2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You might have to make a roster spot somewhere if you know what I mean...make space on the bench....you're not turning down BJ Boston cause you dont have the scholly

well, yeah. I wrote the comment as a joke trying to troll kentucky fans. And then the dude wound up responding to it in his article

16 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

yours truly makes Twitter Tuesday again 

Next time you ask can you ask something like who do they expect to AU to push for at C if we happen to miss on Kessler?

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You might have to make a roster spot somewhere if you know what I mean...make space on the bench....you're not turning down BJ Boston cause you dont have the scholly

I could see the Memphis transfer, Johnson, transferring out should we be presented with such a Nice problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I could see the Memphis transfer, Johnson, transferring out should we be presented with such a Nice problem.

I actually like his potential but yeah that'd make the most sense. I dont envy the tough decisions Bruce may have to make if we hit every name we're looking for, magically 

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't think so if he's the shooter he's been rumored to be. We are lacking right now in that area

On 6/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12 In state Guard/Wing Colby Jones is another name to watch. He has an AU offer & has visited. Also has offers from Bama, Clemson, UGA, & Xavier.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, cole256 said:

Colby Jones is 6'6" and from what I can see could play point......we should be all over him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wouldn't think so if he's the shooter he's been rumored to be. We are lacking right now in that area

I don’t know. I just seen where he is Going to struggle to find playing time this season. That’s not going to get any better with talent that we’re going to be trying to bring in next year. Apparently Flanagan has been a good surprise including really good at shooting the ball. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know. I just seen where he is Going to struggle to find playing time this season. That’s not going to get any better with talent that we’re going to be trying to bring in next year. Apparently Flanagan has been a good surprise including really good at shooting the ball. 

Happy to hear that about Flanagan. I think the points are going to be the easiest thing to replace from the graduations. And maybe Johnson isn't as good of a shooter as they were saying......this is certainly the best time as far as opportunity

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Pretty far down the line to even think about but I’d imagine if he did transfer, then he’d wait until he graduates before he does again. So that’d be the year after the 2020 class most likely. 

Anyway im pretty low key excited to see Jamal Johnson play. Bruce hasn’t missed on a transfer that’s had to sit out. Plus he had some big games as a true frosh for Memphis

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Pretty far down the line to even think about but I’d imagine if he did transfer, then he’d wait until he graduates before he does again. So that’d be the year after the 2020 class most likely.

Don't know. If he gets little to no PT this year he may do it after this season if the cupbard is full of better talent.

25 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Bruce hasn’t missed on a transfer that’s had to sit out.

Kareem Canty says hi.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Kareem Canty was a baller though. Yeah, maybe Bruce misevaluated his character but not his talent 

Character versus talent wasn’t specified in the original premise.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Character versus talent wasn’t specified in the original premise.

That’d be implied when you say can’t miss lol 

thank you for the news about Flanagan tho 

On 6/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12 In state Guard/Wing Colby Jones is another name to watch. He has an AU offer & has visited. Also has offers from Bama, Clemson, UGA, & Xavier.

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been away this week. I thought for sure I had Jones on the OP- I’ll add him now, thanks E.

I believe the whole recruiting business is ugly and does need cleaning up. Basketball in particular with its travel teams and the money supporting those teams. We are starting to see similar things with 7 x 7 football traveling teams. The problem is in most cases it might be against NCAA rules but it is not illegal. Since not illegal you can't tap phones so it is very difficult to prove.  The NCCA is trying to use Institutional Control as the new stick.  In the case of Bruce it is the Person's incident.  Since Person's behavior was not to help Auburn Recruit but was for personal financial reasons I can't see how this would fall into the category of lack of Institutional control.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe the whole recruiting business is ugly and does need cleaning up. Basketball in particular with its travel teams and the money supporting those teams. We are starting to see similar things with 7 x 7 football traveling teams. The problem is in most cases it might be against NCAA rules but it is not illegal. Since not illegal you can't tap phones so it is very difficult to prove.  The NCCA is trying to use Institutional Control as the new stick.  In the case of Bruce it is the Person's incident.  Since Person's behavior was not to help Auburn Recruit but was for personal financial reasons I can't see how this would fall into the category of lack of Institutional control.

I totally agree but I would not bet on it Bruce may not be out of trouble yet even though Bruce had no idea what CP was doing. NCAA rules now make head coaches responsible for wrongdoing within their program. Head coach can't just say I did not know CP was doing this.

My understanding is we may be getting a LOI.........just rumors so lets see what happens

god I hope I'm wrong

I meant to mention earlier there were a couple of interesting crystal ball pics from Duke writers for Boston to Duke and also one Duke writer crystal balled Kessler to Duke.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I meant to mention earlier there were a couple of interesting crystal ball pics from Duke writers for Boston to Duke and also one Duke writer crystal balled Kessler to Duke.

Interesting. Seems like there a fair bit of different information out there about those two.

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I totally agree but I would not bet on it Bruce may not be out of trouble yet even though Bruce had no idea what CP was doing. NCAA rules now make head coaches responsible for wrongdoing within their program. Head coach can't just say I did not know CP was doing this.

My understanding is we may be getting a LOI.........just rumors so lets see what happens

god I hope I'm wrong

No offense but I hate you right now

• Like 1

Director of Basketball Recruiting for 247 Jerry Meyer just picked Kessler to Duke.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

god I hope I'm wrong

They'll nail us if they can. That has been the NCAA's relationship with Auburn for over 60 years and I've seen no indication of change. They tried their damnedest to nail us on the Cam Newton fiasco. Thanks to the previously despised compliance department's nit picking, they couldn't hang anything on us.

If we get the LOI we can pretty much forget all this positive recruiting information. The kids will head off to their 2nd choice and who could blame them?

• Thanks 1