Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

A couple of things. When I look at LSU-Texas ..both teams seem mentally strong, both teams are very physical and the pace of the game just seems so much different. I don’t know what is going on underneath the scenes but our guys just seem to come out lackadaisical . There is no fire underneath them. Bo needed tough love right there. When he makes an errand pass like that dog in him lol. MW use to get killed for making bad reads. Same with the defense. 

Most players today are soft. Not just at Auburn. Everywhere. Times have changed and the game has changed. I wonder sometimes how many would’ve made the cut back in the Dye era and even earlier. Practices were tougher. More physical. 

The only thing as repetitive as some of the playcalling is hearing "Dancing Queen" by the GreenWave Band... 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Who else watches literally ANY other offense each week the past 2 years and goes YAH I wish we ran that kind of offense............ We are paying 7 million a year for it to be a 1 score game in the second half vs freaking tulane...........

See and I’d be less critical of Gus if he weren’t supposed to be some offensive mastermind.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Gus is so damn predictable. Joiner comes into the game, and everyone should know the wheel route is coming

Yup it’s silly. I guess he really thinks no one is tracking this sort of thing. 

Just now, cole256 said:

I said this last week but we are the suckers lol. Every year we expect something different

Sad and true. 

Just now, WarDamn2010 said:

At what point do we give Gatewood a shot? The offensive sieve...I mean line...is killing Bo and the throws he does get off are getting tipped at the line all too often. Also, how did we ever convince Shivers to come here and warm our benches? Probably unpopular opinion, but I just don't see Whitlow even being second string RB at any other top 15 school

How do we ever recruit any highly recruited offensive skill position player to come here? It is a potential career ruiner (is that a word? IDK who cares) playing in this offense. Yet we continue to be awful at OL crutin.

Holy crap outside runs are more productive than running right at an 8 man front?

1 minute ago, shabby said:

I just cant with this offensive line. how is it possible for 5 seniors to be this bad? 

They are almost like watching Jeremy Johnson try to play football while being afraid of contact. It's almost unbelievable. 

Just now, jptiger said:

Most players today are soft. Not just at Auburn. Everywhere. Times have changed and the game has changed. I wonder sometimes how many would’ve made the cut back in the Dye era and even earlier. Practices were tougher. More physical. 

Maybe. I just wish the coaching staff would bark on some of them. Some of these plays are just pure senseless. This is college ball. We don’t need to hold hands .

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who else watches literally ANY other offense each week the past 2 years and goes YAH I wish we ran that kind of offense............ We are paying 7 million a year for it to be a 1 score game in the second half vs freaking tulane...........

Man, it's gotten to the point I can't even watch Oklahoma anymore without a bib because I drool so much.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sit Boobee down for the night please. I’d rather see Joiner at this point. Give worm the daggum ball on an outside pitch. Something.

Theyve matched us on the edge, which is pretty surprising.

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

We're getting killed on the recruiting trail bc we will not sub at TB. 

I bet Caddy is f’n livid 

Archived