Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

49 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Welp

Dang, he was injured again? 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Dang, he was injured again? 

I think Kerryon is just worn down.  To play as physical as he does, at his height and weight, the body just isn't going to last very long.  Wouldn't be surprised if he is done with football.  Either way, Kerryon is a smart guy that will do well after the NFL. 

• Like 2

Horrible news. Hopefully not serious.

Carl Lawson carted off at Jets-Packers joint practice

Josh Alper

1 min ago

Carl Lawson has been the subject of much praise at Jets training camp, so there are a lot of people in the organization holding their breath on Thursday about his condition.

According to reports from the Jets’ joint practice with the Packers in Green Bay, Lawson has been carted off the field. Lawson suffered an apparent left leg injury and there are no further details about the edge rusher’s status at the moment.

Lawson signed a three-year, $45 million deal with the Jets as a free agent this offseason and dispatches from Jets camp have been filled with notes of his pass rushing success in the team’s practice sessions.

The Jets will be hoping that he’ll be back in those sessions soon because their defense will be down a potent weapon if Lawson is out for an extended period of time.

Edited by Paladin
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

This makes me really sad.  Dude deserved a healthy season.  The Post-Auburn curse continues with major injuries. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Arryn (sp) Sipposs seems to have locked down the punting gig in Philly. Good for him. 

3 Australians on that roster!

Was it Arryn that was taking kick off duty last night, and kicking bombs out the back of the endzone?

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Was it Arryn that was taking kick off duty last night, and kicking bombs out the back of the endzone?

Yes, definitely*.

*I have no idea.

• Haha 1

Jets’ Carl Lawson vows to be ‘back’ from season-ending injury

By Joseph Staszewski

August 19, 2021 | 11:39pm

Carl Lawson vows to be ‘back better.”

The Jets defensive end ruptured his Achilles during a joint practice with the Packers on Thursday and will miss the entire 2021 season, the team announced. The 26-year-old free-agent pickup doesn’t want Jets’ fans feeling sorry for him — and themselves — after Lawson was touted as unblockable in training camp. His loss is a big blow to the Jets’ hopes this season.

“For those who truly know me know that this is like a flesh wound to me,” Lawson wrote on his Instagram account late Thursday night in his first comments about his injury. “Gods with me, I control what I can control so I’m always back better. Loved ones, friends and fans please keep your chins up so I can raise mines higher.”

The Jets signed Lawson to a three-year, $45 million contract in March after he spent four seasons with the Bengals. This is not Lawson’s first major injury. He tore his left ACL at Auburn in 2014 and tore his right ACL with the Bengals in 2018.

• Like 1

Any of you NFL guys wanna try your hand at Fantasy Football?  We are needing 1 more player.  It takes a 15 minute commitment a week at the minimum to set your lineup but can get you hooked in which actually makes watching every NFL game interesting instead of only your team.  Red Zone is perfect for fantasy users. Lol

Just now, AUBwins said:

Any of you NFL guys wanna try your hand at Fantasy Football?  We are needing 1 more player.  It takes a 15 minute commitment a week at the minimum to set your lineup but can get you hooked in which actually makes watching every NFL game interesting instead of only your team.  Red Zone is perfect for fantasy users. Lol

@Paladinever played? 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

@Paladinever played? 

I've never played. I don't follow the NFL close enough to know the quality players. 

I appreciate you asking. Two or three years ago I might have taken you up on it.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

I've never played. I don't follow the NFL close enough to know the quality players. 

I appreciate you asking. Two or three years ago I might have taken you up on it.

You're welcome.  I just started 2 years ago.  Almost won it the first year, and was hooked. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Patriots released Cam. Mac Jones to start.

Nobody ever said being an Auburn fan is easy.

Just straight up cut him.  Wow.  I think the Covid thing was the end. Mac played well too. But never hear the end of it.  Bama guy beats out 2 Auburn QBs for start.  Stids was hurt though. 

• Like 1