Count down thread

LKEEL75

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I almost did this until I googled him and saw that he got indicted on a sex charge. Figured Klein would be a funnier option.

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I almost did this until I googled him and saw that he got indicted on a sex charge. Figured Klein would be a funnier option.

Forgot about that. 

Welp

27 minutes ago, api1957 said:

We're Tristan Davis days away...

Image result for tristan davis auburn

One of my greatest laments is not getting to see him play the Cory Grant/OMac role for Gus. I mean, not instead of those guys, but in addition to them. I think he would have given us something special in that gap between Grant and Shivers/Schwartz. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
41 minutes ago, api1957 said:

We're Tristan Davis days away...

Image result for tristan davis auburn

One of my greatest laments is not getting to see him play the Cory Grant/OMac role for Gus. I mean, not instead of those guys, but in addition to them. I think he would have given us something special in that gap between Grant and Shivers/Schwartz. 

Dude was FAST!!!

Note: I love how, in this photo, he appears to have said "aww, heck with it" and decided to kill the punter.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yessir. Spent a minute returning kicks for the Redskins, IIRC.

Never made it off the practice squad with 5 different teams in 4 years. Had one preseason carry with Vikings and took it 35 yards to the house. Cut 2 weeks later. I can't believe he couldn't make a roster.

7 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Never made it off the practice squad with 5 different teams in 4 years. Had one preseason carry with Vikings and took it 35 yards to the house. Cut 2 weeks later. I can't believe he couldn't make a roster.

I was always puzzled as to why he could never carve out a larger role with the Tigers.

Tubs used to brag on him as if he was his son but...

He was a pretty dang good kick-returner though.  Had over 1400 yds in returns over 3 seasons.

23 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Oh, bummer. 

One of the more tantalizing and intriguing athletes to blow through here for sure. 

Tough picture to find but one of my earliest favorites, Tommy Powell.

mzlvAkld016lPr8uaoGCOmQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He would knock the living crap out of you

Definitely saw several of those plays 😎

2 hours ago, WVR said:

Shane Wasden

7DF0E36F-A732-4334-9038-026967070F3A.jpeg

Shane Wasden was the son of Bobby Wasden who played on our 1957 Championship team. Just some trivia for the younger folks on here.

WDE

Archived