What would Jesus be most distraught about?

TexasTiger

i have done that a few times in my life and i always felt like crap afterword. i am working on it and have gotten a lot better at not doing it.

jesus.jpg

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

jesus.jpg

I have serious questions about any professing Christian who doesn't see a LOT of truth in the above quote. (Though some of it is garbage). Obvious to any Christian is that Jesus has not changed at all. I can understand why non-Christians would want to monopolize on who they think that Jesus is, but I don't see how any professing Christian can believe that using God's name as an expletive and chanting mean things about people is in ANY way consistent with Christian values. I am embarrassed and heartbroken that so many professing Christians seem to be so off course.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I have serious questions about any professing Christian who doesn't see a LOT of truth in the above quote. (Though some of it is garbage). Obvious to any Christian is that Jesus has not changed at all. I can understand why non-Christians would want to monopolize on who they think that Jesus is, but I don't see how any professing Christian can believe that using God's name as an expletive and chanting mean things about people is in ANY way consistent with Christian values. I am embarrassed and heartbroken that so many professing Christians seem to be so off course.

today a wife of a friend posted a couple of quick words for people to pray for trump. honestly? i rolled my eyes and thought hell no. but then i realized i was trying to be a better follower of jesus these days. so i prayed for trump. sure did. and it was a great reminder that we should all strive to be better people. love is praying for people that are hard to love. and sometimes that is a huge challenge. you are heartbroken because you get it and strive to do it the right way. i see pretenders and fakes and i get mad and want to know why other christians are not calling these folks out. but you just taught me that when folks are heartbroken that is hard to do. i did not understand that before. thanks for the teaching moment. and i appreciate your honesty.

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

today a wife of a friend posted a couple of quick words for people to pray for trump. honestly? i rolled my eyes and thought hell no. but then i realized i was trying to be a better follower of jesus these days. so i prayed for trump. sure did. and it was a great reminder that we should all strive to be better people. love is praying for people that are hard to love. and sometimes that is a huge challenge. you are heartbroken because you get it and strive to do it the right way. i see pretenders and fakes and i get mad and want to know why other christians are not calling these folks out. but you just taught me that when folks are heartbroken that is hard to do. i did not understand that before. thanks for the teaching moment. and i appreciate your honesty.

Really proud of you fifty. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Really proud of you fifty. 

i got a long way to go. a long way. but thanks. i hope one day we all realize love will always be the higher law. bono says that and i am a believer in it.......just with a few lapses.

What would Jesus be most distraught about?

The lack of relationships he has with those that claim his name.

Jesus reportedly tried to exercise his free speech recently, but was immediately shouted down, censored, and  banned from Google, Twitter and Youtube respectively.

;)

I can neither confirm not deny these allegations.

It's generally bad form to try to put words in His mouth.  But, since we're being invited to play omnipotent being for a minute... I think He'd be most upset that someone would use His name/ministry/kingdom/greatness in the pursuit of cheap political talking points on a message board.  I think, maybe,  also that He would be upset that someone would invoke the great apostle Rainn Wilson as being an authority on how the Lord feels about all of our sin.  I think He might also make the observation that the only time a leftists invokes His name is in a hypocritical effort to disparage a Republican; again, for said political gain; not out of a sense of caring for their soul.    

But hey, like I said, generally bad form to assume I can interpret His thoughts.  I just usually leave it the way I was taught it... "God is a spirit; infinite, eternal, unchangeable in his being.  Wisdom, Power, Holiness, Justice, Goodness, Truth".  He is Righteous and Pure.  He never does wrong; and is absolutely without flaw. He acts, judges, decides and forgives; thank Him.  And, fortunately, he is boundless love and patience.  Unfortunately, he is disappointed in me daily; given that I am rarely any of the things He is.  I try to keep my condemnation of others focused on politics and out of the spiritual realm.  We get a lot of lightening out here and it's just too great a risk.  

Archived