Wolfpack Thread

ellitor

Auburn offenses have always taken the identity of its coach.

predictable play calling like his predictable interviews/coach speak

soft, let’s face it Gus is a sissy, there is nothing about him that makes you think tough, powerful or dominating.  Our offenses have become the same thing.

high school coach as top learning experiences bring high school pr@cticing structure to big boy football.

fancy sports car with all the bells and whistles, but he doesn’t have the balls to drive it how it deserves.  Probably always has foot on the brake.  Top talent all over the offense and doesn’t know how to use it or tune it up to hit peak performance.

”golly gee, shucks, we got to do better making those blocks to execute the play”

”hit that mother f-er in the face and knock his ass over or I will find someone who will, FFS..

feel free to keep adding on

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

There’s a drug test?  Freeze could be in Auburn my brunch tomorrow and on the phone “cruitin” by the time the 2nd round of bottomless mimosas come round.  What are we talking about here?  There’s a drug test?

Your plan stinks:

No to one of Gus's friends.

Definitely no to a giving Freeze a phone.

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Heck just look at somebody like me, back in the day I used to enjoy watching football, even after auburn lost. Now I don’t care to watch any other game after we lose, Bc when we lose we look pathetic 

In the same boat, myself. Before the Gus years I had watched every game since around 97 (as far back as I could remember at least). I didn't watch the Arkansas game and I plan on going back to my statement of not watching another game until Gus is gone. I highly doubt I'll stick to that, unfortunately. I'm like a crack addict.

The Nest of Mice has tried and failed to re-imagine themselves as a pack of wolves.

Now, the game yesterday was disturbing. However, I'm on the Gus Bus as long as Gus is our head football coach. When the next guy takes the position, I'll be on his train, truck, rail car or whatever. That's assuming none of them pull a Bobby Petrino stunt.

Here's the real shame. If not for a botched call to end the game, Arkansas, the team that hadn't won an SEC game in a month of Sundays, and fired the HC that we hired for OC, would now be sitting pretty at 3-1 (and tied for 2nd in the West with A&M) while Auburn would be 1-3 and nursing a very fortunate win against UK, who out performed us for much of the game. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The Nest of Mice has tried and failed to re-imagine themselves as a pack of wolves.

Now, the game yesterday was disturbing. However, I'm on the Gus Bus as long as Gus is our head football coach. When the next guy takes the position, I'll be on his train, truck, rail car or whatever. That's assuming none of them pull a Bobby Petrino stunt.

We do not agree on things but I have nothing against you even though you are still riding the Gus bus. Some fans love Gus and that's fine, some want him gone and that's ok too. We each have our own opinions and that is ok. I love Auburn University and there is not one coach on the face of this earth that is bigger than the university in my eyes. It is ok to love Auburn and not be happy with the coach.  I am not questioning your loyalty, I am simply questioning why would you stay loyal to a man that is not doing his job? Are you ok with being average? How can you justify after 8 years, paying him that much money vs the product he puts on the field? Just curious. 

7 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

We do not agree on things but I have nothing against you even though you are still riding the Gus bus. Some fans love Gus and that's fine, some want him gone and that's ok too. We each have our own opinions and that is ok. I love Auburn University and there is not one coach on the face of this earth that is bigger than the university in my eyes. It is ok to love Auburn and not be happy with the coach.  I am not questioning your loyalty, I am simply questioning why would you stay loyal to a man that is not doing his job? Are you ok with being average? How can you justify after 8 years, paying him that much money vs the product he puts on the field? Just curious. 

I'll support him as long as he's holding the position. That does not extend to retaining him if we have an '08 or '12 type meltdown. My opinion was that there was still a chance that the pieces would fall into place with Gus at the wheel and we'd start having the seasons all of us want. I'd still like for that to happen but as of today, I must admit that the likelihood of such future success appears to be dim.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll support him as long as he's holding the position. That does not extend to retaining him if we have an '08 or '12 type meltdown. My opinion was that there was still a chance that the pieces would fall into place with Gus at the wheel and we'd start having the seasons all of us want. I'd still like for that to happen but as of today, I must admit that the likelihood of such future success appears to be dim.

I get that. I respect your opinion that you think Gus can still turn it around, do not agree with.. but respect it none the less. He very well may win a game or two he shouldn't.. he always pulls out a performance like that when his feet are to the fire.. The problem I have is that we should be competing every single year and looking the part and staying in line with our rivals but we are actually way behind them. 

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Heck just look at somebody like me, back in the day I used to enjoy watching football, even after auburn lost. Now I don’t care to watch any other game after we lose, Bc when we lose we look pathetic 

Dude. I watched the first half of our daddies' game last night because they were playing good football and I'd forgotten what it looked like. And honestly the contrast was shocking. It made me even more aware of just how bad our team is now. But seriously... it was good to watch good football. It was like a shot that hurt like a B but immediately made me feel more normal.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude. I watched the first half of our daddies' game last night because they were playing good football and I'd forgotten what it looked like. And honestly the contrast was shocking. It made me even more aware of just how bad our team is now. But seriously... it was good to watch good football. It was like a shot that hurt like a B but immediately made me feel more normal.

Ha, I watched hoping that I would see that we were closer than my perception after that goat f*** earlier in the day. I turned it off at halftime, more discouraged than when I started

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Are there acceptance requirements?

Just a big too sweet and flip the regime mentality. If you don’t know what the two sweet is here you go…

image.gif

I need a list as to who is all part of this because there are certain individuals I can't be connected to

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

I need a list as to who is all part of this because there are certain individuals I can't be connected to

Seems like pretty much all of us except Mikey.

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

I wonder which list is bigger, lol.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

why does it take a 08-12 type season to let a coach go at Auburn? that's the problem here, Auburn hired a coach that fit a majority of it's fans core value and than throw rocks at certain schools for their success all because their standards does not align with Auburn, and then we sit back and try to figure out why we can't be good.

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

why does it take a 08-12 type season to let a coach go at Auburn? that's the problem here, Auburn hired a coach that fit a majority of it's fans core value and than throw rocks at certain schools for their success all because their standards does not align with Auburn, and then we sit back and try to figure out why we can't be good.

That's literally been the justification offered in the past. That Auburn is just an 8-win school and it's always been that way so it should just keep being that way. Pretty sure Florida, LSU and Clemson were all like that, too. I'm sure they're happy they never tried to get better. 

Insanity.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

I wonder which list is bigger, lol.

Nah contrary to what you might believe plenty of friends on here and we have a good time. Only about 4 people that I really don't even want to speak to, don't believe the hype, I don't even remember half the people that are angry because I say something that's right a few weeks before other peeps say it

On 10/18/2020 at 4:15 AM, auburnphan said:

Auburn offenses have always taken the identity of its coach.

predictable play calling like his predictable interviews/coach speak

soft, let’s face it Gus is a sissy, there is nothing about him that makes you think tough, powerful or dominating.  Our offenses have become the same thing.

high school coach as top learning experiences bring high school pr@cticing structure to big boy football.

fancy sports car with all the bells and whistles, but he doesn’t have the balls to drive it how it deserves.  Probably always has foot on the brake.  Top talent all over the offense and doesn’t know how to use it or tune it up to hit peak performance.

”golly gee, shucks, we got to do better making those blocks to execute the play”

”hit that mother f-er in the face and knock his ass over or I will find someone who will, FFS..

feel free to keep adding on

In this vein of thinking:  

I say we hire Takeo Spikes as the HC and  let him 'influence' his coordinators.   He will sort the grain from the chaff pretty quick.    Attitudes about Auburn would change overnight on the recruitnig trail.

I bet the man would get some commits also.  

18 hours ago, Beaker said:

In this vein of thinking:  

I say we hire Takeo Spikes as the HC and  let him 'influence' his coordinators.   He will sort the grain from the chaff pretty quick.    Attitudes about Auburn would change overnight on the recruitnig trail.

I bet the man would get some commits also.  

yes, this is absurd, but fun to think about...

On 10/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, AuMarine said:

It’s not my, or anyone else’s on this board, decision if he stays or goes. So for that reason, as long as he’s the coach I’ll support him and the team. 

I agree it looks bad right now and there’s a good chance he gets replaced at years end, but until that time comes I’ll continue to support him. 

Archived