Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

15 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

If any of you have time, go to either the Patriots subreddit or their forum and the love for Cam is freaking amazing.

Absolutely. You might've seen me fanning the flames under this same handle over there, lol. Also of note: All the Carolina fans that post there, who are now rooting for New England specifically because of Cam, keep posting things like "He deserves so much better than us, we're so happy he's with a winner now, please take care of our guy"... I've never seen anything like it. It's a really great story line in a year that hasn't had many.

• Like 2

Glad to see Carlson put the game away last night for the Raiders. 54 yd FG is nothing to sneeze about. If he doesn't make it Brees has great position to come down and win the game.

And a 'Stick it' to the Minn HC for cutting Carlson after 2 games into his career.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this morning where Cam tested positive and in quarantine. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/03/cam-newton-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Edited by gr82be
  • Sad 2
  • Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't decide where to put this and it doesn't warrant a thread. I like watching Pawn Stars and this episode from 2017 had Rick standing in front of a Cam Newton framed pic. Apologies for the poor quality of the photo. 

KIMG0601.JPG

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Really happy for Peyton Barber and that big Washington win. Rivera might actually be getting things turned around there, or at least to a place of respectability. But back to Barber, man. Everything about that dude and his career is just pure grit and guts. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he drives a beat up Ford Ranger to practice, lol. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really happy for Peyton Barber and that big Washington win. Rivera might actually be getting things turned around there, or at least to a place of respectability. But back to Barber, man. Everything about that dude and his career is just pure grit and guts. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he drives a beat up Ford Ranger to practice, lol. 

Even though it was against my Steelers it was fun to see him................very happy for him he deserves all the credit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Even though it was against my Steelers it was fun to see him................very happy for him he deserves all the credit.

Glad for Barber too, except same...doing against my Steelers.

At least Barber can get 1 yard for a TD while our RBs couldn't do in 4 tries. :(

• Sad 1

Here's how our current Tigers in the NFL rank amongst all-time Tigers going into this week's games:

PASSING (both yards and TDs):
1. Cam Newton (of course)

8. Jarrett Stidham

RUSHING:

Yards: 7. Newton, 14. Peyton Barber, 17. Kerryon Johnson

TDs: 1. Newton, 10. Barber, 16. K Johnson

RECEIVING: 

Receptions: 18. CJ Uzomah, 25. Darius Slayton

Yards: 16. Slayton, 20. Uzomah

TDs: 12. Slayton, 17. Uzomah

TACKLES: 7. Josh Bynes, 21. Jonathan Jones, 27. Carlton Davis, 29. Dee Ford

SACKS: 6. Ford, 14. Carl Lawson

SCORING: 4. Cody Parkey, 7. Newton, 9. Daniel Carlson, 18. Barber

CURRENT AUBURN PLAYERS ON THE ALL-TIME NFL CHARTS:

Newton - 47th in passing yardage, t-55 in passing TDs, 124th in rushing yardage, t-32 in rushing TDs, 32nd in total offense

Parkey - 162nd in scoring, T-125 in XP Made, T-124 in FG Made

Carlson - T-192 in XP Made, 168th in FG Made

Carlson missed an extra point as Raiders lose by 1.  He did come back later to make a short FG to take the lead with 19 seconds left.  Then the Raiders defense gives up a long pass and has a roughing the passer to set the Dolphins up with a 40 yard FG for the 1 point win.  

10 hours ago, Paladin said:

Afraid that tweet did not age well. Absolutely brutal watching Cam ever since his COVID break. Hard to imagine there's a comeback story after this.