democratic process is at the very least getting a stronger public vote of confidence now.  That's never a bad thing.

And we are talking about RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!! and COLLUSION!!!!!! and 100s of newscasts, not all opinion pieces, going on record that Collusion was in the bag. Brad, I know you just dont want to concede the point here. I get that. But look at it from Trumps view and his supporters views. Who was correct Trump or the media? Trump. He looks like the victim of a mob out to lynch him. We all know this. Today he won huge, Media types once again took it on the chin. This was an investigation about Collusion. The facts surrounding all this gets kudos, but...It's still like expecting the March Madness Crown and getting axed in the first round. 

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

How do you know Mueller didn't since you haven't even seen his report? In any case  not bringing any charges is by definition exoneration. Remember "innocent until proven guilty?" Well you obviously can't be proven guilty of anything unless you are charged with something. Just a desperate narrative by haters who can't stand the Mueller findings as we know them now.

It's literally right in the Barr report.  How are you this lazy?  Here's the direct quote:

After making a “thorough factual investigation” into these matters, the Special Counsel considered whether to evaluate the conduct under Department standards governing prosecution and declination decisions but ultimately determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment. The Special Counsel therefore did not draw a conclusion - one way or the other – as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction. Instead, for each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out evidence on both sides of the question and leaves unresolved what the Special Counsel views as “difficult issues” of law and fact concerning whether the President's actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction. The Special Counsel states that “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And we are talking about RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!! and COLLUSION!!!!!! and 100s of newscasts, not all opinion pieces, going on record that Collusion was in the bag. Brad, I know you just dont want to concede the point here. I get that. But look at it from Trumps view and his supporters views. Who was correct Trump or the media? Trump. He looks like the victim of a mob out to lynch him. We all know this. Today he won huge, Media types once again took it on the chin. This was an investigation about Collusion. The facts surrounding all this gets kudos, but...It's still like expecting the March Madness Crown and getting axed in the first round. 

See, this is where you let others frame the narrative.  The investigation was about Russian interference into our elections.  It's literally laid out that way in the opening of the Barr report.  Stop the outrage and READ THE REPORT.  It's only four pages long so I'm not asking for a huge time investment here.  Collusion was a fraction of the overall investigation. 

Trump definitely won here and he came out with a stronger presidency yesterday than he's had in a while.  But if you let commentators in the media shape your entire world being, then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

Clearing out all the peripheral riff raff is a great secondary thing but the focus of the Mueller Investigation was Collusion...that never happened. 

So YAY!!!!! on the secondary stuff...

and WTF? on the primary...The stuff that has been touted on hundreds if not thousands of hours of cable and countless news articles. 

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

See, this is where you let others frame the narrative.  The investigation was about Russian interference into our elections.  It's literally laid out that way in the opening of the Barr report.  Stop the outrage and READ THE REPORT.  It's only four pages long so I'm not asking for a huge time investment here.  Collusion was a fraction of the overall investigation. 

Trump definitely won here and he came out with a stronger presidency yesterday than he's had in a while.  But if you let commentators in the media shape your entire world being, then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

You are being cuter than a brand new puppy here. You know that Mueller has ended Collusion story and THAT was the driver behind all the news stories, The Secondary Stuff, like i said "Yay!!" But this was supposed to be THE Walls Closing In...THE beginning of the End...THE Turning Point..THE bombshell...and 100 other all totally incorrect reactions by the press. 

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You are being cuter than a brand new puppy here. You know that Mueller has ended Collusion story and THAT was the driver behind all the news stories, The Secondary Stuff, like i said "Yay!!" But this was supposed to be THE Walls Closing In...THE beginning of the End...THE Turning Point..THE bombshell...and 100 other all totally incorrect reactions by the press. 

You really shouldn't buy into the hype David.  :no:

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Your obsession with what the non-reporting press says is sad bro.  Read the AP, Reuters, etc and stop watching cable news.  May find that there's still good journalism being done and not just people yelling at each other.  I haven't watched a single second of news since this report came out.  Instead I chose to read the actual report as written by Barr, find a couple of good non-partisan analysis pieces from law professionals, and go from there.  Try it some time.  Your blood pressure may come down.

And yes, my wife thinks I'm damn cute as well.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

For all of you who are too damn lazy, here's a link to the report.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/24/us/politics/barr-letter-mueller-report.html#g-page-1

This is not the report but a summary by Barr which everyone on the planet has heard about by now.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

This is not the report but a summary by Barr which everyone on the planet has heard about by now.

No dude.  It's the actual Barr report.  Click the show more tabs.  It's also all we have at the moment.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Your obsession with what the non-reporting press says is sad bro.  Read the AP, Reuters, etc and stop watching cable news.  May find that there's still good journalism being done and not just people yelling at each other.  I haven't watched a single second of news since this report came out.  Instead I chose to read the actual report as written by Barr, find a couple of good non-partisan analysis pieces from law professionals, and go from there.  Try it some time.  Your blood pressure may come down.

And yes, my wife thinks I'm damn cute as well.

With your background in journalism, you can undoubtedly relate to my arguing the reality of AGW to people who really don't know what they are talking about.

This is one of the problems with the internet - the other side of the coin, so to speak. All information is everywhere.  Anyone can access - or generate it.  Every man a publisher! 

The problem is most of it is speculation and opinion-based kaka.

Just now, homersapien said:

With your background in journalism, you can undoubtedly relate to my arguing the reality of AGW to people who really don't know what they are talking about.

This is one of the problems with the internet - the other side of the coin, so to speak. All information is everywhere.  Anyone can access - or generate it.  Every man a publisher! 

The problem is most of it is speculation and opinion-based kaka.

There's so much truth here.  If you don't stick to actual news sources, you're doomed to fall into the hyperbole trap.  It's why I rarely watch news to begin with anymore.  Prefer to read the AP wire and get straight sourced info.

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:
11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You really shouldn't buy into the hype David.  :no:

I shouldnt buy into the hype? Wait....What????

Image result for laughing uncontrollably meme

For two fricking years, I have been laughing at you buying into all this hype. 
This may be the Post of the Year...
Me buying into the hype?...this couldnt be a better statement of the level of delusion you live with daily. I never bought one iota of this, nor a jot nor a tittle. I have told you homey, as you rattled on incoherently, that there was nothing here. Mueller just proved that for my last two years of posts etc, I was the one that was correct, not you. I debunked this crap 10,000 times on this forum. 

I think there is an important element here that no one is talking about. The report, along with the indictments, has proven that Russia did meddle in the election and was favoring Trump. With another election coming up, I would hope (but of course not expect) that we can start discussing some solutions around cybersecurity, and liability of social media in hopes of curbing them or another state in the future from doing the same.

Archived