Who might Jimmy Rane be calling?

ChltteTiger

I thought there was already a new post about the coaching search that we all know is inevitable but I don't see one this morning.

So anybody who thinks they know something, please feel free to educate the masses with any gleaned tidbits on the subject : Who ya gonna call Jimmy Yellow-Wood?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently this subject is being discussed under 'The Blame' so I guess the two should be combined?

Sorry 3rd generation if you were offended. Please feel free to head for your 'safe space' lol

8 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Sorry 3rd generation if you were offended. Please feel free to head for your 'safe space' lol

lol, i was offended by the  pop warner game plan, and playcalling

My thumbs down didn’t mean offended. It meant I disagree.  I don’t get offended by anyone unless they attack me personally.  This is just a bunch of amateur opinions on here.  Nothing to get offended about.  Plenty to disagree with though. 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My thumbs down didn’t mean offended. It meant I disagree.  I don’t get offended by anyone unless they attack me personally.  This is just a bunch of amateur opinions on here.  Nothing to get offended about.  Plenty to disagree with though. 😂😂😂

You disagree with discussing who is out there that would be an improvement on '8-4' Gus? Why is that? No worries no personal attacks by me on anyone. Just curious some of the viewpoints people bring.

From what I  understand Jimmy needs to get the majority of the super boosters on his side. Unfortunately there are several  of them with the mentality that Gus is the only SEC coach to beat Saban and played for a NC so we should give him more time to try and have another run one of these years.

Because we don’t know what’s going to happen the rest of the season.  I bet if you look back at the 2013 forums, you would see all of this panic and gnashing of teeth after we lost the LSU game and we went on to play in the NC.  I believe any talk of changing coaches at this point, bashing players by NAME, and acting as if you know what the rest of the season will be is disrespectful and disloyal to the team and to Auburn. That’s my opinion.  I don’t care if anyone shares that opinion or not. It’s just how I roll.   

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Because we don’t know what’s going to happen the rest of the season.  I bet if you look back at the 2013 forums, you would see all of this panic and gnashing of teeth after we lost the LSU game and we went on to play in the NC.  I believe any talk of changing coaches at this point, bashing players by NAME, and acting as if you know what the rest of the season will be is disrespectful and disloyal to the team and to Auburn. That’s my opinion.  I don’t care if anyone shares that opinion or not. It’s just how I roll.   

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Nope.  Gus really turned it around in the second half against LSU that year and we were all pretty optimistic.  At this point, bottom line, Gus wants to be right about his offense more than he wants to win games.

4 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Nope.  Gus really turned it around in the second half against LSU that year and we were all pretty optimistic.  At this point, bottom line, Gus wants to be right about his offense more than he wants to win games.

This^

So glad you know with absolute certainty what’s going on in Gus Malzahn’s mind.  You two must be really close.  😂😂😂 Were you sitting in that stadium? I can tell you from the very first play of the game that there was a weird vibe and that we weren’t going to win.  I was happy with the havoc we created on defense, but it was crazy loud and it felt off the whole entire game. We had a terrible time with communication on offense. If those very same teams had played in Auburn or at a neutral sight, we would have won, IMHO. 

47 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

You disagree with discussing who is out there that would be an improvement on '8-4' Gus? Why is that? No worries no personal attacks by me on anyone. Just curious some of the viewpoints people bring.

Here's my viewpoint. It's not the right time to bring up the subject. Plus the subject would be discussed by a bunch of folks on here who's opinion is worth zero when it comes to this matter. Oh I know there's a bunch of you are saying "well if it was me I would do this or call so and so", which makes you look stupid, cause you know what, you won't get the call to get your input. 

I don’t think Rane was impacted by last nights loss at all. He’s not gonna go out and start making calls after losing to UF...heck with this one game, he’s not stopped trying to get Gus replaced. Process has been on going and the loss to UF is not what started it. 

53 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

From what I  understand Jimmy needs to get the majority of the super boosters on his side. Unfortunately there are several  of them with the mentality that Gus is the only SEC coach to beat Saban and played for a NC so we should give him more time to try and have another run one of these years.

What year? 2030?

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

What year? 2030?

Dude.........  Probaby  IDK.  I don't understand how these are our most successful alum and yet this is their mindset.

9 minutes ago, creed said:

Here's my viewpoint. It's not the right time to bring up the subject. Plus the subject would be discussed by a bunch of folks on here who's opinion is worth zero when it comes to this matter. Oh I know there's a bunch of you are saying "well if it was me I would do this or call so and so", which makes you look stupid, cause you know what, you won't get the call to get your input. 

We all know 98% of the posters here know nothing. We are looking for someone on the inside (ellitor maybe? IDK) who has actual contacts. 

Unfortunately there are several  of them with the mentality that Gus is the only SEC coach to beat Saban and played for a NC so we should give him more time to try and have another run one of these years

WHo is the booster that owns a farm outside of Valley, Al?  Because that is what he told me!

Gus’s payout is $25 or so million this year. That’s significantly more than ND paid Charlie Weiss to leave (highest buyout ever to date). I don’t like CGM as a coach. I believe he’s a good man, but Auburn needs an upgrade at HC. With that said, it’s not happening this year. 
Also, we were a painted white line, a ball that was just a wee bit overthrown causing the receiver to fall after catch and a poorly thrown slant from winning that game. Just one of those days. They happen. The play calling was questionable, but that’s what we have w CGM. 

54 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Disagree. There is nothing wrong with predicting how any season will unfold. Heck ESPN al.com whole media actually get paid to do it. Nobody accuses any of them of disrespecting players etc. This is nonsense.

7 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

We all know 98% of the posters here know nothing. We are looking for someone on the inside (ellitor maybe? IDK) who has actual contacts. 

We both know that is never going to happen and not your reason for making this thread.  If they knew something they would not leak that info on here.  Their jobs would be on the line, especially E who works for the department.  

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We both know that is never going to happen and not your reason for making this thread.  If they knew something they would not leak that info on here.  Their jobs would be on the line, especially E who works for the department.  

I have seen people post inside info here before. Don't remember names  and wouldn't name them even if I recalled them. But if this is all wishful thinking hey thats all us Aubies have anymore s we are used to it.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

I have seen people post inside info here before. Don't remember names  and wouldn't name them even if I recalled them. But if this is all wishful thinking hey thats all us Aubies have anymore s we are used to it.

E knows a lot but only allude to what is public knowledge.  When Auburn has him under contract he can even go silent for long periods of time and good for him.  He doesn’t need to lose his job over this.  You might be thinking of WDE, but again he would never come out with a list of names.  It’s only one loss anyways.  It isn’t like we are 3-3.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

E knows a lot but only allude to what is public knowledge.  When Auburn has him under contract he can even go silent for long periods of time and good for him.  He doesn’t need to lose his job over this.  You might be thinking of WDE, but again he would never come out with a list of names.  It’s only one loss anyways.  It isn’t like we are 3-3.  

Yes its only one loss but I just do not see the resemblance to LSU 2013 when we all of a sudden we caught fire. I am thinking MSU game was an anomaly. I hope I am wrong!

Archived