Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, doug3020 said:

+/- UF and possibly MSU (doubtful)

We're basically a 7-5, 6-6 team. Believe someone else said this as well tonight.

Maybe this year will end the Malzahn era at Auburn.

I am absolutely sick of watching this offense and watching Kevin Steele save Gus Malzahns' butt year after year. He has always called the plays and they have always been the same 26 plays.

He doesn't throw slants, rarely a crossing route, doesn't recruit and develop quarterbacks and players. I watched Nick Marshall regress as a qb, and Stidham regress. I am just tired of him.

No BN is part of the problem. He had missed wide open receivers several times. OL can't block with the schemes. Play calling is not rational at all. No way you call the same play seven times in a row. Never. But Gus does. 

Thankfully Kevin Steele is still coaching for his job. 

Not Gus though. Same song dance this year as last.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I agree but why not give Gatewood a drive? Maybe it lights a spark or something.

Agree and I may make some folks mad when I say this but this is the type of stuff that could make a player transfer. It's not so much being beat out by Bo but when you don't get an opportunity to see if you can give a spark in a game like this then you start having questions that you won't like the answers to. Love Bo but I love Joey too. 

Even Tulane knows that Boobee was about to get it on that play. Should be pretty obvious when he staring at the sideline making the motion that he wants the ball again.

At what point do we give Gatewood a shot? The offensive sieve...I mean line...is killing Bo and the throws he does get off are getting tipped at the line all too often. Also, how did we ever convince Shivers to come here and warm our benches? Probably unpopular opinion, but I just don't see Whitlow even being second string RB at any other top 15 school

Sit Boobee down for the night please. I’d rather see Joiner at this point. Give worm the daggum ball on an outside pitch. Something.

Who else watches literally ANY other offense each week the past 2 years and goes YAH I wish we ran that kind of offense............ We are paying 7 million a year for it to be a 1 score game in the second half vs freaking tulane...........

Archived