Offensive Production & WR Use

ellitor

Just now, DAG said:

I wasn’t trying to get on to you my guy. My apologies if I came off harsh.

No you weren't at all! I was just saying that I thought Coates was a one-trick pony, and wanted to make sure you knew who I was talking about. These Sammy's and Sammie's are getting confusing. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

you keep mentioning Deon yet in all of the fades he is running I have spotted at least one arrow, stop, screen and COMEBACK route.

You’re right. Let’s forget the quote and go to  sample size evidence. I’ll take one of these, one of those, one of these. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You’re right. Let’s forget the quote and go to  sample size evidence. I’ll take one of these, one of those, one of these. 

Let me know when you find one comeback route on the highlight tape besides fades and screens. Oh he does have that stop where he throws the hand of God on the aggies DB.

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Fades or screens that is. Find me one highlight of him running a comeback route 

You know what a fade is right?  I hardly remember Sammie doing fades. That was Duke.

Sammie was second in the country in YPC.

The injustice is appalling.

Just now, DAG said:

Let me know when you find one comeback route on the highlight tape besides fades and screens. Oh he does have that stop where he throws the hand of God on the aggies DB.

He also had that 3rd and 12 clutch slant against FSU.  Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He also had that 3rd and 12 clutch slant against FSU.  Just saying. 

Where is that comeback route? Just saying

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You know what a fade is right?  I hardly remember Sammie doing fades. That was Duke.

Sammie was second in the country in YPC.

The injustice is appalling.

C62C0A81-8971-43F3-80DA-8E413D5DD1F4.jpeg

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Where is that comeback route? Just saying

Was I supposed to look that up for you? My internet broke. Will find it later. 

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

C62C0A81-8971-43F3-80DA-8E413D5DD1F4.jpeg

That’s. A go route. A streak, a straight seam but not much of a fade. 

How would that fade work at the GL? It wouldn’t. Fade would turn into a corner route. 

On 7/30/2019 at 7:07 AM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Man you had me saying maybe until you said better than NM. Gatewood may not even start or could be benched at any time in favor of Nix. Marshall was a freak from day one and in my book, the 2nd best QB to ever play at AU.

Not only a freak toting it, but he owns the single game passing record .. against the 2014 SEC Champions .. on their field .. more than Sullivan, White, Craig, Campbell and Cam ever did in a single game. For Gatewood to surpass all of that, I just cannot fathom it. 

Nick wasn’t a freak from day one though. Other than the MSU game, it took a handful of games for us to really see more than game changer potential. The LSU 2nd half was nice but that was countered by the first half being the opposite. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Was I supposed to look that up for you? My internet broke. Will find it later.  CONVENIENTLY LMAO

That’s. A go route. A stream, a straight seam but not much of a fade. 

How would that fade work at the GL? It wouldn’t. Fade would turn into a corner route. 

This is where you are mistaken. A fade is simply a quick pass to the outside shoulder of a receiver down the sideline. It is not solely relegated to the end zone. A back shoulder throw is a type of fade route. You are speaking of a goal line fade route. But this is just all semantics. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2016841-nfl-101-breaking-down-the-basics-of-the-route-tree

https://www.xandolabs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3219:teaching-the-back-shoulder-fade-route-2&catid=94&Itemid=162

https://footballtoolbox.net/fade-route-teach-tape

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

CONVENIENTLY LMAO

I was being sarcastic, E. I’m obviously still posting here...

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

A fade is simply a quick pass to the outside 

Now tell how me how many quick passes minus tunnel screens Sammie caught in his career. 

43 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No you weren't at all! I was just saying that I thought Coates was a one-trick pony, and wanted to make sure you knew who I was talking about. These Sammy's and Sammie's are getting confusing. 

I probably shouldn’t jump in this convo without knowing the foundation, but it’d be dishonest to say Sammie was anything other than a one trick pony. I really don’t think Sammie was fluid enough, body wise, to do more than what he showed. 

I was being sarcastic, E. I’m obviously still posting here...

Now tell how me how many quick passes minus tunnel screens Sammie caught in his career. 

Legitimately, the first play in this highlight film is a fade route..  3 step drop and release. Go find your internet.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I probably shouldn’t jump in this convo without knowing the foundation, but it’d be dishonest to say Sammie was anything other than a one trick pony. I really don’t think Sammie was fluid enough, body wise, to do more than what he showed. 

He caught the HR passes and got drafted into the NFL despite being like a 2* out of Leroy Alabama, wherever that is. He did what he what he was good at and did it often which included go routes and blocking. He had a 19% drop rate in his last year though and had his share of drops in the NFL. He wasn’t ever going to be an Julio Jones out there. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Legitimately, the first play in this highlight film is a fade route..  3 step drop and release. Go find your internet.

1. That wasn’t a fade 

2. And the rest of the video was full of go routes...but I’m sure you’re right about Sammie doing nothing but Fades and Screens. 

1. That wasn’t a fade 

2. And the rest of the video was full of go routes...but I’m sure you’re right about Sammie doing nothing but Fades and Screens. 

LOL. Alright Jeff. You are legitimately the only poster just arguing to argue. Now let me show you how silly you sound. You said the rest of the highlight film was just go (You are so bullheaded, you want to argue semantics to be right) and screens routes. This is his highlight tape. That is not versatility.  This is what everyone has been saying. You cite Deon Cane where we see him running mutltiple routes. I ask you to do the same and your argument is that is not a fade, he is running go and screen routes. This is how silly this dude is, I want you to find me one freaking highlight of him running a comeback route. I am waiting for that. 

32 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Agreed. Dude is an athletic freak though. 

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

1. That wasn’t a fade 

Legitimately curious to know what you would call that route. When I played we called it a 9 route - fade/go/fly/streak whatever you want to say. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are legitimately the only poster just arguing to argue.

I’m sorry that I accurately pointed out it wasn’t a fade. 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You said the rest of the highlight film was just go (You are so bullheaded, you want to argue semantics to be right) and screens routes

You can call it semantics but they’re still two different routes. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is his highlight tape. That is not versatility.

You’re not going to find all his catches on a highlight reel. Some were less than spectacular than others. 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

You cite Deon Cane where we see him running mutltiple routes

No, I quoted him saying the exact same thing that our former players did.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I ask you to do the same

1. It’s immaterial to the quote about Deon. What does Sammie have to do with Deon? 

2. I’m not doing your homework for you. You’re stupid if you really thought I was going to.

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I want you to find me one freaking highlight of him running a comeback route

You have the thinnest argument in the world if one single play is going to swing the needle one way or another. Sleuth away.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Legitimately curious to know what you would call that route. When I played we called it a 9 route - fade/go/fly/streak whatever you want to say. 

And tbh, if you really want to get technical, Sammie is actually running a couple of post routes on that highlight film. Whether it is meant to be that is anybodies guess lol. It is honestly a lot of chuck it and do your stuff or screens. Which is totally fine, if it works.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It was a 9 route for my school as well. What he did was a go route. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m sorry that I accurately pointed out it wasn’t a fade. 

You can call it semantics but they’re still two different routes. 

You’re not going to find all his catches on a highlight reel. Some were less than spectacular than others. 

No, I quoted him saying the exact same thing that our former players did.

1. It’s immaterial to the quote about Deon. What does Sammie have to do with Deon? 

2. I’m not doing your homework for you. You’re stupid if you really thought I was going to.

You have the thinnest argument in the world if one single play is going to swing the needle one way or another. Sleuth away.

You went from I don't have internet to now I am not going to do it. LOL. This guy.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And tbh, if you really want to get technical, Sammie is actually running a couple of post routes on that highlight film. 

Woah. Route tree just grew.

Just now, DAG said:

And tbh, if you really want to get technical, Sammie is actually running a couple of post routes on that highlight film. Whether it is meant to be that is anybodies guess lol. It is honestly a lot of chuck it and do your stuff or screens. Which is totally fine, if it works.

I just watched the first play. That route, at least when I was coming up, was commonly referred to as a fade. Maybe terminology has changed today?

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Woah. Route tree just grew.

I had to debate myself. That is how bad this has gotten.

Archived