2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

1 hour ago, TigerTale said:

So are we saying that AU coaches have likely told this guy to move on...yet he is still using AU to make it look as if he is actually making a decision next week...when in fact the decision has already been made for him?

@TigerTale Unlikely. It sounds like the staff is giving him a bit more time but if he doesn't make a decision, at least privately before ENSD & tell the staff then AU will not be an option for him on NSD.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Parents too. Let's not just throw kids under the bus here.

Yup, I remember a certain momma all but forcing her kid to not sign with us to protect whatever incentive she may have had waiting for her

One day when we’re all Golf’s age there is going to be some ESPN 30 for 30 exposing just how horrendously corrupt and evil the Turd recruiting machine is. Everyone will act shocked and appalled and we’ll be here rolling our eyes and sipping on “told you so” tea.

Side note, how cool would it be if this site is around 20+ more years. Hope to be bickering with y’all for years. Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Can only play the game for so long. 

Thank God, we should have done this even earlier. Don't let the kids continue to embarrass us at announcements like this. Sue him for defamation if he still tries to have his announcement and pretend like we're still an option for him. The moment he was visiting Bama back-to-back-to back while being 'committed' spoke volumes. Good riddance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Should be a thrilling signing ceremony. Hopefully AU will just quit wasting time at this school and spend that time somewhere there is actually a chance of a player coming here.

• Like 1

He’s gonna end up at Ole Miss, watch what I tell you

Edited by AUinGA44
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm glad we made the decision for him.  At some point you have to send a message to these kids to quit effing around.

Not to sound all doubtful or whatever, but did we make the decision for him or did he choose Bama and we said ✌🏼

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11
1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

Not to sound all doubtful or whatever, but did we make the decision for him or did he choose Bama and we said ✌🏼

We would’ve pulled the offer either way

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

We got tired of a commitment being non-committal as to where he was going.  So decided not to be part of this typical staged bull**** Bama and UGA like to do and tell him he no longer had Auburn as an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

we should have done this even earlier

Unfortunately we couldn't because of the need we had & still have for at least 1 quality high school OT.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

@AidiAU Unless you know something different We made the decision for him. If it was up to him he was going to string us along then pick Bama on ENSD. The kid loves attention in excess & thinks he's better than he is.

• Thanks 1

So glad this finally happened. Tired of these kids playing games and acting like prima donnas. Give me someone like Tank any day of the the week and twice on Sunday’s where he’s gonna be playing one day! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unfortunately we couldn't because of the need we had & still have for at least 1 quality high school OT.

I'm sure Grimes has another one waiting in the wings to replace Cohen.... *sigh*...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I'm sure Grimes has another one waiting in the wings to replace Cohen.... *sigh*...

If only Gus would let him even try. *bigger sigh*

• Like 1

I know we have fallen for this time after time. Bama and Ga. keep doing it to try and make us look bad on signing day. This kid just didn't hide it as well as some of the others. I know people make excuses for these kids because they are kids but they know what they are doing is wrong they are 18 not 10. Glad we pulled the offer. I would assume in the next day or two we will see who is pulling the strings this year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If only Gus would let him even try. *bigger sigh*

As much as I respect you E I am not believing that after we were getting an overflow 4 and 5 star recruits on the oline just a few years ago that CGM would handcuff our oline coach from recruiting quality HS olinemen. That just don't make sense.

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

As much as I respect you E I am not believing that after we were getting an overflow 4 and 5 star recruits on the oline just a few years ago that CGM would handcuff our oline coach from recruiting quality HS olinemen. That just don't make sense.

This has been a known fact for years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AidiAU Unless you know something different We made the decision for him. If it was up to him he was going to string us along then pick Bama on ENSD. The kid loves attention in excess & thinks he's better than he is.

Nope, I know nothing. I just asked because it feels like we ALWAYS are the ones getting publicly burned. Glad we (or whoever) shut that door before it could happen. 

I will FOREVER be salty about Pickens.