Prayers please

bigbird

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, bigbird said:

Update:

He slept for about 6 hours last night. No change this morning in the pain. Being sent to PICU to begin a low-dose ketamine drip for 24 hours to try and "reset" the pain cycle. Waiting for a bed to open up there. 

Thanks again, everyone.

I'm hoping you guys can see some significant improvement in his condition soon! Prayers!

5 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I wish we could hear something, i've been here at least a hundred times already

I share the sentiment 110%, but I’m sure between James, Bird, His wife, and the family, there is a lot of exhaustion. All we can do is continue to send all of our prayers and good vibes their way.  There is a lot of Love being sent forsure 

To everyone, just pray and keep the faith, believe and receive. God loves James more than anyone on this Earth could love him. That may be unfathomable to some but it's true. @bigbird, I know you know this and because your love is so deep and strong for your son you can rest easier in this faith. God has this and He is working for James himself and through James for others. 

Bird. Thinking about your family and son! Praying for you all. I hope things are starting to get better now. Take care.

Praying daily for entire family. Give him our love and keep us posted. 

Another update:

The 36 hour ketamine drip didn't do anything for the pain but allowed for some extended sleep.  Docs have removed him from all of the opioids because they weren't doing anything for the pain. Trying a new direction but the first few options are nerve blocks and spinals which we can't really do due to the risk of bleeding into those areas. So we are kind of in a holding pattern until the next ideas are formulated. So their suggestions are to power through it with focus and deep breathing until we figure something else out. Well, that just sucks for all of us. 

We are still in PICU but might be moving us again to another floor in a little while.  We have played a lot of Madden but after my 4th pick 6 in our last game he has now banned me from playing unless I'm the Browns. Most would say I should let him win, but nah...He would know

I'll update later. Thank you for all the prayers, well wishes, and concerns

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Another update:

The 36 hour ketamine drip didn't do anything for the pain but allowed for some extended sleep.  Docs have removed him from all of the opioids because they weren't doing anything for the pain. Trying a new direction but the first few options are nerve blocks and spinals which we can't really do due to the risk of bleeding into those areas. So we are kind of in a holding pattern until the next ideas are formulated. So their suggestions are to power through it with focus and deep breathing until we figure something else out. Well, that just sucks for all of us. 

We are still in PICU but might be moving us again to another floor in a little while.  We have played a lot of Madden but after my 4th pick 6 in our last game he has now banned me from playing unless I'm the Browns. Most would say I should let him win, but nah...He would know

I'm so sorry to hear about the lack of success.  I will keep praying for our Lord to work His miracle on James.  Y'all have one tough young man...I know you're proud!

God bless!!!

@bigbird, I'm sorry dude. Really wish y'all weren't going through this... like this...

But good on ya for not letting him win. That's not the mercy he needs right now. And that's one reason your son is a badass. 

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Another update:

Still praying hard!

Bird, my daughter and son in law run a foundation that helps families with sick children. Hit me up if you guys need assistance. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Another update:

Much love, positivity, and prayers continue to be sent Bird. You and your family continue be in our thoughts daily. The madden comment did bring a smile to my face tho, it made me think back when I was going through chemo and my dad would come watch games with me, his friends would always want a pic of me so they could see how I was doing. His response was always to send a DR evil gif. I know James, you, and the family will keep strong through all of this, we’re always here for you. Much love brother!

24 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Bird, my daughter and son in law run a foundation that helps families with sick children. Hit me up if you guys need assistance. 

Much appreciated but we'd rather see that go to others that may need it more. Thank you for the thought though

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Much appreciated but we'd rather see that go to others that may need it more. Thank you for the thought though

Here if you need us Brother. They run Just Heart Foundation. They exist to help. Prayers continue. God Bless !!

33 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Any change, @bigbird Still have you guys in my prayers.  🙏🏻

Not really. He's developed an intense hypersensitivity in his calf, so much so that just blowing air on it sends him over the edge. Trying a few nerve pain type treatments

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not really. He's developed an intense hypersensitivity in his calf, so much so that just blowing air on it sends him over the edge. Trying a few nerve pain type treatments

Bird, give your son the best this old Ox can send him.  I'm really sorry he's going through this. I know you hurt for him and I'm sorry you are going through it also.  I hope the burden is lifted for your son and for all those who are caring for him soon. May healing be at hand...

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not trying to be too nosy but have you tried any lyrica for the nerve pain? I know some people that have neuropathy pain and it has helped them. Best of luck to all of you.

Archived