Wolfpack Thread

ellitor

12 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I was not saying don't compare AU to these teams.  I said don't compare the numbers.  You can't expect us to be getting same number of touches to the WR if they are not throwing equivalent numbers.  We have not had to throw the ball and likely a lot of that is by design as @abw0004 says because of tFR QB.  I don't care what you say.  6 games does not make him not a tFR.  He has never seen road environments like FL, LSU, etc.  

My point is we have 100 completions compared to the others.  Maybe if we threw it more we would get more completions or maybe we get more INTs.  Noone will ever know because the past is gone.  But with a 100 completions you can't expect 3 receivers with 22 or more receptions.

I posted those stats in response to the comment that "There's only one ball." I know that there is a number disparity. It's my point, actually.

This year it's the freshman. The last couple years it was all screen passes to Davis. The two years before that were a total sugarshow. It's always something.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I posted those stats in response to the comment that "There's only one ball." I know that there is a number disparity. It's my point, actually.

This year it's the freshman. The last couple years it was all screen passes to Davis. The two years before that were a total sugarshow. It's always something.

LOOOOOOOFY!!!!!!!!!! YO BROOOOOO!!! When we are 92 years old and we are in the same retirement home as neighbors WE WANT TO BE BOPPING OUR GREAT GRAND CHILDREN ON OUR knees up and down and tell them about the magical time WHEN AUBURN WENT FROM A RUN FIRST TEAM TO A PASS FIRST!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE BEST AND MOST FUN AND AWESOME TIME OF OUR SPORTS FANDOM!!!!!!!! For so long we were in the BORING AGONIZING run first wilderness AND THEN WE WERE SAVED!!!!!!! BUT HONESTLY WE MAY NOT BE 92 UNTIL WE BECOME A FUN AND EXCITING PASS FIRST TEAM!!!!!!! LAWWWWWWWWD WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS?!?!? IF freaking LSU one of the few teams who had been even MORE run first than us historically becomes a passing juggernaut seemingly over night in 1 off season you knoooooooow it is time for a change fam!!! lol

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOOOOOOOFY!!!!!!!!!! YO BROOOOOO!!! When we are 92 years old and we are in the same retirement home as neighbors WE WANT TO BE BOPPING OUR GREAT GRAND CHILDREN ON OUR knees up and down and tell them about the magical time WHEN AUBURN WENT FROM A RUN FIRST TEAM TO A PASS FIRST!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE BEST AND MOST FUN AND AWESOME TIME OF OUR SPORTS FANDOM!!!!!!!! For so long we were in the BORING AGONIZING run first wilderness AND THEN WE WERE SAVED!!!!!!! BUT HONESTLY WE MAY NOT BE 92 UNTIL WE BECOME A FUN AND EXCITING PASS FIRST TEAM!!!!!!! LAWWWWWWWWD WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS?!?!? IF freaking LSU one of the few teams who had been even MORE run first than us historically becomes a passing juggernaut seemingly over night in 1 off season you knoooooooow it is time for a change fam!!! lol

It's so wild to think about the 2016 LSU game and what it has actually meant for both programs.

Crazy how they fired a national championship coach and they've been wandering in the woods like Tennessee for the last 20 years. Dummies.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's so wild to think about the 2016 LSU game and what it has actually meant for both programs.

Crazy how they fired a national championship coach and they've been wandering in the woods like Tennessee for the last 20 years. Dummies.

SKSKSKSKSKKSKSKSKSKS

werwerrwe.gif

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also,  @GwillMac6 's little G baby bouncing on his knee.

Image result for bouncing kid gif

How conversations between Loofy and his daughter go!!! lol 

weweqwe.gif

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There is some validity in this statement but this far into the year as many games as Bo has under his belt we should be opening it up more. The throws we are asking for over the middle are easier throws to make but have higher risk because of the congestion over the middle. The QB needs to be able to read the defense which is one reason at beginning of the season there was a reason to avoid those throws but this far into the season Bo is no longer an untested freshman.

I agree with this to an extent.  For comparison, UGA in 2017 was 32.47% passing under Fromm as a true freshmen.  In 2015 for Jalen Hurts, 42.64% playing as a true freshmen for Alabama.  If you take the average of those two you find Auburn this year.  We aren’t doing anything unusual from other powerhouses.  

@McLoofus Are we in the twilight zone?!?! HOW DID OUR DISCUSSION GET HERE!?!?!? lol. IT IS MAGIC BAAAAAY BAAAAAAAY!!!!

ssdasd.gif

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

@McLoofus Are we in the twilight zone?!?! HOW DID OUR DISCUSSION GET HERE!?!?!? lol. IT IS MAGIC BAAAAAY BAAAAAAAY!!!!

ssdasd.gif

I blame it in Golf's birthday

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

92? You obviously dont eat red meat 😂

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

bama has 7 guys with 9 or more receptions. 5 guys with 16 or more. 3 guys with 22 or more.

For LSU, it's 8, 3 and 3.

For us, it's 4, 2 and 1.

I guess maybe those other teams have more than one ball?

Also, it's interesting that we spread the ball around at the position we use the least and not to the position we use the most.

If I had the receivers those two have, especially Bammer, I might forgo running the ball altogether. Those guys are ridiculous....

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ssdasd.gif

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I blame it in Golf's birthday

Our conversation is like Pat Dye's pants.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ssdasd.gif

I moved it here because it was a full page worth hijacking of the Pegues thread. It's a combination of banter & questioning Gus on passing usage, a good number of which by Wolfpack members, so this is the best place for it.

This thread made made specifically to absorb such types of derailments.

@McLoofus when is the Wolfpack group picnic!? I will bring the tater 🥗 salad!!!! Lol

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I agree with this to an extent.  For comparison, UGA in 2017 was 32.47% passing under Fromm as a true freshmen.  In 2015 for Jalen Hurts, 42.64% playing as a true freshmen for Alabama.  If you take the average of those two you find Auburn this year.  We aren’t doing anything unusual from other powerhouses.  

So we're right on track to lose in the national championship game!?!?!?!   Sweet!!!!!

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whenever Mikey's backyard is available!

Just got off the phone with Mike. I had to hook up a land line phone to get a hold of him!!! He said we can have it the bye week after the Ole Miss game. It gives him plenty of time to find a way to maneuver the OFFICIAL Gus Bus out of his backyard!!!! lol WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@McLoofus when is the Wolfpack group picnic!? I will bring the tater 🥗 salad!!!! Lol

There is no wolfpack, therefore there can be no wolfpack picnic. The Pack of Mice scurry to gather after every Auburn loss but stay in their dark little holes when things are going good. Just check out their silence first half of this season, and then their sudden emergence after the UF loss. AU beats LSU and they'll be back in their dark corners, AU loses and they'll be parading around beating their chests.

Just now, Mikey said:

There is no wolfpack, therefore there can be no wolfpack picnic. The Pack of Mice scurry to gather after every Auburn loss but stay in their dark little holes when things are going good. Just check out their silence first half of this season, and then their sudden emergence after the UF loss. AU beats LSU and they'll be back in their dark corners, AU loses and they'll be parading around beating their chests.

WAIT I thought you wanted to name us the Pack. NOW THE MICE?!??! WHAT IS IT MIKE?!?! WHAT IS IT?!? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!! lol. At the end of the day if we are being super positive because we just beat TAMU on the road orrrrrr we are being super negative after the Florida loss because of HOW we lost not that we lost(THAT IS ALWAYS what it is about). WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!!! Girls just want to have fun?!?! NAH NAH NAH THE WOLFPACK JUST WANTS TO HAVE FUN!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (O and take our rightful place at the blue blood table and become a consistently dominant great football program who wins 10 games every year and wins some kind of title every couple of years.) 

LOL at you thinking people would actually be UPSET with a win to number 2 LSU AT tiger stadium a place that we have not won at since the clinton administration!!!!  COME ON MIKE!!! It ain't like that. People being negative about playcalling and 4 loss seasons does not equate to THEY DO NOT LOVE AWWWWWWWBARRRRRRRRRRN!. Where is this coming from?! hahahaha.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WAIT I thought you wanted to name us the Pack. NOW THE MICE?!?

It's a pack of mice. I thought that was abundantly clear, but it appears some have to have things spelled out for them, kindergarten style.

Just now, Mikey said:

It's a pack of mice. I thought that was abundantly clear, but it appears some have to have things spelled out for them, kindergarten style.

I really do!!!! I need you to spoon feed me AND hold my hand through the process!! I would be so lost without you in the mean streets of AU family forum without it!! IT IS A JUNGLE OUT THERE!!!!! lol.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

This thread seems pleasant :)

rttr.gif

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Kinda like OL depth?

Archived